Canberra to Woden

harashv

Canberra to Woden

Postby harashv » Sat Jan 20, 2018 9:04 pm

Hi
I will be visiting Canberra soon, coming froM Sydney on the train. I am an average rider, not a racer at all. I am staying in Woden. I have looked and looked at the maps but cant work out which is the best way to get to Woden. it looks like i can ride around the lake and then cut through yarralumla but after that? Is the ride along Yarra Glen a separate bike track?? I like riding on a track, not on the side of the road. is anyone else familiar with this route and could describe for me the best route, thanks

jindydiver

Re: Canberra to Woden

Postby jindydiver » Sun Jan 21, 2018 8:37 am

G'day
from the train station head out around the lake to Yarralumla. Near the rowing sheds you will see a bike path headed up hill going south. It takes you towards the mint. After you get across Adelaide Ave (it is an overpass) you get on the bike path that parallels Yamba drive (Adelaide Ave). You have to turn right and cross Yamba Drive at the curruthers st overpass, then turn left and follow the path all the way into Woden town centre. You do not have to do much road riding at all (a bit in Yarralumla to get on and off the overpass)

Noviss

Postby Noviss » Sun Jan 21, 2018 6:51 pm

Yarra Glen is an on road cycle lane. If you take this to Deakin and then take an exit near the Deakin ovals you can then get onto one of the cycle paths which will take you to Woden. Alternatively, you could take the scenic route around the lake at Yarralumla as detailed above. If you visit:
http://files.transport.act.gov.au/cyclingmap/index.html
there is a more detailed map than google.

jindydiver

Postby jindydiver » Sun Jan 21, 2018 7:23 pm

Noviss wrote:Yarra Glen is an on road cycle lane.
There is a bike path that parallels the road between Yarralumla and Curtin. You do not have to ride on the roads at all except for the Kent st (Adelaide Ave) overpass

harashv

Postby harashv » Thu Jan 25, 2018 2:06 pm

thanks