Lifecycles-NSW Northern Rivers Divn. - Sat 15/11

NotFlyingScot

Lifecycles-NSW Northern Rivers Divn. - Sat 15/11

Postby NotFlyingScot » Fri Nov 21, 2008 8:25 am

Lifecycles - NSW Northern Rivers Chapter – Ride Report 15/11
We congregated at the Crescent Head Municipal Caravan Park at the appointed early hour. The threat of rain conspired to limit the number of participants and a solitary rider set off along the river flats. The outward leg was uneventful save for an unscheduled intermediate sprint to escape the predations of a rabid farm dog with a taste for bicycle tyre rubber. Pausing only briefly at Gladstone to inspect the river front conveniences which bore a distinct similarity both in architecture and odour to the more familiar Richmond Road facilities we set off on the return leg. With about 5 kms to go I was confident of holding on for a stage long breakaway success when suddenly No-one, who had been on my wheel all morning without taking a single turn on the front (don’t you just hate these guys?) was round me on the outside and a 50 metre gap was soon stretching. Not to worry I thought, Anthony or BMXBandit would soon have him pulled back. The gap widened, where were those guys. I looked behind. No Anthony. No BMXBandit. And Sandman of course long since pulled over with the usual suspect story about a “slow puncture”. It’s all up to you NFS I told myself as I glanced down at the shiny new HTFU band adorning the left wrist. Calves and thighs threatened to melt as the gap was slowly reduced. With about 400 metres to the line it was clear No-one was struggling and as he glanced over his left shoulder I was passed him on the right taking Ghost and Invisible Man along with me on my wheel. No-one was left a physical and emotional wreck as he trailed home a distant fourth. In the media booth Phil Ligget droned on about “the most exciting finish since a young Greg Lemond snatched victory from Laurent Fignon on the Col de la Petite Virgin in 1974 on Bastille Day”. Paul Sherwin reminded the audience for the umpteenth time that he ”had completed the tour that year” as the director cut to the usual clichéd shot of the peleton swooping along past a field of sunflowers. Mike Thomalaris informed the watching milions “the decaying weather board dairy farm you can see at top of the screen has been in the Brown family for a thousand years”. Cut to another helicopter shot where some illegal Basque separatist migrants had successfully avoided Mick Kelty’s border security goons and conspired to tie their goats together in the field to spell the word “ORBEA” however unfortunately some of the E and A goats had eaten through their ropes and wandered off leaving a confused world wide audience of millions questioning why the word “ORB” was picked out in goats on a far away field in Australia.
“I hope you can join us for tomorrow’s stage from Nimbin” droned Phil.” “It’s the first time the tour has visited Nimbin since 1970.” Up piped Paul again, “Did I tell you I completed the tour that ye” was as far as he got as Mike Thomalaris brought a heavy microphone down on the back of his neck.
“Can’t wait to get stuck into some more of those magic mushrooms at Nimbin” said Phil as the closing credits rolled.
NFS

zozza

Postby zozza » Fri Nov 21, 2008 8:32 am

I thought we told you to stay away from Nimbin :!: Enjoyed your report :D Hope the holiday is going nicely :)

Hebden

Postby Hebden » Fri Nov 21, 2008 9:22 am

Absolute master piece NFS! Loved it. :D

Spiza

Postby Spiza » Fri Nov 21, 2008 1:47 pm

Hehehe magic mushrooms :lol: Sounds like you're having fun. Can't wait to see the "ORB" :D

leximack

Postby leximack » Fri Nov 21, 2008 3:10 pm

Say What :lol:
Have no idea what your on about sandy, but it sounds like you went for a ride :?: raced some people :?: took some magic myshrooms :?: hooked up with some female companions :?:
Sounds like a good holiday to me

Don

ozlegacy

Re: Lifecycles-NSW Northern Rivers Divn. - Sat 15/11

Postby ozlegacy » Fri Nov 21, 2008 7:29 pm

NotFlyingScot wrote: “Can’t wait to get stuck into some more of those magic mushrooms at Nimbin” said Phil as the closing credits rolled.
I'd be concerned that there are no mushrooms left... I think a crazy old scottish guy might have eaten them all after reading that :P
Been affected by cancer? Know somebody who has been? Read about what I am doing about it http://www.bicycles.net.au/forums/viewt ... 12&t=37465

Chuck

Postby Chuck » Fri Nov 21, 2008 8:07 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Does that mean you'll be in Yellow tomorrow Sandy ?

good read cheers mate
FPR Ragamuffin

Boognoss
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby Boognoss » Fri Nov 21, 2008 9:49 pm

Nice read NFS :-) Seven thumbs up.

Hopefully when you come down from whatever it is that you've ingested you'll be feeling alright :twisted: .
Salsa Casseroll, Avanti Quantum, Specialized Tricross, Specialized Allez, Cell SS

sandman

Postby sandman » Sat Nov 22, 2008 11:01 am

Excellent report NFS....the Scott had a flattie this morning after not been ridden for 2 weeks, felt like I had a slow leak the whole way :-)

Pete

bmxbandito

Postby bmxbandito » Sat Nov 22, 2008 12:45 pm

Obviously board shiteless Sandy what an amazing imagination U have sounds like somebodys been on the bottle way to much in the wee hours of the morning.Great story at least your still riding while on your holiday should be flying by the time U get back :shock: Stay away from the mushies or youll think your riding a FUJ.Keep enjoying your trip oh wise one of footpath racers Jeff