Batemans Bay - Cycle Central

open topic, for anything cycling related.

Batemans Bay - Cycle Central

Postby Monty » Mon Jan 08, 2007 7:54 pm

Hi! Happy New Year to everyone :D I just returned from a week by the beach in Batemans Bay (south coast of NSW). When I got there I couldn't help but notice the number of cyclists. Cyclists EVERYWHERE! And they came in all shapes and sizes. I saw little kids, teenagers, fit guys and gals in their prime, right through to middle aged men and women and really old folks pedalling around too.

There were also cyclists riding for fun/recreation as well as the serious (think lycra and road racers) ones that were obviously training. It was really great to see.. made me wish I could have brought my bike with me :cry: . It also made me think about how cycle unfriendly Sydney is.

Strange thing was, that I couldn't easily spot a cycle store - the only one I did see seemed to have closed down. This made me wonder where all the bikes came from. Obviously not that store!
Monty

by BNA » Tue Jan 09, 2007 6:42 am

BNA

Postby matagi » Tue Jan 09, 2007 6:42 am

There's a really good bike store in Moruya - but I'm not sure how far away that is.
matagi

Postby TriggerFish » Tue Jan 09, 2007 8:53 am

Moruya is about 15-20 mins (by car) south of Batemans Bay. Was thinking of popping in there on the weekend as I will be in the area. Will be interested to see it.
TriggerFish

Postby Monty » Tue Jan 09, 2007 8:59 am

Wish there were some really good bike stores in Wollongong. I grew up there, but moved to the big smoke for work around two years ago. My parents are still there and my dad has expressed an interest in starting to ride to work - but first he needs a bike. Anyone know of any good stores in or near Wollongong?
Monty

Postby sogood » Tue Jan 09, 2007 12:22 pm

Moruya does online mail order. Pretty good service by my experience.
Bianchi, Ridley, Montague, GT, Garmin and All things Apple :)
RK wrote:And that is Wikipedia - I can write my own definition.
sogood

Postby heather » Wed Jan 17, 2007 1:54 pm

I was also in Batemans Bay on holidays for a week over Christmas, and in contast I didn't see other road cyclists training. I had hoped to hook up on some training rides with others, but spent all of the time on my own.

There was a bicycle/sports store around the corner from the closed bike shop, but more a sports store than a bike shop. We had to go to Moruya to buy more tubes (because I got 4 flats in a couple of days :twisted: ).

But the Moruya shop was really good: http://www.moruyabicycles.com.au/

Oh, the hills were a killer! :shock:
heather

Return to General discussion