Free/hire bikes around Sydney?

mikesbytes
Super Mod
Super Mod

Re: Free/hire bikes around Sydney?

Postby mikesbytes » Thu Oct 19, 2017 8:50 am

Perhaps he could be required to attend a safety training course, so he can see the implications of putting the helmets in the bin
If the R-1 rule is broken, what happens to N+1?

Bunged Knee

Postby Bunged Knee » Tue Oct 24, 2017 5:06 pm

Another dockless share bikes Ofo is being added to the group.
Ofo to bring hundreds more bikes to Sydney. Only cost $1 for 30mins up to max of $5 for 2 1/2hrs, no deposits needed but have to download the Ofo app and get the 1st 1/2hr ride free and need the credit card for payment.
Ofo Australia head of strategy, Scott Walker, says Ofo will provide around 25 to 30 "preferred parking" zones in each council area, some of which have CCTV nearby so vandalism can be monitored.

A "geofence" on the bike will alert riders if they try to park a bike outside the Ofo operational zone, which in the city covers Martin Place, Ultimo, Surry Hills, Kings Cross, Redfern and Erskineville.

"There have been some challenges faced by other operators, but we are taking our time to do this right," said Mr Walker.
ID please? What ID? My seat tube ID is 27.2mm or 31.6mm depending on what bikes I ride today.thanks...

OnTrackZeD

Postby OnTrackZeD » Wed Oct 25, 2017 9:17 am

Bunged Knee wrote:Only cost $1 for 30mins up to max of $5 for 2 1/2hrs, no deposits needed

Half price and no deposit which is the best as I never understood why you need to pay a deposit for something laying around the streets.

mikesbytes
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby mikesbytes » Wed Oct 25, 2017 12:33 pm

OnTrackZeD wrote:
Bunged Knee wrote:Only cost $1 for 30mins up to max of $5 for 2 1/2hrs, no deposits needed

Half price and no deposit which is the best as I never understood why you need to pay a deposit for something laying around the streets.

That's interesting as the deposit is part of the business model, as that funding gives them revenue to invest

Bunged Knee

Postby Bunged Knee » Wed Oct 25, 2017 10:36 pm

Are they going to put anymore different brand of dockless bikes everywhere soon???

Earthbike is being spotted in the park near Rhodes.
There's no info of it in the web, but it got the app and it had 100 downloads with 5 reviews of 4x 1star.
No info or price upfront until you get the app. I 'm not doing it.
ID please? What ID? My seat tube ID is 27.2mm or 31.6mm depending on what bikes I ride today.thanks...

Scott No Mates

Postby Scott No Mates » Sun Oct 29, 2017 10:27 pm

I noticed an O-bike last night at Lavender Bay Wharf, some bright spark had smashed the front rim, not just buckled but snapped well beyond repair.

Another was left in the middle of the bike path at Naremburn - don't people know how to park a bike?
I really should take up cycling!

sertse

Postby sertse » Mon Oct 30, 2017 8:05 am

OnTrackZeD wrote:

Ofo also uses the 3 speed gear bike is makes it usuable for Sydney unlike Obike.

Seems like a winner in all areas to me, but would people use it?

mikesbytes
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby mikesbytes » Mon Oct 30, 2017 10:12 am

There's now 4 providers in Sydney

Bikes parked badly are often there because people who don't want them are moving them into those locations to justify there gripe

find_bruce

Postby find_bruce » Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:37 am

One of the top Chinese bikeshare companies, Bluegogo has gone bankrupt. It seems they are not part of any of the current providers in Sydney, but supplied bikes to Reddy Go