Croozer for 2 (bike trailer)

Emrusi

Croozer for 2 (bike trailer)

Postby Emrusi » Wed Nov 28, 2018 11:09 pm

Just wondering if anyone has modified there Croozer for 2 to have a handbrake? I don't want to upgrade to a more expensive brand of trailer as I already have the croozer but I would like a handbrake so I can use it to go rollerblading as option instead of cycling and walking. I've searched all over the internet but can't find anything about handbrake modifications.... :roll:

Cardy George

Re: Croozer for 2 (bike trailer)

Postby Cardy George » Thu Nov 29, 2018 12:27 pm

We have one. Unless you can weld aluminium you'll struggle. There's no place where the frame gets close enough to a wheel to mount brake hardware

MattyK

Postby MattyK » Thu Nov 29, 2018 4:58 pm

^What he said. Hub brake or disc wouldn't be possible due to the removable wheels (unless you changed the whole hub system. And a rim brake would interfere with wheel removal. maybe a spoon brake that rubs on tyre would be feasible, but again mounting it isn't straightforward.

boyracer

Postby boyracer » Thu Nov 29, 2018 5:31 pm

Emrusi wrote:Just wondering if anyone has modified there Croozer for 2 to have a handbrake? I don't want to upgrade to a more expensive brand of trailer as I already have the croozer but I would like a handbrake so I can use it to go rollerblading as option instead of cycling and walking. I've searched all over the internet but can't find anything about handbrake modifications.... :roll:
where are you located?

find_bruce

Postby find_bruce » Thu Nov 29, 2018 5:42 pm

Later model croozers have had a parking brake you might be able to modify, but it looks like a peg & hole type brake rather than friction

We had a jogging stroller that had a simple rim brake on the front wheel, but I'm not seeing how you could mount one on this frame
Anything you can do, I can do slower

MattyK

Postby MattyK » Thu Nov 29, 2018 10:01 pm

Spoon brake on the ends of the nerf bar would be feasible, but full custom fabrication. Simple class 1 lever mechanism, route the cable all the way around and up the other side.

Would want to do some thorough testing before I tried it with kids aboard though...

With a suitable mount, you might even be able to get a caliper brake on the end of the nerf bar, as long as you didn't mind not being able to remove the wheels.