2017 - 10k Plus Club

g-boaf
Posts: 8808
Joined: Mon Sep 26, 2011 6:11 pm

Re: 2017 - 10k Plus Club

Postby g-boaf » Sat Sep 30, 2017 3:07 pm

warthog1 wrote:I'm out. I rode bugger all in the long, dark and cold Bendigo winter. I'm sitting at 5800 km and wont be catching up now.
Nice work everyone else 8)


Uh, yeah you can do it. You've got the best riding months coming up.

To borrow a quote from Warthog1: "It's not that hard. Drop your head and pedal."

Come on - get on your bike and get riding!

Do some 500km weeks back to back and you'll get there before you know it.

User avatar
warthog1
Posts: 6873
Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2012 4:40 pm

Re: 2017 - 10k Plus Club

Postby warthog1 » Sat Sep 30, 2017 5:31 pm

I can't commit time wise with teenage kids and other family duties along with full time work.
Much of my motivation in the past came from being competitive with other riders.
I am old and past it now and haven't found a replacement motivator that is as strong.
I'll leave it to you blokes to smash those k's out :)

jasonc
Posts: 9428
Joined: Thu Feb 24, 2011 3:40 pm
Location: Brisbane

Re: 2017 - 10k Plus Club

Postby jasonc » Sat Sep 30, 2017 6:56 pm

warthog1 wrote:Much of my motivation in the past came from being competitive with other riders.
I am old and past it now and haven't found a replacement motivator that is as strong.


For me, signing up to an event is a good motivator
Image

User avatar
warthog1
Posts: 6873
Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2012 4:40 pm

Re: 2017 - 10k Plus Club

Postby warthog1 » Sat Sep 30, 2017 9:21 pm

jasonc wrote:For me, signing up to an event is a good motivator


I might do the ACE250 yet. I will need to improve before then though. lol

User avatar
cancan64
Posts: 1507
Joined: Tue Oct 22, 2013 9:13 pm
Location: Auckland

Re: 2017 - 10k Plus Club

Postby cancan64 » Mon Oct 02, 2017 10:29 am

I am doing the Tour Aotearoa which is a 3000km self supported mixed terrain bike packing brevet ... need a few km under my belt for that which is motivation to keep them clicking over...although a juggle with home life and I have an 800km warm up brevet coming up in November to add to the 300km+ commuting week before and after...
“Some say he isn’t machine washable, and all his potted plants are called ‘Steve’.

Hergest
Posts: 1110
Joined: Sat Jun 06, 2009 8:05 pm
Location: Guildford West, NSW

Re: 2017 - 10k Plus Club

Postby Hergest » Sat Oct 07, 2017 10:46 pm

Passed 12,000 kms this morning with 94k metres of climbing, still on track for 15k of distance.
13 LynskeyR230 01 Lemond BuenosAires

Image

User avatar
DavidS
Posts: 2304
Joined: Wed Sep 22, 2010 11:24 pm
Location: Melbourne

Re: 2017 - 10k Plus Club

Postby DavidS » Sun Oct 08, 2017 9:32 pm

Just under 9,000 after Around the Bay, well ahead, hopefully will reach 10k in November.

DS
Image

Cannondale Quick Speed 2, Allegro T1

User avatar
Tim
Posts: 1788
Joined: Wed Jul 07, 2010 5:02 pm
Location: Gippsland Lakes

Re: 2017 - 10k Plus Club

Postby Tim » Sun Oct 08, 2017 10:03 pm

I'm a bit bit late to this party but I just hit 10,000 today.
That's been the annual target for quite a few years now.
I can sit on the couch for two months now, or aim for 12. :D

g-boaf
Posts: 8808
Joined: Mon Sep 26, 2011 6:11 pm

Re: 2017 - 10k Plus Club

Postby g-boaf » Mon Oct 09, 2017 6:38 am

Tim wrote:I'm a bit bit late to this party but I just hit 10,000 today.
That's been the annual target for quite a few years now.
I can sit on the couch for two months now, or aim for 12. :D


Go for 12K! :D

I'm still chasing Hergest down, about 500km back. I'm only doing about 270km per week at the moment, but riding well at the moment.

jasonc
Posts: 9428
Joined: Thu Feb 24, 2011 3:40 pm
Location: Brisbane

Re: 2017 - 10k Plus Club

Postby jasonc » Mon Oct 09, 2017 10:25 am

Tim wrote:I can sit on the couch for two months now, or aim for 12. :D

12? Go for 13
Image

User avatar
Tim
Posts: 1788
Joined: Wed Jul 07, 2010 5:02 pm
Location: Gippsland Lakes

Re: 2017 - 10k Plus Club

Postby Tim » Mon Oct 09, 2017 11:52 am

g-boaf wrote:Go for 12K! :D


The couch isn't comfy enough for me.
It's either 3 months in bed or 3 months on the bike.
I'll go for 12. :D

jasonc wrote:12? Go for 13


Well, there's nearly 3 whole months left. Two of those months have got 31 days in them. The weather's improving. I feel good. Bikes are all in A1 condition.
Why-the-hell-not!!!
12999.99 sounds better. Superstitious, nah!
Only consideration is criteriums start soon, just round the corner from my place. Haven't raced in 25 years but the circuit is very close to home and there's plenty of persuasive pressure coming in from my bike mates. I won't be needing any long rides. 83 days left till NY's Eve, that's 36 km's daily average. Perfect criterium training distance.
Here come the high intensity, intervals and sprints. Bit of a change from the last eight years slow, gentle plodding.
I have a plan. :D
Thanks for the push.

jasonc
Posts: 9428
Joined: Thu Feb 24, 2011 3:40 pm
Location: Brisbane

Re: 2017 - 10k Plus Club

Postby jasonc » Mon Oct 09, 2017 12:41 pm

Good luck Tim
Image

User avatar
jules21
Posts: 10331
Joined: Thu Apr 02, 2009 11:14 pm
Location: deep in the pain cave

Re: 2017 - 10k Plus Club

Postby jules21 » Mon Oct 09, 2017 1:04 pm

Tim wrote:Only consideration is criteriums start soon, just round the corner from my place. Haven't raced in 25 years but the circuit is very close to home and there's plenty of persuasive pressure coming in from my bike mates.

crits are an efficient way of building km, as you rack them up quickly at 40 km/h :)

User avatar
Mugglechops
Posts: 2930
Joined: Mon Jan 10, 2011 6:51 pm
Location: Shoalhaven

Re: 2017 - 10k Plus Club

Postby Mugglechops » Mon Oct 09, 2017 1:42 pm

I was in the green on Friday but I have slipped as I normally only ride during the week.
Image

jasonc
Posts: 9428
Joined: Thu Feb 24, 2011 3:40 pm
Location: Brisbane

Re: 2017 - 10k Plus Club

Postby jasonc » Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:41 am

11k with 168k of up
Image

User avatar
Tim
Posts: 1788
Joined: Wed Jul 07, 2010 5:02 pm
Location: Gippsland Lakes

Re: 2017 - 10k Plus Club

Postby Tim » Mon Oct 16, 2017 12:33 pm

Looking good for 13K.
Motivation is high for upcoming crit races.
Doing two High Intensity sessions a week. Only six weeks left so not ideal timespan for big gains
Currently; Tuesdays, 6 x 1 minute (near) Max HR (95%+), 1 minute rest between reps. Adding one extra rep per week till 10 reps. If I can't maintain max HR then settle on high cadence eg. 120+ RPM. This hurts!!!
Thurs/Fridays, 2 x 12 minute High Intensity (AT) 85-95% Max HR, 10 minute rest in between. Increasing by 2 minutes each week until 2 x 20.
Riding 6 days /week, very gentle on easy days. Finished one week at above and feel reasonably fresh today.
No idea if this'll work but hoping I might speed up a bit.

User avatar
cancan64
Posts: 1507
Joined: Tue Oct 22, 2013 9:13 pm
Location: Auckland

Re: 2017 - 10k Plus Club

Postby cancan64 » Fri Oct 20, 2017 7:07 am

rolled past 13,000km this week, of which 10,000 is commuting which I also rolled past this week and 200,000 mtrs of climbing, which I also rolled past this week... funny how they all aligned in the same week
“Some say he isn’t machine washable, and all his potted plants are called ‘Steve’.

jasonc
Posts: 9428
Joined: Thu Feb 24, 2011 3:40 pm
Location: Brisbane

Re: 2017 - 10k Plus Club

Postby jasonc » Sat Oct 21, 2017 7:06 am

cancan64 wrote:rolled past 13,000km this week, of which 10,000 is commuting which I also rolled past this week and 200,000 mtrs of climbing, which I also rolled past this week... funny how they all aligned in the same week


10k commuting for me yesterday. but you are over 200kms in front of me now
Image

User avatar
cancan64
Posts: 1507
Joined: Tue Oct 22, 2013 9:13 pm
Location: Auckland

Re: 2017 - 10k Plus Club

Postby cancan64 » Mon Oct 23, 2017 8:50 am

jasonc wrote:
10k commuting for me yesterday. but you are over 200kms in front of me now


Yeh but short week for new now.... I woke up to the thunderstorm and thought that might help me... then remembered I have to fly out.... nice morning now and wet in Auckland
“Some say he isn’t machine washable, and all his potted plants are called ‘Steve’.

g-boaf
Posts: 8808
Joined: Mon Sep 26, 2011 6:11 pm

Re: 2017 - 10k Plus Club

Postby g-boaf » Mon Oct 23, 2017 12:23 pm

Tim wrote:
g-boaf wrote:Go for 12K! :D


The couch isn't comfy enough for me.
It's either 3 months in bed or 3 months on the bike.
I'll go for 12. :D

jasonc wrote:12? Go for 13


Well, there's nearly 3 whole months left. Two of those months have got 31 days in them. The weather's improving. I feel good. Bikes are all in A1 condition.
Why-the-hell-not!!!
12999.99 sounds better. Superstitious, nah!
Only consideration is criteriums start soon, just round the corner from my place. Haven't raced in 25 years but the circuit is very close to home and there's plenty of persuasive pressure coming in from my bike mates. I won't be needing any long rides. 83 days left till NY's Eve, that's 36 km's daily average. Perfect criterium training distance.
Here come the high intensity, intervals and sprints. Bit of a change from the last eight years slow, gentle plodding.
I have a plan. :D
Thanks for the push.


Good man! Good luck with it. :)

I'm now at 12,000km.

Cyclophiliac
Posts: 121
Joined: Thu Apr 10, 2014 7:48 am

Re: 2017 - 10k Plus Club

Postby Cyclophiliac » Fri Oct 27, 2017 5:57 pm

11,425km for me, with about 143,000m climbing.

User avatar
biker jk
Posts: 5854
Joined: Tue Nov 17, 2009 6:18 pm
Location: Sydney

Re: 2017 - 10k Plus Club

Postby biker jk » Sun Oct 29, 2017 12:58 pm

Went through 10k today with 117k of up. I'll be well down on the 15k I did last year but not too worried since I've focused on raising FTP this year and it's working.

Hergest
Posts: 1110
Joined: Sat Jun 06, 2009 8:05 pm
Location: Guildford West, NSW

Re: 2017 - 10k Plus Club

Postby Hergest » Sun Oct 29, 2017 3:18 pm

Passed through 13,000 kms this morning with a ride up to Springwood. Good to get the distance in but the surprising early heat wasn't too pleasant.
13 LynskeyR230 01 Lemond BuenosAires

Image

jasonc
Posts: 9428
Joined: Thu Feb 24, 2011 3:40 pm
Location: Brisbane

Re: 2017 - 10k Plus Club

Postby jasonc » Thu Nov 02, 2017 8:08 am

12k with 180k of up
Image

User avatar
jules21
Posts: 10331
Joined: Thu Apr 02, 2009 11:14 pm
Location: deep in the pain cave

Re: 2017 - 10k Plus Club

Postby jules21 » Thu Nov 02, 2017 2:34 pm

almost 11,800km here and that's likely to be most of it as I nurse a broken collarbone for a while :cry:

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Calvin27, Cyclophiliac, duncanm, Ratts, RobertL