Dangerous overtake, Bogong High Plains Road at Fainter Falls

duncan16v

Dangerous overtake, Bogong High Plains Road at Fainter Falls

Postby duncan16v » Wed Jan 03, 2018 11:33 am

Hi y'all

I'm hoping a cyclist has footage of the Semi with a tank and orange backhoe on the trailer that was ascending the Bogong High Plains road at about 10:30-11:00 this morning (3 January). The driver overtook a cyclist downhill approaching the Fainter Falls bridge - a 90 degree left-hand bend on to a single lane bridge. The driver put both the cyclist at risk and my family as we'd just crossed the bridge heading down from Falls Creek, my 16 year old L-plate son at the wheel (who did well to avoid a massive smash). The incident was at about 10:45.

I'd like to get in touch with the driver's employer and have a quiet word about driving safely. We didn't get any details of the truck - we were fixated on not dying - hence the request.

Scott No Mates

Re: Dangerous overtake, Bogong High Plains Road at Fainter Falls

Postby Scott No Mates » Thu Jan 04, 2018 12:14 am

@duncan16v - You'd probably still find the truck up at Falls Creek. It is possibly working on the replacement of the Eagle Chair. Try contacting Falls Creek Lift Company (not FC Resort Management). The bridge at Fainters is quite narrow so vehicles stop and let oncoming traffic pass (generally).
I really should take up cycling!