Repco Superlite BB Size.

JCAD

Repco Superlite BB Size.

Postby JCAD » Thu Apr 19, 2018 4:00 pm

Hi All,

Just wondering if anyone knows the size of the Repco Superlite Bottom Bracket?

Cheers,
Cad

10speedsemiracer

Re: Repco Superlite BB Size.

Postby 10speedsemiracer » Thu Apr 19, 2018 4:59 pm

JCAD wrote:Hi All,

Cheers,
Cad
68mm shell.

The spindle size will be determined by the crankset you use. If you have a double Exage BioPace, I think it's 68x115mm. I think.
That's if we're talking about the late 80s models and you're fitting a cartridge. I don't know when they went from cup/cone to cartridge but thinking about 85-86 (?)
Campagnolo for show, SunTour for go

westab

Re: Repco Superlite BB Size.

Postby westab » Thu Apr 19, 2018 5:17 pm

10speedsemiracer wrote:
JCAD wrote:Hi All,

Cheers,
Cad
68mm shell.

The spindle size will be determined by the crankset you use. If you have a double Exage BioPace, I think it's 68x115mm. I think.
That's if we're talking about the late 80s models and you're fitting a cartridge. I don't know when they went from cup/cone to cartridge but thinking about 85-86 (?)
I have a 1991 model Repco Superlite and original equipment was still cup and cone - I changed to cartridge bottom bracket in 2007 as the pitting got too bad to continue to use the old cup and cone (at the time I estimated the old girl had done approx 150,000 kms and had the bottom bracket repacked and cleaned every 6 months). I am still using the double exage Biopace crankset and if I get a chance I'll check tonight after riding the old girl home the lengths of the bottom bracket.
Not fast, no style, but still get there.