Travelling with a bike in Europe

Domenic

Travelling with a bike in Europe

Postby Domenic » Tue Sep 25, 2018 8:01 pm

I am thinking a a cycling holiday in Europe. I am taking my bike rather than renting. After the riding I would like to travel around for a few weeks but don't want to take the bike box with me. Does any one have any recommendations? Fly it home to Sydney unaccompanied? Courier it to my final destination then bring it home as oversize baggage?

AdelaidePeter

Re: Travelling with a bike in Europe

Postby AdelaidePeter » Wed Sep 26, 2018 9:30 am

Domenic wrote:I am thinking a a cycling holiday in Europe. I am taking my bike rather than renting. After the riding I would like to travel around for a few weeks but don't want to take the bike box with me. Does any one have any recommendations? Fly it home to Sydney unaccompanied? Courier it to my final destination then bring it home as oversize baggage?
[EDIT: Oops I now see I misread your question, and your problem is that you want to stop cycling at a different place to your fly-out place. So I've deleted my reply, which was about cardboard bike boxes, because it's off-topic.]

RonK

Re: Travelling with a bike in Europe

Postby RonK » Wed Sep 26, 2018 11:06 am

Finish your ride in Amsterdam and leave the bike in one of the secure bike parks while you finish your travels.
Cycle touring blog and tour journals: whispering wheels...