1x for Road Bikes - is it real?

Mike Ayling

Re: 1x for Road Bikes - is it real?

Postby Mike Ayling » Thu Jun 21, 2018 12:36 pm

RonK wrote:
Mike Ayling wrote:On CycleBlaze at the moment there are a number of journals from old timers who are riding e-bikes.
Gunton at Crazyguy still won't have a bar of e-bike journals on his main site and has a subsidiary ghetto area for such journals but the numbers are increasing.

CycleBlaze only exists because Gunton pissed off some of his main contributors.

I would hardly classify myself as a major contributor but I have also moved across.

BTW I saw one of your journals there, Ron.

Mike

RonK

Postby RonK » Thu Jun 21, 2018 3:27 pm

Mike Ayling wrote:
RonK wrote:
Mike Ayling wrote:On CycleBlaze at the moment there are a number of journals from old timers who are riding e-bikes.
Gunton at Crazyguy still won't have a bar of e-bike journals on his main site and has a subsidiary ghetto area for such journals but the numbers are increasing.

CycleBlaze only exists because Gunton pissed off some of his main contributors.

I would hardly classify myself as a major contributor but I have also moved across.

BTW I saw one of your journals there, Ron.

People like Jeff and Kristen Arnim, Karen Cook, Leo Woodland were all once prolific contributors to CGOAB.

I have read yours Mike. I have all of mine over there now too. I deleted them for CGOAB several years ago when Gunton got nasty.
Cycle touring blog and tour journals: whispering wheels...

kenwstr

Postby kenwstr » Tue Jun 26, 2018 8:15 pm

When I 1st got my current roadie, the chain dropped quite often, even after a service. Eventually I realised the front mech wasn't adjusted right so I had a go myself and found it impossible to adjust correctly. Exasperated, I took the chain off and disconnected the cable. Then loosened the clamp, trimmed the clamp up square on the down tube and adjusted it's position to gain the manufacturers stated clearances and alignment with the chain rings. Tightened up the clap, rechecked clearance and alignment. Installed chain, adjusted stops to correct clearances, installed and adjusted cable. Chain has not dropped in the 2 or 3 years since. Think there's something in that maybe........
Ken