2017 - 6K Club

User avatar
Mustang
Posts: 1474
Joined: Tue Feb 02, 2010 9:20 am
Location: Little Mountain Q
Contact:

Re: 2017 - 6K Club

Postby Mustang » Fri Oct 06, 2017 4:17 pm

Sunshine Coast Bike Fest is on this Sunday, entered & paid then, the dreaded back let me down on Monday while checking the tank filters before the rain event.
Not so bad by Wed., got in a wrong position & down I go again, this time , confined to bed. FTW!!!!!!!

I,m going to seek specialist advice next week, as its a recurring problem, I may make the Brisbane to GC next week but not looking good.
Ah well the money goes to a good cause.

Keep upright guys & don't put off a ride, just because.
Cheers
Image

User avatar
Cardy George
Posts: 467
Joined: Sun Aug 23, 2009 11:10 pm
Location: Red Cliffs, Vic

Re: 2017 - 6K Club

Postby Cardy George » Fri Oct 06, 2017 9:24 pm

Mustang wrote:Sunshine Coast Bike Fest is on this Sunday, entered & paid then, the dreaded back let me down on Monday while checking the tank filters before the rain event.
Not so bad by Wed., got in a wrong position & down I go again, this time , confined to bed. FTW!!!!!!!

I,m going to seek specialist advice next week, as its a recurring problem, I may make the Brisbane to GC next week but not looking good.
Ah well the money goes to a good cause.

Keep upright guys & don't put off a ride, just because.
Cheers

I share your pain Mustang. Pinched something down low and just sitting upright hurts. Luckily nothing ever hurts while I'm sitting on a bike.

Bought some spiffy new gloves....
ImageSpiffy by Jeremy Roden, on Flickr

I dare them to say they didn't see me now! :twisted:

User avatar
skull
Posts: 2001
Joined: Thu Oct 11, 2007 9:48 pm

Re: 2017 - 6K Club

Postby skull » Mon Oct 09, 2017 8:20 pm

I don't think i am going to get there

User avatar
Cardy George
Posts: 467
Joined: Sun Aug 23, 2009 11:10 pm
Location: Red Cliffs, Vic

Re: 2017 - 6K Club

Postby Cardy George » Mon Oct 09, 2017 11:01 pm

skull wrote:I don't think i am going to get there

It's only 27km a day....... :?:

User avatar
skull
Posts: 2001
Joined: Thu Oct 11, 2007 9:48 pm

Re: 2017 - 6K Club

Postby skull » Tue Oct 10, 2017 5:52 pm

Cardy George wrote:
skull wrote:I don't think i am going to get there

It's only 27km a day....... :?:


putting it like that I might be able to then.

I don't ride every day but I could make a few extra kms up on days I do.

User avatar
Mugglechops
Posts: 2923
Joined: Mon Jan 10, 2011 6:51 pm
Location: Shoalhaven

Re: 2017 - 6K Club

Postby Mugglechops » Thu Oct 19, 2017 10:18 am

I passed last years total yesterday. Only a few years ago I used to struggle to hit 6km. Will hit 8k today.
Image

chriso_29er
Posts: 157
Joined: Fri Jul 31, 2015 9:00 pm

Re: 2017 - 6K Club

Postby chriso_29er » Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:00 pm

Great stuff

I'm going ok with a weeks riding up my sleeve and only 1050km left for the year. Will be able to step up my commutes again now the weather is getting nice and going on 2 weeks holiday soon :)
Image

User avatar
Mustang
Posts: 1474
Joined: Tue Feb 02, 2010 9:20 am
Location: Little Mountain Q
Contact:

Re: 2017 - 6K Club

Postby Mustang » Tue Oct 24, 2017 7:40 pm

Nice going Mugglechops 8000+ wow thats great work.
Image

RobertL
Posts: 336
Joined: Wed Feb 17, 2016 3:08 pm
Location: Brisbane

Re: 2017 - 6K Club

Postby RobertL » Wed Oct 25, 2017 12:26 pm

I've never paid much attention to these 6K/10K etc conversations, but I thought that I'd drop in and mention that I passed 6000km for the year this week. I only did 5000+km last year, so I am going to substantially improve on that.

User avatar
grt046
Posts: 385
Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2010 10:53 pm
Location: Brisbane Northside

Re: 2017 - 6K Club

Postby grt046 » Wed Oct 25, 2017 5:19 pm

RobertL wrote:I've never paid much attention to these 6K/10K etc conversations, but I thought that I'd drop in and mention that I passed 6000km for the year this week. I only did 5000+km last year, so I am going to substantially improve on that.


Well done Robert nice increase on last year .... what's your target now? I am unlikely to match my last years total unless I pull my finger out :D

RobertL
Posts: 336
Joined: Wed Feb 17, 2016 3:08 pm
Location: Brisbane

Re: 2017 - 6K Club

Postby RobertL » Thu Oct 26, 2017 10:44 am

grt046 wrote:
RobertL wrote:I've never paid much attention to these 6K/10K etc conversations, but I thought that I'd drop in and mention that I passed 6000km for the year this week. I only did 5000+km last year, so I am going to substantially improve on that.


Well done Robert nice increase on last year .... what's your target now? I am unlikely to match my last years total unless I pull my finger out :D


Well, I don't really have a distance target as such. I'll probably see what I end up with this year and use it as a target for next year.

In 2015 I started commuting to work by bike. Last year I added some group riding. This year I've been doing more group riding, and a few races, and have done a bit of training for that. So my mileage has been increasing correspondingly, without me having to think about it too much.

I think that I'm lucky that I just really, really enjoy riding my bike!

User avatar
Mustang
Posts: 1474
Joined: Tue Feb 02, 2010 9:20 am
Location: Little Mountain Q
Contact:

Re: 2017 - 6K Club

Postby Mustang » Sun Oct 29, 2017 12:03 pm

Back on the bike today. (20km :? )
After falling 393km behind with a back injury I doubt I will catch up. Fact of getting on & putting up with it.
Image

User avatar
Cardy George
Posts: 467
Joined: Sun Aug 23, 2009 11:10 pm
Location: Red Cliffs, Vic

Re: 2017 - 6K Club

Postby Cardy George » Mon Oct 30, 2017 10:00 pm

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: All done!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

I'll upload sometime soon, but according to my calculations it's a cooked goose!

User avatar
Orion
Posts: 154
Joined: Tue Sep 02, 2008 8:39 am
Location: Montville, QLD

Re: 2017 - 6K Club

Postby Orion » Sat Nov 04, 2017 11:10 am

Ticked over 5000km this morning. Just managing to stay on track at the moment.
Image

Abby
Posts: 361
Joined: Fri May 21, 2010 11:41 am

Re: 2017 - 6K Club

Postby Abby » Tue Nov 07, 2017 12:48 pm

Well, I've never ever passed 4000km in a year, and I've now done it!! WIth the kids weekend sport commitments for the year done, I've got the 5000km well in my sights - which will see me beating my previous best annual mileage by over 1000km.

Feeling really good about how its going, and great launch pad to bigger tings again next year... :-)

User avatar
Mustang
Posts: 1474
Joined: Tue Feb 02, 2010 9:20 am
Location: Little Mountain Q
Contact:

Re: 2017 - 6K Club

Postby Mustang » Tue Nov 07, 2017 12:59 pm

WEll done you GREEN guys.
Image

User avatar
skull
Posts: 2001
Joined: Thu Oct 11, 2007 9:48 pm

Re: 2017 - 6K Club

Postby skull » Wed Nov 08, 2017 8:45 pm

Mustang wrote:WEll done you GREEN guys.


Yep

Maybe next year I can get back in the green. To think I would do over 10k a year and now struggle to get a couple of thousand up now.

User avatar
Mustang
Posts: 1474
Joined: Tue Feb 02, 2010 9:20 am
Location: Little Mountain Q
Contact:

Re: 2017 - 6K Club

Postby Mustang » Thu Nov 09, 2017 9:45 am

skull wrote:
Mustang wrote:WEll done you GREEN guys.


Yep

Maybe next year I can get back in the green. To think I would do over 10k a year and now struggle to get a couple of thousand up now.

Wow 10K a year is a fantasy for me, I once did 7K, I hope you get back. I will try a ride on Sunday if weather permits.
Ahh it takes all year to get your fitness, then 5 minutes to lose it.
Image

User avatar
grt046
Posts: 385
Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2010 10:53 pm
Location: Brisbane Northside

Re: 2017 - 6K Club

Postby grt046 » Thu Nov 09, 2017 11:08 pm

Mustang wrote:WEll done you GREEN guys.


Thanks Mustang, nice to see you are back on the bike, but what about those in Gold .... Cardy George and Mugglechops before he reset to 10k big effort both of you.

I rolled past 7k today on a new set of wheels ..... my first time on carbon (Craftworx UltimaCarbon C38) A very happy chappy. 567km to goal and on track :D

Graeme

User avatar
Orion
Posts: 154
Joined: Tue Sep 02, 2008 8:39 am
Location: Montville, QLD

Re: 2017 - 6K Club

Postby Orion » Sat Nov 11, 2017 12:35 pm

Did my 3rd century ride this year today with 105km. Just over 700km to go!
Image

User avatar
Mustang
Posts: 1474
Joined: Tue Feb 02, 2010 9:20 am
Location: Little Mountain Q
Contact:

Re: 2017 - 6K Club

Postby Mustang » Sun Nov 19, 2017 12:36 pm

Strava tells me there is a difference of 45km to here. I have had one manual upload due to flat computer.
Refreshed the stats through Strava, we will see if that works tomorrow.
Image

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: NhiTrac, Waccofozzy