M7 Safety Alert Thread

zozza

Re: M7 Safety Alert Thread

Postby zozza » Sun Feb 26, 2012 8:40 pm

Glad she's ok, she did have a pretty nasty looking graze on her chin,
Those corners where she went down claim a lot of victims,
Nice to know that cyclists are mainly a caring bunch and help is always close at hand.

meridaman

M7 Safety Alert Thread

Postby meridaman » Sun Feb 26, 2012 8:57 pm

Hey Zozza, yeah the chin, shin and tooth didn't fare too well, alcohol wipes I rode up were handy but due to the depth of the grazes not too well received ;) and yeh the bends there are nasty, so slippery!

meridaman

M7 Safety Alert Thread

Postby meridaman » Sun Feb 26, 2012 9:31 pm

I have a question on M7 cycleway, has anyone ever copped a snake bite??

Wayfarer

Postby Wayfarer » Mon Feb 27, 2012 12:05 am

meridaman wrote:I have a question on M7 cycleway, has anyone ever copped a snake bite??
Doubt it, but a bird tried to fly into my front wheel at about 45km/h this morning.. Bastard! Now I'm seriously considering whether, in the future, bladed spokes would result in just one fatality instead of two..
What are these salesmen peddling?

MoeJoe

Postby MoeJoe » Mon Feb 27, 2012 9:50 am

meridaman wrote:I have a question on M7 cycleway, has anyone ever copped a snake bite??
Don't know, but I have rode over the tail of one near the FCF quite a while ago. I was hidden under some bark and it whipped around but just disappeared into the undergrowth. Needless to say, your legs have a hidden reflex action that brought my feet up around my ears in record time :shock:

I've seen larger blacksnakes up there and have stopped a about two metres from one that just didn't really worry about me and slithered off going its own way. I've only seen about 2 snakes in many years of mtb'ing up the Blue Mts too. They seem to like the M7 alot more :roll:

zozza

Postby zozza » Mon Feb 27, 2012 12:17 pm

Wayfarer wrote: Doubt it, but a bird tried to fly into my front wheel at about 45km/h this morning.. Bastard!
How do you know it was flying at 45km/h? :?

Chuck

Postby Chuck » Mon Feb 27, 2012 9:34 pm

zozza wrote:Glad she's ok....

Nice to know that cyclists are mainly a caring bunch and help is always close at hand.
+1
FPR Ragamuffin

Kev365428

Postby Kev365428 » Wed Feb 29, 2012 1:09 pm

zozza wrote:
Wayfarer wrote: Doubt it, but a bird tried to fly into my front wheel at about 45km/h this morning.. Bastard!

lmao.

Kev.

ratdog

Postby ratdog » Sat Mar 03, 2012 4:03 pm

A bit off topic but i thought it was the best place to get some exposure

Facebook group created. Search for "Westlink M7 Shared Path - H2No" and join it, like it, do something with it please.

meridaman

M7 Safety Alert Thread

Postby meridaman » Sat Mar 03, 2012 7:40 pm

Maybe im spelling it wrong but nothin there?

Wayfarer

Postby Wayfarer » Sun Mar 04, 2012 4:03 am

Kev365428 wrote:
zozza wrote:

lmao.

Kev.
You mean I'm the only one who carries a radar gun with me on my rides?

ratdog

Postby ratdog » Sun Mar 04, 2012 7:56 pm

meridaman wrote:Maybe im spelling it wrong but nothin there?
http://www.facebook.com/groups/180675468699283/

try that

zozza

Postby zozza » Sun Mar 04, 2012 8:10 pm

ratdog wrote:
meridaman wrote:Maybe im spelling it wrong but nothin there?
http://www.facebook.com/groups/180675468699283/

try that
Isn't this a M7 Safety Alert Thread ? :?

biker jk

Postby biker jk » Mon Mar 05, 2012 1:15 pm

Leaving Maccas at Prestons and this is what I found on the bike path next to the petrol station. I told the driver he isn't permitted to park on the bike path and his response was effectively "and what are you going to do about it"! The arrogance is amazing. Anyone know where I need to send the photo to alert officialdom about this problem (it's not the first time I've seen it).

Wayfarer

Postby Wayfarer » Wed Mar 07, 2012 12:04 am

biker jk wrote:Leaving Maccas at Prestons and this is what I found on the bike path next to the petrol station. I told the driver he isn't permitted to park on the bike path and his response was effectively "and what are you going to do about it"! The arrogance is amazing. Anyone know where I need to send the photo to alert officialdom about this problem (it's not the first time I've seen it).
Get off the bicycle so you're a pedestrian (not a bloody cyclist) and slobber all over his face. Then ask 'and what are you doing to do about it!'. Or for a less psycho approach, just deflate the tires when he's not looking and laugh with your bike pump in your hand when he tries to drive away.

josephk86

Postby josephk86 » Mon Mar 12, 2012 10:47 am

Hi All,

Just to publicise an incident which occcured on the weekend.

Saturday evening, maybe 6:00pm about 100m eastbound of the Symonds road underpass. Some/a drongo had lined up a stack of rocks the size of bricks across the cycleway. It wasn't bad the direction I was travelling but if you were coming the other way it was just at the end of a fast 90 degree turn at the bottom of a hill.

Thanks to the other cyclist who stopped with me to kick the bricks aside.

Joe

redcorpsjames

Postby redcorpsjames » Mon Mar 12, 2012 8:33 pm

biker jk wrote:Leaving Maccas at Prestons and this is what I found on the bike path next to the petrol station. I told the driver he isn't permitted to park on the bike path and his response was effectively "and what are you going to do about it"! The arrogance is amazing. Anyone know where I need to send the photo to alert officialdom about this problem (it's not the first time I've seen it).

There are some rocks at the side of the path on Symonds road underpass, use these to give the inside of his car some fresh air :lol:
Merida Scultura 905 2013
cell messenger fixie 2013

ruscook

Postby ruscook » Mon Mar 12, 2012 8:43 pm

Wayfarer wrote:
Get off the bicycle so you're a pedestrian (not a bloody cyclist) and slobber all over his face. Then ask 'and what are you doing to do about it!'. Or for a less psycho approach, just deflate the tires when he's not looking and laugh with your bike pump in your hand when he tries to drive away.
That wouldn't work it's 10mtrs from the Caltex where he can pump it up. :D

Send the picture to the cops for illegal parking and demand they take action i.e. log the number plate and driver response with the Police Assistance Line and get an event number. Then follow up with a letter, including the picture to your local member, police minister and the commander of the local area command - all CC'd on the same letter.
GT Avalanche 1.0 | TCR Alliance 0 | Giant Bowery | BMW K1300R
Two wheels good, Four wheels bad

biker jk

Postby biker jk » Tue Mar 13, 2012 4:37 pm

ruscook wrote:
Wayfarer wrote:
That wouldn't work it's 10mtrs from the Caltex where he can pump it up. :D

Send the picture to the cops for illegal parking and demand they take action i.e. log the number plate and driver response with the Police Assistance Line and get an event number. Then follow up with a letter, including the picture to your local member, police minister and the commander of the local area command - all CC'd on the same letter.
My initial response was to email Liverpool Council with the photo but have had no response in exactly a week. I've also contacted Westlink regarding the overflowing rubbish bin at the bubbler. I asked how often it is emptied because as of yesterday it had been full for around a week.

CommuRider

Postby CommuRider » Tue Mar 13, 2012 4:45 pm

Coppers would have car rego databse, not council.
Amateur oenologist and green-friendly commuter.

TimW

Postby TimW » Tue Mar 13, 2012 4:56 pm

CommuRider wrote:Coppers would have car rego databse, not council.
The RTA supplies the database,Police and Council use it.

CommuRider

Postby CommuRider » Tue Mar 13, 2012 5:02 pm

TimW wrote:
CommuRider wrote:Coppers would have car rego databse, not council.
The RTA supplies the database,Police and Council use it.
The point is response.

No use emailing council when they don't respond. Eg who in council would want responsibility? Pass the parcel and say 'not my problem'.

Local cop shop would have given a more effective response as it is a traffic offence and nail the inconsiderate driver in a day. Not sure about your local coppers but at least in my area they are responsive to this type of offences.

TimW

Postby TimW » Tue Mar 13, 2012 5:05 pm

Local councils, have Sworn Law enforcement officers now that generally are the ones who take care of parking matters. Hwp does also, just letting you know that it is my understanding that the council is the lead agency in the matter.

CommuRider

Postby CommuRider » Tue Mar 13, 2012 5:09 pm

If after a week a government body has not responded then something is wrong and dysfunctional in their response process. No use barking up that door when they aren't working functionally and get frustrated in the process when they have internal issues to sort out.

@ruscook's advice is spot on.

TimW

Postby TimW » Tue Mar 13, 2012 5:12 pm

Yep as long as Bikerjk is prepared to go to Court as a witness,if after the parking infringement notice is issued, the person elects to challenge the matter at Court, that would be correct, simply pointing out, what you were saying was incorrect, that is all.

ie this bit
Coppers would have car rego databse, not council.