bike shop with great service. recommendations

Apple

bike shop with great service. recommendations

Postby Apple » Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:35 pm

Does anyone know or feel they can recommend a good honest bike shop that will clean, service and replace the chain when required. I live in the lower north shore Sydney. but I am happy to travel an honest truthful service.
A successful man is one who makes more money than his wife can spend. A successful woman is one who can find such a man.
Speak your mind,Those that mind dont matter, Those that matter dont mind!!

g-boaf

Re: bike shop with great service. recommendations

Postby g-boaf » Thu Feb 15, 2018 1:12 pm

Apple wrote:Does anyone know or feel they can recommend a good honest bike shop that will clean, service and replace the chain when required. I live in the lower north shore Sydney. but I am happy to travel an honest truthful service.
The two I go to most are Clarence Street Cyclery and Jet Cycles, both in Clarence Street Sydney not far from Wynyard Station.

Otherwise, you could look on Youtube and pick up these skills yourself.

Derny Driver

Postby Derny Driver » Thu Feb 15, 2018 1:27 pm

Have a look at Cicli Spirito St Leonards.
Ben is a good guy.
Google it

Apple

Postby Apple » Thu Feb 15, 2018 2:02 pm

thank you. I will
A successful man is one who makes more money than his wife can spend. A successful woman is one who can find such a man.

Apple

Postby Apple » Thu Feb 15, 2018 2:04 pm

g-boaf wrote: The two I go to most are Clarence Street Cyclery and Jet Cycles, both in Clarence Street Sydney not far from Wynyard Station.

Otherwise, you could look on Youtube and pick up these skills yourself.
thanks, I do most by myself but I am not going to change the chain and take off the hub. that's not for me :D I am happy to wash the dishes, clean the house wash the dog, cook and work. but when it comes to deep physiology of bike maintenance
. No

Zippy7

Postby Zippy7 » Sat Feb 17, 2018 9:44 pm

Cyclery Northside (Specialized at Chatswood) do an assessment of your bike when you take it in.
They'll tell you upfront what they think needs to be done and give you an estimate of cost at the time.
Just book ahead.

edit: Would like to add that I've not had a particularly great service from Jet in the past. Also, Atlassian previously had a corporate bike deal with them, but took it away and moved it to Giant Sydney (due to lots of bad feedback regarding Jet).
I've heard mixed feedback of servicing at Giant Sydney (good and bad, so maybe 1 good mechanic and 1 not so great?).
Successful trades : Rheicel, Je, wgc138, 2ndeffort, celeste boy, rodneycc