Bicycle NSW Membership

peter

Bicycle NSW Membership

Postby peter » Mon Oct 30, 2017 12:29 am

Is it advisable to become a member? For occasional commutes and weekend leisure rides? Would it cover organised events such as Gong Ride, Spring Cycle, etc.?

human909

Re: Bicycle NSW Membership

Postby human909 » Mon Oct 30, 2017 12:35 am

Your need to elaborate. What exactly are you wanting covered?

baabaa

Postby baabaa » Mon Oct 30, 2017 7:35 am

As it is a member organisation it will try to offer what members want, so I would be asking them directly any questions in regard to cover (insurance?).
Some people like to be part of membership groups and others don’t but BNSW seems to have a pretty broad base and maintains a few long-term members so I cant see much downside in joining and even better if you go the family membership.
Also think of joining your local BUG if you have one and Pedal Power in the ACT as an option to BNSW as both use the same insurance provider.

peter

Postby peter » Mon Oct 30, 2017 9:10 am

Thanks for your input, yeah it's mainly for insurance purpose, like injuries and stuff.

With warmer weather, I will probably commute on bike more frequently, double up as fitness beats going to the gym. :)

westab

Postby westab » Mon Oct 30, 2017 9:41 am

Peter,

I have been a member for a number of years (family membership) mainly for the insurance. Whilst I haven't needed to use it and usually ride alone simply for commuting so the benefits for things like BUGS, spring cycle and the like are not that helpful to me but to most others they are.

Other than the insurance the best part are the updates about what is going on with cycling initiatives in NSW & help in reporting of poor roads and "driver" behaviours.

I have had them follow up on police inaction once and this has helped.
Not fast, no style, but still get there.