New Fly6 CE and Fly12 CE Camera's

AUbicycles
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: New Fly6 CE and Fly12 CE Camera's

Postby AUbicycles » Mon Nov 05, 2018 7:19 pm

When you are running your tyres at 200psi, that won't help.

But seriously - I have been fairly happy with the standard mount and stability. An alternative could be mount that attaches to the saddle rails and gives you a 'go pro' style mount. With a Garmin style adapter it would be a solution... however I think space may be an issue because it won't be able to angle up... then if you add an extender, it is yet another bit where flex is introduced and you may introduce wobble.

queequeg

Postby queequeg » Tue Nov 06, 2018 12:36 am

You can get a seatpost mount that will work nicely with the 1/8 turn go-pro adapter you can get from Cycliq, so that is what I am in the process of doing.

The best bit about my VIRB was the cradle mount, which meant the camera could snap on and off in 1 second, but was firmly held in place. That was a saddle rail mount. The shape of the Fly6 means this won’t work, but the seatpost mount is perfect. If it works, I’ll do a second mount on my other bike so I can easily move the camera between bikes.

The velcro mount makes the camera jitter. It doesn’t move around the post, but it bounces enough to make the video footage unusable.
'11 Lynskey Cooper CX, '00 Hillbrick Steel Racing (Total Rebuild '10), '15 Cervelo S5

jaseyjase

Postby jaseyjase » Thu Nov 08, 2018 5:24 pm

jasonc wrote: Btw - can I have a copy of your 3d printer file for the fly6ce mount please?

i used the one

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1892108