Strava Ads

Arbuckle23

Strava Ads

Postby Arbuckle23 » Wed Jun 20, 2018 7:29 am

Latest update to the Strava app sees ads at the bottom of Wahoo Element users and Zwift users rides.
I am a Premium user and a a bit annoyed at this. If I was a free user I wouldn't mind, but I pay for it so expect no ads.
Am I being a little precious ?

Jmuzz

Re: Strava Ads

Postby Jmuzz » Wed Jun 20, 2018 10:48 am

Ads on Premium users is crazy.
Perhaps it is just a bug in the new changes which is showing ads to Premium?

hamishm

Postby hamishm » Wed Jun 20, 2018 11:21 am

If you pay for the newspaper it's still full of ads. If you pay for Foxtel it's still full of ads. I don't like it either but that's life.

Evey year when I pay for Strava Premium I wonder why I bother. The suffer score (or it's new politically correct name) is about the only thing I like about it.

PA

Postby PA » Wed Jun 20, 2018 11:56 am

My free version on my iPhone has no adverts? #winning :)
Mouse magnet

g-boaf

Postby g-boaf » Wed Jun 20, 2018 1:35 pm

Arbuckle23 wrote:Latest update to the Strava app sees ads at the bottom of Wahoo Element users and Zwift users rides.
I am a Premium user and a a bit annoyed at this. If I was a free user I wouldn't mind, but I pay for it so expect no ads.

Solution is to ditch your account. If enough people leave the service then they'll notice.

Mugglechops

Postby Mugglechops » Wed Jun 20, 2018 1:39 pm

g-boaf wrote:
Arbuckle23 wrote:Latest update to the Strava app sees ads at the bottom of Wahoo Element users and Zwift users rides.

Solution is to ditch your account. If enough people leave the service then they'll notice.
I did that 6 months ago. Roll on the movement of not caring how far or how long you have ridden for :D

fergy1987

Postby fergy1987 » Wed Jun 20, 2018 3:26 pm

I always look at getting Premium Strava and then I just think......is it really that fun to sit there and analyse every bit of your ride......and I stick with free

Lukeyboy

Postby Lukeyboy » Thu Jun 21, 2018 2:00 pm

g-boaf wrote:

That's what happened in Brisbane with the toll tunnels. They increased the price and made about $25k more than what they were achieving with more cars and cheaper tolls.