advice for beginer ?

hectorgg

advice for beginer ?

Postby hectorgg » Tue May 01, 2018 9:50 pm

Hi there,

I am a bit of a novice at cycling but what to get better for triathlons. I've got a bit of road cycling experience from previous tris and training by my self but I dropped off in the last half a year. I'm wanting to get back into it an join a cycling group but first I thought I better do some solo training and get my fitness back. Can anyone recommend a beginner cycling circuit or some sort of flat road in Perth I can just ride along and not worry too much about traffic etc? I live in Subi but happy to drive a bit to get to a better riding sport.

Any advice would be much appreciated!

NASHIE

Re: advice for beginer ?

Postby NASHIE » Tue May 01, 2018 10:34 pm

Kwinana PSP would be your best bet for traffic free training. You can also drive out to Herne hill/Millendon which has a good network of roads loops which is well used for motor pace training etc. Once you get some fitness extend ride to climb Camersic road and then Weir road :wink:

nickobec

Postby nickobec » Tue May 01, 2018 11:45 pm

Kwinana Freeway PSP, relatively flat and 99.98% of time motor vehicle traffic free,
80km from Perth CBD to South Yunderup
cross one road 12km in, 300 metres along a very quiet street, after that 2 well marked turns in next 8km, then 60km (one well marked turn about 60km or more in)
once you clear Murdoch rarely see pedestrians
seriously good for training
bail points aka train stations to get you home if too tired, Kwinana Station is the last easy to get to (but Wellard, Warnbro and Mandurah are only a few ks from the PSP).

Easy to get too, PSP from Subiaco to West Perth, shared path along George St, 3 sets of lights, gets you to Parliament and ride.

Lan Wing

Postby Lan Wing » Thu May 03, 2018 8:30 pm

Hi Hectorgg,
I'm in Subi too. Wembley actually - the Subi pov pack.
I ride the path by the rail line to Fremantle, around/through Freo, then back up the Kwinana PSP. 50km round trip. Not much in the way of hills, but a few small workouts. There are a few bits of road work, but mostly reasonably safe. If you're not sure where to go, look me up on Strava and you'll find my route.