Routes to cycle from Perth CBD

ColinOldnCranky

Routes to cycle from Perth CBD

Postby ColinOldnCranky » Sun Apr 01, 2018 12:11 am

In the past I rode from home in Bateman to Perth along Kwinana Freeway PSP for my regular hit of caffeine.

I have now moved to an apartment in East Perth so my regular ride along the Freeway is not so attactive. I am looking for somethign to replace it. I like to have a bit of company passing me by as well as some activity along the route.

I'm open for suggestions for a regular route ride or two, from 15 to 20kms? Bear in mind I am riding a unicycle so smooth roads and paths are what I am after. And it can be a circuit or to a destination as long as I can return on public transport (bus or train).

On occasion I would detour through South Perth and across the Causeway and, very occasionally, I would continue past Burswood and over Windan Birdge. Once in a blue moon I would ride from Bateman to Rockingham via Medina. Any suggestions for occasional rides further afield?
Unchain yourself-Ride a unicycle

twowheels

Re: Routes to cycle from Perth CBD

Postby twowheels » Mon Apr 02, 2018 3:57 pm

G'day, living in East Perth I think you will have heaps of options, train and river routes the obvious starters. Watch for tiger snakes around river from Maylands through to Midland.
I bought a UBD Perth City Streets Map 662 6th edition wall map, has all streets north to Nollamara, south to North Lake, other side covers wider area at less detail. I still find it easier to visualise using a single map than turning pages or scrolling. Found the best price/availability from Book Depository https://www.bookdepository.com/Perth-City-Streets-Suburbs-Map-662-6th-UBD-Gregorys/9780731930395?ref=grid-view&qid=1522648163438&sr=1-1

Just found Boffins has it on special and in 2 stock https://www.boffinsbooks.com.au/books/9780731930395/perth-city-streets-suburbs-map-662-6th

owly

Postby owly » Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:04 am

This time of year, heading along the path to Guildford and around is pretty nice. Or you can cross the river and head north on the east side along the paths in the parks. A few coffee stops along the way.

I enjoy mixing it up, exploring the gravel sections.
MUFC :twisted:

NASHIE

Postby NASHIE » Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:27 am

PSP from East Perth following the river around the Maylands Peninsula. Think there may be coffee/tea house near the old boat sheds. Can return or head north to midland PSP for return. Garvey park also has a coffee shop, and as others suggest Guildford would be a 20k round rip.