Brissie to Bay 25km ride

fergy1987

Brissie to Bay 25km ride

Postby fergy1987 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:35 am

Hey everyone,

I was looking at doing the Brissie to Bay 25km ride this year and was wondering if anyone had done this circuit before?

My fitness levels are pretty poor at the moment and was wondering how hilly this ride actually is? - I had a look at the elevation map on the website and Seems the highest peaks are at 40m - although I don't really know how to translate that map into how hilly the ride actually is :P

For someone who isn't a expert cyclist and on a flat bar road bike, can anyone tell me if this route is pretty cruisey? I don't want to sign up and find out I'm pushing the bike up the hills half the time coz I suck :P

Cheers!

RobertL

Re: Brissie to Bay 25km ride

Postby RobertL » Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:49 am

I've done the 100km version, and just had a look at the 25km course map. It's not too hilly, and I think that you should be OK.

Most of the hills are along fairly main roads, which are designed for a lot of motor traffic. This means that they are gradual climbs, without any steep bits.

The steepest hills are right at the end, through South Brisbane. They are on more minor streets, so are steep but short. I saw lots of people walking up these hills, so if you have to walk, you won't be on your own.

Also - you have plenty of time to practice between now and then!