Cycling Deal delivery via Fastway Courier

twowheels

Cycling Deal delivery via Fastway Courier

Postby twowheels » Thu Mar 15, 2018 7:45 pm

My most recent email to Cycling Deal re a delivery from Melbourne to Perth via Fastway Courier.

Fastway Courier performance is really poor. Where they have to deliver to is only 6km north of Perth CBD.
On 13/3 a message on the tracking says Your parcel is at the 'Perth' depot ready for delivery in the next available cycle.
On 14/3 a message on the tracking says Your parcel is at the 'Perth' depot ready for delivery in the next available cycle.
On 15/3 a message on the tracking says Your parcel is at the 'Perth' depot ready for delivery in the next available cycle.
When is the next cycle likely to occur? Is this lunar cycle? Menstrual cycle? Penny farthing cycle?
It only took Shane Crawford 22 days to ride from Melbourne to Perth. It was despatched by yourselves on Monday 26 February. If I don't get the parcel tomorrow, 16 March, I guess it won't arrive until Monday 19 March that will be 22 days! I'll prepare flags and bunting for the courier in anticipation of them completing their marathon effort, should that be effitt?
Thanks?
http://www.news.com.au/national/western ... eb52a5c1d9

bianchi928

Re: Cycling Deal delivery via Fastway Courier

Postby bianchi928 » Fri Mar 16, 2018 1:41 pm

Took me nearly 3 weeks to get some knicks to Perth from Cycling deal (arrived last week). Unlikely to use again if I don't have too.
Stand on my dog I cut off your head

ldrcycles

Postby ldrcycles » Fri Mar 16, 2018 3:12 pm

I've never had any issues with Fastway (or Cycling Deal for that matter) on the east coast.
"I must be rather keen on cycling"- Sir Hubert Opperman.

Road Record Association of Australia

10speedsemiracer

Postby 10speedsemiracer » Fri Mar 16, 2018 5:49 pm

Have also never had an issue with Cycling Deal, sorry to hear of yours, but enjoyed the email transcript..
Campagnolo for show, SunTour for go

twowheels

Postby twowheels » Fri Mar 16, 2018 8:11 pm

I've ordered from Cycling Deal before with no problem from memory. On this occasion I don't believe they are the issue, problem is the choice of courier.

eeksll

Postby eeksll » Fri Mar 16, 2018 9:10 pm

likewise, both a mate and I have had good experience with cycling deal, fast shipping too. Would have absolutely no issues ordering from them again, I usually look at what they have first given they have free shipping for a low low price.

ironhanglider

Postby ironhanglider » Sat Mar 17, 2018 12:06 am

I'm another with no problems with Cycling Deal, but I'm not a fan of Fastway.

I've had a couple of issues where they attempted to deliver to my home, only to leave a card. They could arrange another attempt to my home, but couldn't give even the slightest indication of when, so I'd have to take a whole day off, they wouldn't accept an alternate address, wouldn't leave it even with authority to do so. Once when I was home all day, I found the card in the door with no knock or ring of the doorbell. Another time I caught the driver in the act attempting to do the same thing.

The only solution was to wait until it had returned to the depot, and go there and get it myself. I did manage to get one company to use another courier because I said I would no longer purchase from them if they continued to use Fastway.

I find the 'Click and Collect' system much more convenient.

Cheers,

Cameron

twowheels

Postby twowheels » Tue Mar 20, 2018 8:21 am

Celebrations continued late into the evening. My package arrived yesterday, equalling the 22 days it took Shane Crawford to ride Melb to Perth.
Email has been inundated with requests to review the product and service. Heady times.
Last edited by twowheels on Tue Mar 20, 2018 6:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MichaelB

Postby MichaelB » Tue Mar 20, 2018 9:25 am

Whilst I've browsed the Cycling Deals & Velogear sites, there has never been anything that I consider worthwhile (quality) or desirable (too many random items) and seems more like a disposal warehouse.

That's not to say there aren't bargains, it's just that most of it appears to be chinese sourced cheap stuff at marked up prices with the odd seemingly good brand

Trevtassie

Postby Trevtassie » Tue Mar 20, 2018 9:35 am

MichaelB wrote:Whilst I've browsed the Cycling Deals & Velogear sites, there has never been anything that I consider worthwhile (quality) or desirable (too many random items) and seems more like a disposal warehouse.

That's not to say there aren't bargains, it's just that most of it appears to be chinese sourced cheap stuff at marked up prices with the odd seemingly good brand
Exactly, Velogear stock a whole bunch of junk, but then are the cheapest for Ortlieb if you wait for one of their 10, 17, 20% off sales (I'm factoring in exchange rates and freight here). I looked everywhere around the world,not even Germany could beat them. Even cheaper if you get their $10 off coupon for signing up. A friend got a pair of Back Roller Classics for $149 delivered....