M7 Safety Alert Thread

WestlinkM7

Re: M7 Safety Alert Thread

Postby WestlinkM7 » Fri Sep 22, 2017 1:51 pm

Mountain_Wanderer wrote:Don't understand why the M7 website can't just add closure info on its news page

Hi Mountain_Wanderer

The new Roam/Westlink M7 Website was launched in early-October last year. As part of the new website development project, we made a decision to no longer post news about when the gates at Prestons would be open or closed on the website. I am sorry for any inconvenience this decision has caused. However we still maintain the M7 shared path email alerts, and these messages are sent directly to subscribers. I hope this makes sense, and thank you for your understanding.

kind regards
Tracey, WestlinkM7

https://www.roam.com.au/using-westlink-m7

WestlinkM7

Postby WestlinkM7 » Fri Sep 22, 2017 1:56 pm

g-boaf wrote:
WestlinkM7 wrote:
westab wrote:Friends just a reminder about the shared path - it is that "a shared path" and note that with the weather warming up and the afternoons getting lighter there are growing numbers of pedestrians & cyclists; so please take care.

Yesterday I was approaching a pedestrian who was keeping right and walking toward me. She seemed like a very courteous person who didn't wish to get in my way so she started to move left without realising that there was a cyclist approaching at speed from behind. I slowed, the other cyclist swerved and missed her (closer than I think he needed to be) and gave an angry comment. There was really no need for the comment and whilst I wouldn't have been pleased to have to change direction either it wasn't malicious. Everyone was OK and we all went on our way.

My point is please take care out there as the path use is increasing - we need to consider other path users (even if they don't behave as we would like) so that we can all enjoy its use safely.

Ps. Please don't get me started (start rant) on those people who are leaving "gel" wrappers about - I'm hoping that the number I also saw yesterday just might have fallen out of many a jersey pocket by accident :roll: :roll: (end rant)

thanks, westab
:)

We need to all keep left, simple as that (especially on the bridges and those narrow sections).

Unless you are overtaking someone, please keep left. That should apply for all. The path has pretty clear signage everywhere and markings in various places that indicate the correct side to stay on. That's better for everyone and gets around those situations like you've described.

thanks g-boaf, great advice 8)

kind regards
Tracey, WestlinkM7

WestlinkM7

Postby WestlinkM7 » Fri Sep 22, 2017 1:59 pm

Have a great ride over the weekend, everyone. Stay safe out there and enjoy the warm conditions.

woohoo

Postby woohoo » Fri Sep 22, 2017 10:51 pm

Gboaf,We need to all keep left, simple as that (especially on the bridges and those narrow sections).

Unless you are overtaking someone, please keep left. That should apply for all. The path has pretty clear signage everywhere and markings in various places that indicate the correct side to stay on. That's better for everyone and gets around those situations like you've described.

I find the section near the great Western Highway presents challenges. The Underpass there has had a few collisions in the past. One in particular nearly took down Eddy Salas's Bunch.!!! :shock: :shock:

Jawa

Postby Jawa » Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:06 am

Anyone know whose hair brain idea is was to lock the floodgate (Prestons end) yesterday? Clearly there's been no rain about and rode through Saturday and was open.

WestlinkM7

Postby WestlinkM7 » Fri Oct 06, 2017 1:47 pm

Tree Removal and Drainage work on M7 shared path, 9 - 13 October, 2017

Hi all,

We will have crews working on the M7 shared path next week, starting Monday 9 October to Friday 13 October, 2017.

In addition to mobile tree removal works being carried out from Middleton Grange to Kings Park, there will be a crew doing drainage and storm water pipe installation (trenching and excavation work) at Quakers Hill near the Wastewater treatment plant. Due to the type of machinery and changes to ground conditions, traffic controllers will be on site to direct shared path users safely around the work area.

There will be signs and work vehicles out. When travelling in this area, you may be stopped and asked to dismount from bikes, for safety reasons. We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause, however your safety is our priority.

Email alerts have been sent out about this work. I hope you have received them. Please take care when riding. Our crews will be working from 7am to 5pm.

thanks
kind regards,
Tracey, WestlinkM7

westab

Postby westab » Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:31 am

Last night (and the same time for the last 3 weeks on Tuesday) at about 9:15pm just south of Richmond road I had a rider heading south (I was heading north) on what appeared to be a nice black road bike with matching team kit with no lights on front or rear - he was invisible so please keep an eye out for him.

If this rider happens to be reading this please either turn your lights on or put some on your bike then turn them on.
Not fast, no style, but still get there.

Return to “New South Wales”