Wilier Triestina Bikes - Behind the Brand

Ross

Wilier Triestina Bikes - Behind the Brand

Postby Ross » Thu Feb 08, 2018 8:00 am

Those of you that own a Wilier or who are just interested in the history behind the brand will like this article

https://stories.this link is broken/wilier-tries ... -the-brand

RobertL

Re: Wilier Triestina Bikes - Behind the Brand

Postby RobertL » Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:57 am

Ross wrote:Those of you that own a Wilier or who are just interested in the history behind the brand will like this article

https://stories.this link is broken/wilier-tries ... -the-brand
Hmm, the LBS whose shop rides I frequent sell Wiliers. I've been considering a CentoAir as my n+ 1. They seem to be a good all-round bike.

P!N20

Postby P!N20 » Thu Feb 08, 2018 10:09 am

Every time you read the word 'passion', have a drink.

g-boaf

Postby g-boaf » Thu Feb 08, 2018 11:03 am

They seem to be a good all round bike. Not enough for me to upgrade my own bikes.

I rode with someone who has one and it seemed to be a decent bike. But really they are all pretty good these days. It's the rider that makes the difference.

RobertL

Postby RobertL » Thu Feb 08, 2018 11:37 am

g-boaf wrote:...But really they are all pretty good these days...
From what I can tell, there's not even that much difference now between "aero" vs "lightweight". Aero bikes are getting lighter and lightweight bikes are getting more aero, and they are both meeting in the middle.

g-boaf

Postby g-boaf » Thu Feb 08, 2018 12:15 pm

RobertL wrote:
From what I can tell, there's not even that much difference now between "aero" vs "lightweight". Aero bikes are getting lighter and lightweight bikes are getting more aero, and they are both meeting in the middle.
I still suspect the really aero ones** are probably a cut above, but even your ordinary road bike can be cleaned up by tidy cable arrangement, aero bars with internal cables, etc. I run a TCR Advanced SL1 Giant from 2014 that has the aero bars (40cm) from the Propel of that time, a Pro Vibe 7S stem and SRAM Red E-Tap, the wheels are Xentis 2.5SL and 26C S-Works Turbo tyres. Not aero by any means, but it's very fast. Could also be my position on the bike too. And a bonus, it's very comfortable for long distance riding.

**Thinking of the Venge VIAS or some of those types. I've never ridden one though.

RobertL

Postby RobertL » Thu Feb 08, 2018 12:25 pm

g-boaf wrote:
RobertL wrote:
I still suspect the really aero ones** are probably a cut above, but even your ordinary road bike can be cleaned up by tidy cable arrangement, aero bars with internal cables, etc. I run a TCR Advanced SL1 Giant from 2014 that has the aero bars (40cm) from the Propel of that time, a Pro Vibe 7S stem and SRAM Red E-Tap, the wheels are Xentis 2.5SL and 26C S-Works Turbo tyres. Not aero by any means, but it's very fast. Could also be my position on the bike too. And a bonus, it's very comfortable for long distance riding.

**Thinking of the Venge VIAS or some of those types. I've never ridden one though.
Nice.

Of course, any of these bikes would be faster in any situation than I need. I would be the "weak link" on any of them. I climb like a sprinter and sprint like a climber. I'd still like a really nice bike, though :)

g-boaf

Postby g-boaf » Thu Feb 08, 2018 12:36 pm

RobertL wrote: I'd still like a really nice bike, though :)
I reckon if you want one, go and get it and enjoy it. If I had the spare dollars I'd be on a Heroïn HR or a Factor One. Even the top end Canyons are pretty nice. To heck with what the naysayers reckon.