Heart rate

amberteresa

Heart rate

Postby amberteresa » Wed Aug 01, 2018 4:05 am

I've seen a few times in different posts about how people try to remain at certain heart rates and something about how this helps you do certain things, such as burning fat. I'm just interested to know the science behind this. why does you body do things such as burn fat better at certain heart rates and not others? wouldn't it be different for every person, considering all the different body sizes and shapes?
https://sextoyuytin.com/
Last edited by amberteresa on Sat May 11, 2019 1:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MattyK

Re: Heart rate

Postby MattyK » Wed Aug 01, 2018 9:17 am

The science behind it would take you a university degree of education to understand fully. But essentially, the harder you work out (and the higher your heart rate), the more glucose you need to metabolise. Working out gently (low HR) uses (relatively, not absolutely) more fat as a metabolic fuel.

Plenty to read on the googles.

human909

Postby human909 » Wed Aug 01, 2018 9:30 am

MattyK wrote:The science behind it would take you a university degree of education to understand fully. But essentially, the harder you work out (and the higher your heart rate), the more glucose you need to metabolise. Working out gently (low HR) uses (relatively, not absolutely) more fat as a metabolic fuel.

Plenty to read on the googles.
Yes. A good bet is google. Even better is google scholar.

Without having done the reading myself and with little specific knowledge it makes sense. Intensive exercise need energy NOW, your body doesn't have as much time to process fat and will use every gram readily available energy it has access to until you 'bonk'. (The cycling term for running out of readily available energy.) Burning fat is closer to a day to day, week to week calorie deficit scenario rather than a intensive burst exercise thing.

(Again I haven't really looked into this. So feel free to treat my comments as garbage and use google scholar to prove it!)

Jmuzz

Postby Jmuzz » Wed Aug 01, 2018 5:23 pm

It is all very sciency. But a simple way to look at it is that you can only convert fat at a limited speed, exercising at a rate faster than that only makes you feel pain and exhaustion without burning fat any faster so you might be torturing yourself for nothing (if goal is weight loss).

Higher effort does still improve cardio and muscle strength and stuff though. So there are different goals and 100 different ideas on what is best.