Angry Cyclist ...

silentC

Angry Cyclist ...

Postby silentC » Mon Aug 13, 2018 12:01 pm

... is the new album and latest single from The Proclaimers!

Turns out it's about Donald Trump and Brexit... Oh well I'm sure the title will boost sales in certain demographics...
"If your next bike does not have disc brakes, the bike after that certainly will"
- Me

P!N20

Re: Angry Cyclist ...

Postby P!N20 » Mon Aug 13, 2018 12:09 pm

^ Perhaps they walked 1000 miles in the bike lane.

PA

Postby PA » Mon Aug 13, 2018 12:10 pm

Does that sprocket look a bit worn?
Mouse magnet

silentC

Postby silentC » Mon Aug 13, 2018 12:33 pm

Yes and the lads are a bit worse for wear too. :)
"If your next bike does not have disc brakes, the bike after that certainly will"
- Me

Scintilla

Postby Scintilla » Mon Aug 13, 2018 12:42 pm

They don't even know how to draw a double chainset :shock:

silentC

Postby silentC » Mon Aug 13, 2018 1:09 pm

Ha ha yeah that is pretty bad. Someone grabbed a bit of clip art and resized it to make the small ring, didn't even bother centring. Bit sloppy, hope they got an earful when it came back from the printers!
- Me

Scintilla

Postby Scintilla » Mon Aug 13, 2018 1:56 pm

I'll take the graphic artist's fee, thanks :P

Duck!
Expert

Postby Duck! » Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:01 pm

silentC wrote:Ha ha yeah that is pretty bad. Someone grabbed a bit of clip art and resized it to make the small ring, didn't even bother centring. Bit sloppy, hope they got an earful when it came back from the printers!
Not to mention the different tooth pitches. That'll never mesh.
I had a thought, but it got run over as it crossed my mind.

AUbicycles
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby AUbicycles » Wed Aug 15, 2018 3:09 am

@scintilla... maybe, but maybe not, you missed crucial bits on the chainring in the selection...

If you can’t create a factually correct representation, how can you expect any artist to remain factually accurate in their songs?
Cycling is in my BNA

Scintilla

Postby Scintilla » Wed Aug 15, 2018 6:02 pm

AUbicycles wrote:@scintilla... maybe, but maybe not, you missed crucial bits on the chainring in the selection...
Shadow discrepancies in my basic photo-editing (I make no claim to being an actual graphic artist) :P
AUbicycles wrote:If you can’t create a factually correct representation, how can you expect any artist to remain factually accurate in their songs?
Indeed. Indeed. My point exactly. I do not even try to write or perform songs, but some people choose to pay for them..... IF they are any good! Wonder how come this artist chose to pay for crap graphics :?: :roll:

Trevtassie

Postby Trevtassie » Wed Aug 15, 2018 6:37 pm

I wonder if they came out with the album because they are angry cyclists. "We haven't had a hit in years and we're outta dosh, I'm sick of riding this (AT)#$% bike, lets cash in with a new album"

10speedsemiracer

Postby 10speedsemiracer » Wed Aug 15, 2018 6:47 pm

Duck! wrote:
silentC wrote:Ha ha yeah that is pretty bad. Someone grabbed a bit of clip art and resized it to make the small ring, didn't even bother centring. Bit sloppy, hope they got an earful when it came back from the printers!
Not to mention the different tooth pitches. That'll never mesh.
Actually is a fair representation of the album's expected performance of the album....

It won't shift either.
Campagnolo for show, SunTour for go

Philistine

Postby Philistine » Thu Aug 16, 2018 10:14 am

silentC wrote:
Turns out it's about Donald Trump and Brexit...
If I had to hazard a guess, I'd say they are against both. They would not be the first performers to fasten on to a few fashionable left wing causes, and preach to their audiences about them (Bono anyone?). Their intellectually challenged supporters are so impressed with the way they stick it to "the man", they fail to notice the lack of artistic talent on display..

RetroPilot

Postby RetroPilot » Sat Aug 25, 2018 10:05 am

Philistine wrote:
silentC wrote:
Turns out it's about Donald Trump and Brexit...
If I had to hazard a guess, I'd say they are against both. They would not be the first performers to fasten on to a few fashionable left wing causes, and preach to their audiences about them (Bono anyone?). Their intellectually challenged supporters are so impressed with the way they stick it to "the man", they fail to notice the lack of artistic talent on display..
yeah...Bono is pretty clueless. We all need to give just 3?% was it GDP to Africa and thus solve their problems, and other brilliant plans conceived through orange-tinted sunglasses..
Clooney used to kill me, too (if Clooney counts as a performer) ...he would rail against America's war-mongering with the rest of the Hollywood hips.....then demand , close to tears, that the POTUS intervene in Sudan.What did he think that 'intervention' mostly consists of? To do anything , it mostly comes down to shooting/bombing alleged bad people and some spillage with alleged innocent civilian bystanders.... If they had have, of course...he'd have been back to moaning about the Team America war murder-death-kill, probably want all the US military tried as war criminals..should have done what Madonna and that Jolie nutbag do...just keep adoption-abducting Third World children.