Helmet with inbuilt F & R cameras

Ross

Helmet with inbuilt F & R cameras

Postby Ross » Sun Nov 12, 2017 9:01 pm

Much neater than having a square box GoPro stuck on your helmet plus if you are a MTBer you should be able to use with helmet lights.

Pretty exxy at $660 though

https://cyclevision.com.au/products/cyclevision-helmet

Nate

Re: Helmet with inbuilt F & R cameras

Postby Nate » Mon Nov 13, 2017 1:11 pm

cost of compliance would be significant, as would getting a supplier on board & QA/QC

would be worth it when costs come down a bit.

I use a $150 helmet, 2 x $100 mobius cameras... $350 already, not too far away.

biker jk

Postby biker jk » Mon Nov 13, 2017 1:39 pm

I have a few concerns. First, whether cars are captured when you're in the drops or on the bars given the different angles. Second, the weight of 420 grams will be noticeable.

MichaelB

Postby MichaelB » Mon Nov 13, 2017 3:03 pm

At first I thought "That's a bit naff", and whilst there is a dearth of info on the site, it seems like a pretty neat package.

I'd be impressed if it does pass the standards, as they are pretty tough.

Yes, the 420g weight is more than ideal, but what does the similar hand-made setup weigh ? It may suit more the commuter than the full-on roadie. I probably wont be a buyer, but happy to try one out.

I've subscribed for now.

trailgumby

Postby trailgumby » Mon Nov 13, 2017 3:09 pm

biker jk wrote:I have a few concerns. First, whether cars are captured when you're in the drops or on the bars given the different angles. Second, the weight of 420 grams will be noticeable.
Yea, weight is an issue for me - one of the reasons I moved the Coros review helmet on as quickly as possible. After potentially partially slipping a disc in my neck on an unexpected trail pothole in Rotorua year before last, lighter is better especially on the roadie.

Scott_C

Postby Scott_C » Mon Nov 13, 2017 3:29 pm

Given that helmets are meant to be disposable following any significant impact I'd be very cautious about putting that amount of money down on a helmet when they specifically note in their FAQ that the electronics can't be recovered and put in a new shell.