Share bikes and nice paths in Sydney?

birdwatcher

Share bikes and nice paths in Sydney?

Postby birdwatcher » Fri Nov 16, 2018 7:56 pm

Hi, I am going to be in Sydney for work in a week or two and would like to go for some early morning wanders. I don’t feel the need for speed and would be happy with a clunky share bike but news article I found indicates share bike companies are pulling out of Sydney? Suggestions?

also if I can find a bike that works, where should I go wandering? This is my first time in Sydney in 10 years (and that was a whirlwind trip so don’t remember much) and will be staying near Hyde Park. I don’t like riding on the road even in Brisbane so ideally bike paths...

AndrewCowley

Re: Share bikes and nice paths in Sydney?

Postby AndrewCowley » Sun Nov 18, 2018 5:01 pm

Whatever bike you end up on, you’ll need to get out of the city centre. It’s horrible. Ignore the maps that depict the city centre as being full of bike lanes. It is a cesspit. Would suggest going somewhere like Centennial Park where you can ride your bike properly.

g-boaf

Re: Share bikes and nice paths in Sydney?

Postby g-boaf » Sun Nov 18, 2018 8:35 pm

birdwatcher wrote:Hi, I am going to be in Sydney for work in a week or two and would like to go for some early morning wanders. I don’t feel the need for speed and would be happy with a clunky share bike but news article I found indicates share bike companies are pulling out of Sydney? Suggestions?

also if I can find a bike that works, where should I go wandering? This is my first time in Sydney in 10 years (and that was a whirlwind trip so don’t remember much) and will be staying near Hyde Park. I don’t like riding on the road even in Brisbane so ideally bike paths...
Go further west out to Sydney Olympic Park, then ride back through Merrylands and Guildford, then out to Prospect, and further to Fairfield, and if you want to go further still, go on the M7 cycleway down to Prestons, and then back to Bella Vista, then back.

The CBD is just hopeless for bike paths.