Questions regarding bike hire/day ride in Germany (Bonn area)

feelthewheel

Questions regarding bike hire/day ride in Germany (Bonn area)

Postby feelthewheel » Thu Sep 06, 2018 8:34 am

Hello fellow/fellowette forumites

Normally I live in the 'retro' forum, however this is a more general question that I'm hoping someone can help with.

In two weeks time (for a work/study visit) I'll be visting Bonn, Germany, for a few days and unexpectedly now have one day to spare as a tourist. Apparently the area has plenty of nice rides, especially in the nearby Ahr Valley. As I only speak a little German and with oogle-translate being limited, does anyone have experience with:

- Having done this ride or similar in the area and can make recommendations?
- Been to Bonn?
- Hired a bike there and can recommend a store?
- Know someone there who might assist with cycling questions?

Thanks for any suggestions/help!

AUbicycles
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Questions regarding bike hire/day ride in Germany (Bonn area)

Postby AUbicycles » Sun Sep 09, 2018 7:14 pm

Din’t worry about language, most people in the area speak English well.

There will certainly be the cheap city bike for rent, usually short distances are fine and most have apos, you signup
And pay with credit card and the nice thing, you leave the bike at the end of the journey, no need to return.

Or, there are rental places, this this search term in google “fahrradverleih bonn”. The thing is, most if these will be city bikes as well, if you want a bike for touring / road racing, you may need a bit more research.

In the city, watch out for the road rile “right before left”. Unless you are on the main road, two ‘equal’ road gave this law and you slow and left traffic entering the intersection from the right to move first.

Happy to help with any specific questions, havn’t cycled in Bonn but speak the language and can help fill in the gaps.
Cycling is in my BNA