Cycling route from Ermington to Macquarie Park

Richard Ngala

Cycling route from Ermington to Macquarie Park

Postby Richard Ngala » Wed Jun 20, 2018 11:07 pm

Hi could someone kindly show me the quickest way to cycle from Ermington to Macquarie park or is there a cycle path from Ermington cycle path?If there is someone who rides this way to and from I wouldn’t mind riding along

tez001

Re: Cycling route from Ermington to Macquarie Park

Postby tez001 » Thu Jun 21, 2018 8:44 am

From Ermington, there is no single cycle path that will take you to Macquarie Park, especially the area between Meadowbank and Ryde, so that will be on road.

You could go Parramatta cycle path to Meadowbank wharf, See st, Bowden st, Meville st (hill), North Rd, Heath st and then on to the Shrimpton Creek path which takes you to Macquarie Centre.

Depending on how much on road riding you want to do or how confident you are with on road riding most of the way, you could also go through West Ryde, Eastwood and through to Vimera rd which will take you to the back of Macquarie Park at the uni

find_bruce

Postby find_bruce » Thu Jun 21, 2018 10:02 am

Yep there are not many cross streets through Denistone other than Victoria Rd & Tez has pretty much covered the options. I use Vimera Rd if I am going to Bobbo or Shrimptons Creek if I am gong to Lane Cove. I use Anzac Ave rather than Melville St but that's because I need more steep hills
Anything you can do, I can do slower

stevecassidy

Postby stevecassidy » Fri Jun 22, 2018 11:53 am

So I'm in Telopea and ride up to Eastwood and on to Macquarie Uni via Vimera Road. I'd suggest looking at the route towards Dundas to Eastwood, eg up Spurway, Bartlett, Kissing Point Road, Fremont Ave and then work your way up to Marsden Road. From the corder of Marsden and Stewart Street I'd go on the footpath up to Lawson St then trough Eastwood to Vimera road on the other side of the railway.

Finding a route you like might depend on where you want to do the climb or whether you want a longer ride with a less steep climb or just hit it hard (Shaftsbury Road).

Steve
Where's your next race? cabici.net lists bike races in Sydney