Looking for a home for a bike rider ,

Looking for a home for a bike rider ,

Postby bimbadeen » Sun Feb 04, 2007 4:31 am

I've just found this web site and it is just like mine here in the uk, www.veloriders.co.uk

A friend of mine age about 26 is looking to have a year in Australia ,training ,racing and maybe touring . He needs a base to start with and ideally would like to stay with a bike rider and family so he can find his feet ,meet the right bike riders and be looked after . He is completing a sport and exercise degree at University here . He rides mainly road ,has done some time trialling and some track racing . He is a UK 1st cat licence holder and can ride a 10miles(16km tt) in 20.37 mins . He rides in our Premier category road events .

He would obviously pay his way with his accomodation and thought that Sydney could be his best bet to start off with .

Is there anyone out there who could help please ? or knows of any one who could ?

thank you

Ann Sturgess -Bimbadeen
bimbadeen

by BNA » Tue Feb 06, 2007 1:42 pm

BNA

Postby gururug » Tue Feb 06, 2007 1:42 pm

Sounds to me like there are a few areas in NSW that may be better suited to what he is needing.

Near a/his UNI.

I think you would be looking towards the inner suburbs / city / eastern subs.

Unless they are going to wollongong.

My advice would be to contact clubs in the areas they are interested in studying.
gururug

looking for a home....

Postby bimbadeen » Tue Feb 06, 2007 6:11 pm

Sorry it looks as if I didn't make it clear ,he is having a year out of studying or will have finished his course .He isn't studying in Australia .

Wants to spend time racing and training and looking round Australia .
bimbadeen

Postby gururug » Wed Feb 07, 2007 10:51 am

Sorry I misunderstood, but my advice still stands, contact some cycling clubs in the inner / inner west of the city and see if they can ask their members if someone is willing to billet.

I think there is one near Marrickville or Burwood ?

Anyone else know of some big happening clubs?
gururug

Return to New South Wales