Lifecycles Boxing Day Ride

sandman

Lifecycles Boxing Day Ride

Postby sandman » Fri Dec 26, 2008 2:51 pm

Hi ALL

Lifecycles never sleeps, a great ride with the bunch this morning leaving the shop at 7:00am with about 16 starters. Different route this morning, out through Cranebrook, Vincent rd and then over to Knut rd through to Londonderry. Right turn up the driftway and on to Windsor, can't remember all the roads but we try to stay off the main roads as much as we can. A few shortcuts and down we go towards the Turf Farms. The quality of the road sucks out here but there are no cars which is kinda nice.

Nice cool morning though you could tell it was going to get hot today. We spotted Bourkey comming the other way so he swung around and hooked up with us. We made out way back into Richmond and the bunch decided to do a "Maccas" stop as nothing else was open (Franks opposite the shop was closed today). The place was darned packed though the cyclists tended to just get coffee at the Cafe leaving the "Mums n Dads n kids" to stuff their faces with the calorie ladden breakfasts. One of the guys in the group had just upgraded to Dura Ace 2009 (non electronic) groupset and we all had a gander, the stuff looked so much like bike pr0n :-)

So after the stop we made our way back along the same route towards Penrith, everyone asking each other if they were going to "behave today" or go for the sprint once we got down the "Col"...Not sure what happened but we all stayed together, I think we decided to just enjoy the ride.... well its never that easy is it.... out comes a water bottle and squirt, hmm, wet...then it was on, a few bottles here and there and most of us managed to get wet...now I have experienced this, to annoy someone the most, dont squirt it at their heads or backs, you need to aim for where the "bum crack" starts. Yes I had it done to me and its bad so of course what do you do, pass it on :-) so after we managed to empty most bottles we were fast approaching the Andrews rd round-a-bout, through we go and I suspected there was going to be a sprint. The legs felt good today and I think I would have done ok however it was peaceful, how darn nice.

A few of us stopped outside the shop to say goodbye to others and 2 bigger groups headed towards Lapstone hill. As usual BMXBandito went the wrong way :-) :-), he managed to get over the traffic island and catch some others, I got stuck and that was the last I saw of him...rode back up the hill with Duggy and T00ns, I did spot Jeff and Luke furthur up the hill so I suspect I was catching them however no one waited up the top.... boo hoo :-)

Looks like everyone kept going up the hill, I swung back down Lapstone and into Penrith to catchup with the Family.

A really good ride today, nice route, nice soaking and a good climb to top off the ride. Hope to see a big bunch tomorrow for the last Lifecycles ride for 2008...

Cheers..Pete