Humidity

open topic, for anything cycling related.

Humidity

Postby tuco » Sat Jan 13, 2007 9:00 am

I just rode 40km.

Time : 6am
Temp : 27 degrees
Humidity : 79%
Apparent temp : 34 degrees

I drank a litre of water and was still a kilo lighter when I got home.

I better refit that second bottle holder.
User avatar
tuco
 
Posts: 2016
Joined: Wed Oct 11, 2006 3:36 pm

by BNA » Sat Jan 13, 2007 9:50 am

BNA
 

Postby europa » Sat Jan 13, 2007 9:50 am

Might be an idea to upgrade to Darwin stubbies while you're at it :shock:

Richard
User avatar
europa
 
Posts: 7327
Joined: Sun Jul 16, 2006 10:51 am
Location: southern end of Adelaide - home of hills, fixies and drop bears

Postby tuco » Sat Jan 13, 2007 9:54 am

europa wrote:Might be an idea to upgrade to Darwin stubbies while you're at it :shock:

Richard


If only I could fit them on the bike . . .
User avatar
tuco
 
Posts: 2016
Joined: Wed Oct 11, 2006 3:36 pm

Postby mikesbytes » Sat Jan 13, 2007 11:11 am

Get a carrier and attach a couple of jerry cans. Mate, I'd be dead if I went on that ride.
A helmet saved my life
User avatar
mikesbytes
Super Mod
Super Mod
 
Posts: 14719
Joined: Thu Dec 01, 2005 10:42 pm
Location: Tempe, Sydney

Postby Mulger bill » Sat Jan 13, 2007 5:28 pm

Aren't roadies allowed to wear hydration packs? That would've been bloody hard work.
User avatar
Mulger bill
Super Mod
Super Mod
 
Posts: 25548
Joined: Sun Sep 24, 2006 2:41 pm
Location: Sunbury Vic

Postby europa » Sat Jan 13, 2007 5:54 pm

Mulger bill wrote:Aren't roadies allowed to wear hydration packs? That would've been bloody hard work.


Get real, it messes with the shape of the lycra :D

Seriously, you have to find a way to carry enough water. I'm lucky, I've got a carrier and can put on my 'small' panniers with a big bottle of water. But Tuco is race training riding a race bike - on some rides, a camel back would seem to make sense. Then again, so does sitting inside under the aircon watching TdF dvds :wink: (not picking on you Tuco, I'm just glad I don't have to face your conditions)

Richard
User avatar
europa
 
Posts: 7327
Joined: Sun Jul 16, 2006 10:51 am
Location: southern end of Adelaide - home of hills, fixies and drop bears

Postby tuco » Sat Jan 13, 2007 6:00 pm

Mulger bill wrote:Aren't roadies allowed to wear hydration packs? That would've been bloody hard work.


It's all relative. I've been living in these conditions for 20 years so I'm well and truly used to it.

I couldn't imagine what it's like to ride in temperatures under 15 degrees.

We can wear hydration packs.

No 'picking on' taken, sometimes I'd rather be sitting under the air con watching DVDs.
User avatar
tuco
 
Posts: 2016
Joined: Wed Oct 11, 2006 3:36 pm

Postby Mulger bill » Sat Jan 13, 2007 6:27 pm

Can I stack some Red Bull Ride and Kranked DVDs next to that player too? :D

I'll put up with the rotten taste of camelback water on big rides just so there is water getting in, a 600ml bottle lasts about 35 minutes, well it did this morning.
User avatar
Mulger bill
Super Mod
Super Mod
 
Posts: 25548
Joined: Sun Sep 24, 2006 2:41 pm
Location: Sunbury Vic

Postby mikesbytes » Sat Jan 13, 2007 9:11 pm

I've commuted in 2deg once last winter, but the coldest rides where 6deg training.

TUCO, you will have to get the team car to hand you bottles.
A helmet saved my life
User avatar
mikesbytes
Super Mod
Super Mod
 
Posts: 14719
Joined: Thu Dec 01, 2005 10:42 pm
Location: Tempe, Sydney

Postby timbo » Mon Jan 15, 2007 12:36 pm

With regards to the rotten taste of camelbak water, or the taste of plastic with a new water bottle, I always put a small amount of Gatorade or a similar sports drink powder in with the water and this removes the plastic taste not only for one ride but for rides to come.
timbo
Moderator
Moderator
 
Posts: 906
Joined: Mon Dec 12, 2005 4:42 pm
Location: sydney

Postby tuco » Mon Jan 15, 2007 1:46 pm

mikesbytes wrote:I've commuted in 2deg once last winter, but the coldest rides where 6deg training.

TUCO, you will have to get the team car to hand you bottles.


T-t-t-t-t-t-t-t-t-two degrees!?!?! I used to jog in zero in Shepparton but jogging has less wind chill than riding.

I suppose you just have to dress for it.
User avatar
tuco
 
Posts: 2016
Joined: Wed Oct 11, 2006 3:36 pm

Postby europa » Mon Jan 15, 2007 2:53 pm

tuco wrote:I suppose you just have to dress for it.


That wouldn't help, the wind would blow up under your dress :shock:

Richard
User avatar
europa
 
Posts: 7327
Joined: Sun Jul 16, 2006 10:51 am
Location: southern end of Adelaide - home of hills, fixies and drop bears

Postby mikesbytes » Mon Jan 15, 2007 3:46 pm

tuco wrote:
mikesbytes wrote:I've commuted in 2deg once last winter, but the coldest rides where 6deg training.

TUCO, you will have to get the team car to hand you bottles.


T-t-t-t-t-t-t-t-t-two degrees!?!?! I used to jog in zero in Shepparton but jogging has less wind chill than riding.

I suppose you just have to dress for it.


I was only in 2deg for 30 minutes and therefor didn't have enough time for the cold to penetrate too much. 6deg * 2 hours is much worst.
A helmet saved my life
User avatar
mikesbytes
Super Mod
Super Mod
 
Posts: 14719
Joined: Thu Dec 01, 2005 10:42 pm
Location: Tempe, Sydney

Postby tuco » Mon Jan 15, 2007 7:39 pm

mikesbytes wrote:
tuco wrote:
mikesbytes wrote:I've commuted in 2deg once last winter, but the coldest rides where 6deg training.

TUCO, you will have to get the team car to hand you bottles.


T-t-t-t-t-t-t-t-t-two degrees!?!?! I used to jog in zero in Shepparton but jogging has less wind chill than riding.

I suppose you just have to dress for it.


I was only in 2deg for 30 minutes and therefor didn't have enough time for the cold to penetrate too much. 6deg * 2 hours is much worst.


But still it WAS 2 degrees but then you're posting with someone who only owns 1 pair of long pants and only just bought a jacket last year after not wearing one for 18 years.
User avatar
tuco
 
Posts: 2016
Joined: Wed Oct 11, 2006 3:36 pm

Postby mikesbytes » Mon Jan 15, 2007 9:08 pm

So far I've survived summer. I would of thought I'd drop like a fly out training in summer.
A helmet saved my life
User avatar
mikesbytes
Super Mod
Super Mod
 
Posts: 14719
Joined: Thu Dec 01, 2005 10:42 pm
Location: Tempe, Sydney


Return to General discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users



Popular Bike Shops
Torpedo 7 Torpedo7 AU
Ground Effect Ground Effect NZ
Chain Reaction Cycles CRC UK
Wiggle Wiggle UK
Ebay Ebay AU



InTouch with BNA
“Bicycles BNA Twitter
“Bicycles BNA Facebook
“Google+ BNA Google+
“Bicycles BNA Newsletter