Farewell to Sandman Ride - Tuesday 30th December (Confirmed)

ozlegacy

Postby ozlegacy » Wed Dec 31, 2008 11:02 am

It's all been said but to sum it up "Best ride of 2008" ! and best bunch of guys to ride it with..

And a big thank you to Pete and Carol for the after ride refreshments allot of work went into the food and I did my best to empty the fridge :P

I have one compliant though... Pete keep ur friggin pants on!! :shock:

http://illmayer.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_itemId=38299
Been affected by cancer? Know somebody who has been? Read about what I am doing about it http://www.bicycles.net.au/forums/viewt ... 12&t=37465

Chuck

Postby Chuck » Wed Dec 31, 2008 1:47 pm

Boognoss wrote: (I'm bloody impressed I made it up the hill today unlike the last time walking the last km or so through construction zone .... ;-))
Simon you kicked a@#e yesterday. You finished the climb as strongly as anyone then flew down the hill, still looking strong at the finish.

Impressive 8)
FPR Ragamuffin

Boognoss
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby Boognoss » Wed Dec 31, 2008 1:49 pm

Chuck wrote:
Boognoss wrote: (I'm bloody impressed I made it up the hill today unlike the last time walking the last km or so through construction zone .... ;-))
Simon you kicked a@#e yesterday. You finished the climb as strongly as anyone then flew down the hill, still looking strong at the finish.

Impressive 8)
Thanks mate. I think Endura should sponsor me ;-).

Dare I say it but when I get the average speed out of my mind I'm beginning to like climbing (as long as there's a kick arse descent afterwards).
Salsa Casseroll, Avanti Quantum, Specialized Tricross, Specialized Allez, Cell SS

KillerHeadWind

Postby KillerHeadWind » Wed Dec 31, 2008 3:31 pm

I'm so glad I missed being there with Pete cooking the bbq, I would have been scarred for life. It was bad enough seeing a pic.

Next time guys I'll have to put the 53/39 back on, I don't need the compact anymore. I want to be able to stay within at least 200m on the descent.
Keep climbing until the air is too thin

2006 Gitane Mach 2400, 2007 Giant OCR3 (RIP), 2009 Custom built Stealth, 2010 Pedal Force SRAM Red Rocket

RIP Dad
10:10pm 02/02/2011

Boognoss
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby Boognoss » Wed Dec 31, 2008 3:35 pm

KillerHeadWind wrote:I'm so glad I missed being there with Pete cooking the bbq, I would have been scarred for life. It was bad enough seeing a pic.

Next time guys I'll have to put the 53/39 back on, I don't need the compact anymore. I want to be able to stay within at least 200m on the descent.
It wasn't pretty in the flesh believe me ;-).

Nice!! That's some good progress mate. It was awesome to see you fly up the mountain as if it was 0% gradient :-).
Salsa Casseroll, Avanti Quantum, Specialized Tricross, Specialized Allez, Cell SS

KillerHeadWind

Postby KillerHeadWind » Wed Dec 31, 2008 3:37 pm

Boognoss wrote:
KillerHeadWind wrote:I'm so glad I missed being there with Pete cooking the bbq, I would have been scarred for life. It was bad enough seeing a pic.

Nice!! That's some good progress mate. It was awesome to see you fly up the mountain as if it was 0% gradient :-).
0%!!!!! Wasn't the whole ride downhill? :D

2006 Gitane Mach 2400, 2007 Giant OCR3 (RIP), 2009 Custom built Stealth, 2010 Pedal Force SRAM Red Rocket

RIP Dad

Boognoss
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby Boognoss » Wed Dec 31, 2008 3:39 pm

KillerHeadWind wrote:
Boognoss wrote:

0%!!!!! Wasn't the whole ride downhill? :D
You'd better order a 55 for the front :roll: . I'm sure Pete will be ordering his one soon :-).

KillerHeadWind

Postby KillerHeadWind » Wed Dec 31, 2008 3:46 pm

I could imagine Pete riding the 55 up Lappo, yawning at how easy the climb is. Of course that being something like a 55/20

RIP Dad

mikesbytes
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby mikesbytes » Wed Dec 31, 2008 4:14 pm

sandman wrote:Hi ALL

Piccies posted.. I will add all of the names later this evening, it was a battle to upload Don's 3mb photos in my !! BAN ME NOW FOR SWEARING !! dsl :-)

http://illmayer.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_itemId=38084

Pete
Nice pics, wish I was there.

Who got the flat?
If the R-1 rule is broken, what happens to N+1?

Boognoss
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby Boognoss » Wed Dec 31, 2008 4:30 pm

mikesbytes wrote:

Piccies posted.. I will add all of the names later this evening, it was a battle to upload Don's 3mb photos in my !! BAN ME NOW FOR SWEARING !! dsl :-)

Pete

Who got the flat?
Chuck had 2 in quick succession.
Leximack had 1 while we were stopped during Chuck's 2nd.
531db had 1 as we rolled in to Katoomba. I think there was a 5th. BMXBandito the resident tube changer will know :-).

I picked out a piece of wire during one of the stops that fortunately hadn't pushed through to the tube.

sandman

Postby sandman » Wed Dec 31, 2008 6:37 pm

Hi Guys

All pictures have been uploaded and I've added comments to all of them. I've enabled comments to be added by anyone, please "poke away" but stay away from the nude ones please :-)

Sandman - hunting for a 55

Chuck

Postby Chuck » Wed Dec 31, 2008 7:42 pm

sandman wrote:Hi Guys

All pictures have been uploaded and I've added comments to all of them. I've enabled comments to be added by anyone, please "poke away" but stay away from the nude ones please :-)

Great pics capturing a great day had by all. Zozz will be even more shattered when he sees these.

Don, 5 pics of Pete in his budgie smugglers :shock: very disturbing :lol: :lol:
FPR Ragamuffin

Boognoss
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby Boognoss » Wed Dec 31, 2008 7:44 pm

Chuck wrote:

Great pics capturing a great day had by all. Zozz will be even more shattered when he sees these.

Great photos Don (although I'm sure Julie would find technical reasons to disagree ;-)).

Too many smuggling shots. Scary.

Lou took some shots assuming his camera phone survived the disintegrating at one point. Did anyone else take pics?

Chuck

Postby Chuck » Wed Dec 31, 2008 8:29 pm

Hey Jeff this is the video I was telling you about on yesterdays ride with the guy jumping over riders on le Tour....

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=QRx8jO9DX5c
FPR Ragamuffin

NotFlyingScot

Postby NotFlyingScot » Wed Dec 31, 2008 9:37 pm

Surprised that no one thought to specifically thank Pete for including his practice "Old Bathurst Rd" final kilometer option to his front door rather than the gentle roll across from Castlereagh Rd just up the road. :o :o :o
I think that was rather severe punishment for Don, Rainer, Keith and I for not completing our Sunnyholt to Sunnyholt round trip.

For some masochists obviously to much Hurtbox is never enought. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

NFS
"The pain will fade, the memories will last "(I certainly hope the f-----g pain fades)

bmxbandito

Postby bmxbandito » Wed Dec 31, 2008 11:33 pm

Thanks Chuck thats awesome I'll have to look for a good place to do that over the footpath racers one night.No downhill mountain bike crap though will get the job done on the BMX think I will have to put on another HTFU band though.
cheers Jeff

leximack

Postby leximack » Thu Jan 01, 2009 2:01 am

Chuck wrote:

Sorry about the budgie smugglers guys, not sure what came over me.
I think was delusional after riding 135km and 1500m vertical :lol:

leximack

Postby leximack » Thu Jan 01, 2009 2:15 am

actually whats more disturbing is that the budgie smuggler photos have more views then the others, Say What :lol:

Hebden

Postby Hebden » Thu Jan 01, 2009 8:31 am

Hey Sandman,

Sorry I couldn't make it on Tuesday. Looking at the photos and posts it seems you guys had a fantastic time. Hope Alice works out for you and the family.

Kev365428

Postby Kev365428 » Thu Jan 01, 2009 9:55 am

Chuck wrote:Hey Jeff this is the video I was telling you about on yesterdays ride with the guy jumping over riders on le Tour....

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=QRx8jO9DX5c
What about this one?

bmxbandito

Postby bmxbandito » Thu Jan 01, 2009 10:05 am

Kev spend most of my time watching Fuel so get to heaps of this crazy stuff.My ankles hurt everytime I see this one but.

Chuck

Postby Chuck » Thu Jan 01, 2009 11:14 am

bmxbandito wrote:My ankles hurt everytime I see this one but.
+1 has to be broken doesn't it :shock: .

Jeff I reckon the rise just before Sunnyholt Rd would be the perfect place for you to jump over the "footpath racers peloton" :P you'll probably land on the M7 itself though :twisted: :twisted:
FPR Ragamuffin

531db

Postby 531db » Thu Jan 01, 2009 11:36 am

A belated contribution, but what a great day.

I'd meet a few of the guys in person racing at PPCC and WVCC events, but it was great to meet up in person with the the rest of the Lifecycles and M7 "racers".

I rode my 1982 Apollo IV with a 13/15/17/19/21/24 six speed block behind the 52/43 chainrings and used every one of those except the 43/13. Needed a bigger gear for descending though. Also need to replace the 26 year old Weinmann brake blocks which are a best 'slowers' rather than 'stoppers' :shock:

Thanks to all for a great day, especially Pete and Carol for the BBQ. Wishing you guys well for the time in the Red Centre.
Thanks too to Jeff (bmxbandito) for the tube change at Katoomba, it makes you feel like a TdF pro having somebody else doing the "wrench wench" thing.

531db

531db

Postby 531db » Thu Jan 01, 2009 11:38 am

Boognoss wrote:
mikesbytes wrote:

Pete

Who got the flat?
531db had 1 as we rolled in to Katoomba. I think there was a 5th. BMXBandito the resident tube changer will know :-).

I picked out a piece of wire during one of the stops that fortunately hadn't pushed through to the tube.
I think bmxbandito had a puncture as well.

Micaloff

Postby Micaloff » Thu Jan 01, 2009 12:03 pm

531db wrote:
Boognoss wrote:
mikesbytes wrote: Nice pics, wish I was there.

Who got the flat?

I think bmxbandito had a puncture as well.
Didn't Graham get one going up Lapstone :?:
2010 Specialized Tarmac Elite
M7 FPR