M7 Safety Alert Thread

Rockford

Re: M7 Safety Alert Thread

Postby Rockford » Sun May 18, 2014 10:09 pm

You could go south of the bubbler, as it tends to be country side and not too many ratbags would be inclined to make the hike that far.

li2099

Postby li2099 » Mon May 19, 2014 3:44 pm

Thanks for the heads up.

I normally ride from Preston up to the M4 intersection and back.
Never had any trouble but always wondered if it's dangerous riding here late at night.

I finish work late which means I always start at around 8PM.
Usually there's still other cyclists riding.

g-boaf

Postby g-boaf » Mon May 19, 2014 10:11 pm

Prestons to M4 is usually not too bad, it is usually away from houses and built up areas and there are some small hills.

I haven't seen anything dodgy down that way in my time riding the M7 at night.

Rockford

Postby Rockford » Tue May 20, 2014 8:13 am

Anne-Marie@M7 wrote:RE: Underpass near Richmond Road

Hi All

Thanks for the comments regarding the anti-social behaviour near the underpass near Dean Park. I was notified by a shared path user on Thursday morning and our Shared Path crew attended the area on Thursday afternoon. Unfortunately, similar activity occurred in the same area on Thursday night. Our Shared Path crew attended again today to clean up the area.

Please do not hesitate to also email me on amitchell@westlinkm7.com.au if you have any questions or concerns.

Have a good weekend!
Anne-Marie@M7
Hi Anne-Marie, they look like they have been at it again. One sapling hanging low over the path, 4-5 others are broken in various positions, shopping trolleys. These are 3"-5" diameter trees which would take a fair amount of force to snap like that, so can only assume it is a group effort. Makes you wonder why.

g-boaf

Postby g-boaf » Tue May 20, 2014 11:57 am

These grubs have got to be caught one way or the other. I'm heading out there tonight so I'll be taking extra care.

isabella24

Postby isabella24 » Tue May 20, 2014 12:25 pm

Rockford wrote:

Hi All

Thanks for the comments regarding the anti-social behaviour near the underpass near Dean Park. I was notified by a shared path user on Thursday morning and our Shared Path crew attended the area on Thursday afternoon. Unfortunately, similar activity occurred in the same area on Thursday night. Our Shared Path crew attended again today to clean up the area.

Please do not hesitate to also email me on amitchell@westlinkm7.com.au if you have any questions or concerns.

Have a good weekend!
Anne-Marie@M7
Hi Anne-Marie, they look like they have been at it again. One sapling hanging low over the path, 4-5 others are broken in various positions, shopping trolleys. These are 3"-5" diameter trees which would take a fair amount of force to snap like that, so can only assume it is a group effort. Makes you wonder why.
Hi Rockford, I know the previous incident has been reported to the police by the M7 crew but have you reported this latest incident? The more noise is made about it, the more likely something might get done perhaps? If I'll see anything I'll report it too.
80s Ken Evans / 2011 Trek Madone / 2013 Vivente World Randonneur / 2015 Lynskey Helix

vosadrian

Postby vosadrian » Tue May 20, 2014 12:31 pm

I was out at lunch yesterday (around 1pm), and it was all clear then.

Rockford

Postby Rockford » Tue May 20, 2014 6:44 pm

isabella24 wrote:
Rockford wrote:

Hi All

Have a good weekend!
Anne-Marie@M7
Hi Rockford, I know the previous incident has been reported to the police by the M7 crew but have you reported this latest incident? The more noise is made about it, the more likely something might get done perhaps? If I'll see anything I'll report it too.

Yep, Emailed Anne-Marie and she said she would pass it on and it just so happened I was driving past that section on the M7 around 9.30am and saw the M7 trucks/utes already there with the flashers on. So they certainly got to it quickly.

isabella24

M7 Safety Alert Thread

Postby isabella24 » Tue May 20, 2014 7:43 pm

Rockford wrote: Yep, Emailed Anne-Marie and she said she would pass it on and it just so happened I was driving past that section on the M7 around 9.30am and saw the M7 trucks/utes already there with the flashers on. So they certainly got to it quickly.
Ok, well done :)
It just annoys me when people post it on the forum and don't report it.
As a fellow M7 user, I'm much obliged! Thanks again.
80s Ken Evans / 2011 Trek Madone / 2013 Vivente World Randonneur / 2015 Lynskey Helix

fallensky

Postby fallensky » Tue May 20, 2014 8:51 pm

They were at it again tonight. Same Dean park area on the hill before/after the over pass. The tree was basically right across the path. Have notified the M7 staff and it looked like a few people had their phones out doing the same thing. The kids who did it were sitting next to the tree just waiting for carnage, and yelling out obscenities. Hopefully this will stop soon!

biker jk

Postby biker jk » Tue May 20, 2014 9:01 pm

fallensky wrote:They were at it again tonight. Same Dean park area on the hill before/after the over pass. The tree was basically right across the path. Have notified the M7 staff and it looked like a few people had their phones out doing the same thing. The kids who did it were sitting next to the tree just waiting for carnage, and yelling out obscenities. Hopefully this will stop soon!
Sounds like the police need to be called and hopefully they make some arrests.

eon

Postby eon » Tue May 20, 2014 9:13 pm

Yep 2 kids sitting there waiting and watching. They're quite ballsy to sit there and just watch.

I rolled there this evening with a mate about 7:30pm and saw them as they screamed and laughed at cyclists go pass.
Couldn't just sit there and do nothing. Eventually i rolled back, luckily seeing a few more mates on the path to confront these kids.

a mate had actually moved the trolleys out of the way and as we rolled back within 10minutes it was back at the same spot.
we confronted them and they sat there with a smarty attitude, "we didn't do it, what are you gonna do about it"

so I took photos.

I actually have very clear photos of these kids and will seek advice from Police station, if it can be released here.

There is a huge number of cyclist in the community that live in Dean Park / Rooty Hill area and I'm pretty sure someone or one of their kids will recognize who these pricks are.

Knob#1
- red hair, backwads cap with pattern
- green shorts, light blue top
- I have an ipad down my pants
- converse shoes with black socks
- i'm very cool cos i have a scooter

Knob#2
- black hair - i too must wear my cap backwards
- i roll with a black and white satchel
- i have a skateboard
- brown shorts and white T

I will send the pics of the kids to Police.

I ride this path all the time, these d*(&kheads needs to be stopped.
I want to get back home to my family in one piece.

This is what they thought was fun !!!!!

Last edited by eon on Tue May 20, 2014 9:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

leximack

Postby leximack » Tue May 20, 2014 9:49 pm

it seems to be getting worse, what was every 3 or 4 nights is now nightly, seems to be after about 6.30pm ???
What worries me is when you stop to move the crap out of the way you become a sitting duck for any attack, ride early and/or ride with buddies!!!

Don

g-boaf

Postby g-boaf » Tue May 20, 2014 10:03 pm

Bloody hell. :evil: I'm glad the guy I rode with tonight persuaded me not to go back that way - even though I really wanted to.

Good on you Ehly - hope the Police give these little terrorists something more than a little slap over the wrist and she'll be right.

leximack

Postby leximack » Tue May 20, 2014 10:05 pm

btw that area where its happening is Glendenning.
Dean Park is over the other side of Richmond Road (when heading North). Not that it matters but just to clarify if reporting to M7/Police

g-boaf

Postby g-boaf » Tue May 20, 2014 10:19 pm

The nearest side streets on the left as you are going north is Simms Road and on your right is Armitage Drive.

I hope this link works:

https://www.google.com.au/maps/(AT)-33.738 ... a=!3m1!1e3

eon

Postby eon » Tue May 20, 2014 11:20 pm

g-boaf wrote:The nearest side streets on the left as you are going north is Simms Road and on your right is Armitage Drive.

I hope this link works:

yep that helped mate.

have sent that to the MT DRUITT Police too.

Thanks.

Hopefully something can be done.

Xplora

Postby Xplora » Wed May 21, 2014 12:09 am

eon wrote:what are you gonna do about it"
"Are you ready to find out?" :x

No other peds congregate on the path at night, it's rather foolish to say "we didn't do it" because most people riding bikes down there have truckloads of cash and credibility; maybe a few decide to just lie to the police and send these boys back to juvenile detention?

This stuff never ends well, but it certainly ends worse for the knobs.

rogan

Postby rogan » Wed May 21, 2014 10:29 am

Take it easy with these nongs, they aren't going to be sent to juvey hall for that sort of behaviour, and it's not worth risking your own safety (or good record), by getting into a fight. Also, unless someone sees them doing it, it will be hard to prove anything... unless Westlink has cameras monitoring that area...

I agree with the advice to ride with a buddy or even just any other random group or rider, till this ends.

Xplora

Postby Xplora » Wed May 21, 2014 11:27 am

Bit I don't like is that a mate's wife is starting to do some bubbler runs and with kids she needs to do them at night, and this stuffs that up badly.

Anne-Marie@M7

Postby Anne-Marie@M7 » Wed May 21, 2014 4:06 pm

eon wrote:
g-boaf wrote:The nearest side streets on the left as you are going north is Simms Road and on your right is Armitage Drive.

I hope this link works:

yep that helped mate.

Thanks.

HI Eon

Could you please email me the photos you took of the suspected culprits? My email address is amitchell@westlinkm7.com.au. It will assist me when discussing this with the police.

Anne-Marie@M7

Postby Anne-Marie@M7 » Wed May 21, 2014 4:21 pm

Hi Everyone

Thanks for your continued updates regarding this issue. It is certainly one that we are taking seriously.

I have been previously been in discussions with our contact at NSW Police but since then, I have discussed this issue with Quakers Hill Police Station Crime Prevention Officer, and have left a message for the Crime Prevention Officer at Mount Druitt Police Station.

Our Shared Path Team Leader and his crew will be out there every day they are on shift to assess the area and clean up any debris.

Once I hear back from either police station regarding their next steps, I will update the forum again. The initial feedback was that Quakers Hill would add it to their task lists but I am awaiting confirmation of this.

Please stay safe, and as you have been doing, please spread the word regarding this issue to your friends that may use the shared path in this area for cycling or walking.

Kind regards,

Anne-Marie@M7
amitchell@westlinkm7.com.au

eon

Postby eon » Wed May 21, 2014 5:23 pm

Have sent email Anne. cheers.

Anyone know what the legalities are if i posted this on local FB community, - pretty sure there are a lot of cyclists that live in the DeanPark / Glendenning area that have kids that would recognise them, so we can get names.

i just don't know implications on my side if i posted their images.
Anne-Marie@M7 wrote:
eon wrote:

I hope this link works:

yep that helped mate.

Thanks.

HI Eon

Could you please email me the photos you took of the suspected culprits? My email address is amitchell@westlinkm7.com.au. It will assist me when discussing this with the police.

g-boaf

Postby g-boaf » Wed May 21, 2014 5:48 pm

Eon - don't post the photos on facebook. It's a bit tricky in relation to privacy. Although you probably could get away with posting the images, it wouldn't reflect too well on us being "vigilantes" if you want to call it that.

I know it's crap - but it'll reflect well on us if we are better than they are. :| Hope the Police come good.

Xplora

Postby Xplora » Wed May 21, 2014 5:51 pm

They have no right to privacy if the images are taken in a public place. Posting the images and asking if anyone knows them is not a legal issue... if you're concerned, get them to contact the Police with their names, rather than going through M7 staff or you. Mentioning on FB "hey, these people need to speak to the cops, because they were present at the time of the problem, can you pass their details to the cops" isn't too heavy handed.

If you are inciting, well that's another thing...

"this is not legal advice, and should be taken with a handful of salt"
Looking forward to getting back on the bike soon! When can we see you packing a disc on the Cycleway to get those TT times down, eon?? :mrgreen: