M7 Safety Alert Thread

robbo mcs

Re: M7 Safety Alert Thread

Postby robbo mcs » Sat May 06, 2017 8:01 pm

You can also ring the M7 control office directly 98349261 to let them know.

For those who ride regularly on the M7 it is worth keeping that number on your phone, it is useful if there is a nasty accident or dangerous situation on the bikepath or road etc.

g-boaf

Postby g-boaf » Sat May 06, 2017 8:16 pm

Some guy on a trail bike was riding down near Prestons this morning after 9am. Looked to be unregistered. Just keep an eye out - although you'll hear it easily.
syu wrote:Is it just me or is the parallel crack in the path near Redmayne Rd getting wider?
Yes, that looks like a bit of a trap now - I noticed it this morning. And totally agree with the above, keep the M7 number on your phone.

westab

Postby westab » Mon May 08, 2017 10:47 am

Hergest wrote:
westab wrote:Friends the lights are still out in the section mentioned above.
Have you contacted the M7 people about this through their website? A direct contact should result in action quicker than through this forum.

https://www.roam.com.au/contact-us
Hergest - sure have, but thanks for the advise. I find calling the control room the best then they send an email to the Maintenance crew who repair the issue shortly after.

Posting here is just as reminder to those who ride (just in case you ride with the old 0.5W front blinking light - you might want something more).
Not fast, no style, but still get there.

Hergest

Postby Hergest » Mon May 08, 2017 4:04 pm

westab wrote:
Hergest - sure have, but thanks for the advise. I find calling the control room the best then they send an email to the Maintenance crew who repair the issue shortly after.

Posting here is just as reminder to those who ride (just in case you ride with the old 0.5W front blinking light - you might want something more).
Good on ya. Yep, It's amazing how dark the M7 is when the lights are out. You expect it to be bright from the adjacent motorway but you can suddenly hit pitch black and really need decent bike lights.
13 LynskeyR230 01 Lemond BuenosAires

syu

Postby syu » Sun May 14, 2017 6:12 pm

New paint on the path at the south side of the Horsley Drive underpass, on both approaches to the corner warning riders to "slow". Brilliant!

Big thanks to the M7 Crew.

One small criticism, my personal experience of people flying through those corners is more on the north side of the underpass where there is no painted warning, it'd be great if it was painted on both approaches on both corners.

Tracey, if you've got the templates and the paint I'll personally volunteer to go out there and paint it.
robbo mcs wrote: For those who ride regularly on the M7 it is worth keeping that number on your phone
Very good idea. Number added, you never know when you'll need it.

g-boaf

Postby g-boaf » Sun May 14, 2017 7:30 pm

syu wrote:New paint on the path at the south side of the Horsley Drive underpass, on both approaches to the corner warning riders to "slow". Brilliant!

One small criticism, my personal experience of people flying through those corners is more on the north side of the underpass where there is no painted warning, it'd be great if it was painted on both approaches on both corners.

Tracey, if you've got the templates and the paint I'll personally volunteer to go out there and paint it.
robbo mcs wrote: For those who ride regularly on the M7 it is worth keeping that number on your phone
Agree on that, the come around that right turn (on the north side of the underpass, just before the exit to Horsley Drive) sometimes over the middle line. I keep well over to the left because of it. And really, you aren't going to gain much time or speed by flying through the corners. You get the higher average speeds from going quickly in a straight line and up hill.

And on the note of cornering, please people - don't go two abreast (1 rider per lane) through the S-Curves. Two guys were doing that this morning near Prestons. Single file.

g-boaf

Postby g-boaf » Sat May 27, 2017 4:56 pm

Wallgrove Road at the corner where the bollards are, please slow down and be prepared to stop in this section - the path is down to 1 lane only due to construction works for the traffic lights.

biker jk

Postby biker jk » Sat May 27, 2017 5:23 pm

g-boaf wrote:Wallgrove Road at the corner where the bollards are, please slow down and be prepared to stop in this section - the path is down to 1 lane only due to construction works for the traffic lights.
Yes and there's quite a dip in the path right at that spot. Very dangerous.

rob045

Postby rob045 » Tue May 30, 2017 4:26 pm

Every Tuesday around 2pm there seems to be a group of school kids riding on the path, they do not stick to the left and ride on the right hand side of the path not watching for on coming traffic.
Last week I seen a teacher with them but this week they were riding without a teacher. I nearly collided with 2 of them who did not see me at all as they were not looking forward.

Be careful as they will end up having a head on with someone coming the other way, they seem to be around the chook farm to past the bubbler section.

syu

Postby syu » Sun Jun 04, 2017 4:00 pm

Does any one know if Tracey still works for Westlink? Had contact with her in recent weeks?

I ask because of the recent work on the path, trenches dug out of the concrete as g-boaf noted a few posts up, and now path access from Wallgrove Rd is blocked at the bubbler.

I would have thought there would be a notification for this kind of thing either via email or a post here.

Though I'm still getting emails like clockwork when the gate is closed/opened due to flooding.

g-boaf

Postby g-boaf » Sun Jun 04, 2017 6:51 pm

That fix-up on the path at Wallgrove Road intersection is shocking. :x I hope those who did the work will be forced to fix it properly, those trenches dug out at filled not so well with hotmix - the surface is uneven too. So again, take care through there.

westab

Postby westab » Thu Jun 15, 2017 8:53 am

Friends,

Another section of lights was out last night as I went home at about 6:30pm. Section was between the bridge over Eastern Creek (near the big Billboard) and Symonds road. It could be further - towards Richmond road but I exited into Western Sydney parkland to go home and didn't have time to go any further.
Not fast, no style, but still get there.

WestlinkM7

Postby WestlinkM7 » Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:49 am

Hi all

Please forgive. I am so sorry for my lack of contact through our forum, of late. I am still here at M7 and crazy busy with projects which have taken a bit of time. Anyway, let me please try to answer some of your queries and give you an update on all things M7 shared path.

Lights out on shared path near Symonds Rd (billboard) at Dean Park - Thanks for taking time to report this issue to us. We arranged for a technician to go out and a fault was detected in the circuit. The issue should be fixed this week, and lights will be back to normal. Let me know if you see any other light issues and our electrical team will investigate.

Wallgrove Road Intersection - As you may be aware, Daracon are working in this location as part of the Old Wallgrove Road/Wallgrove Rd Project. They are in the process of proposing some modifications at the traffic lights where the shared path is and we are working with Daracon and RMS on this. New signage and line-marking is proposed and will be installed once the work is approved, but in the meantime, please slow down and take extra care as this area is 'under construction'.

Temporary closure of entry point 34 near the bubbler - I am happy to let you know the entry/exit point to the bubbler is now open and access is back to normal. Thank you for your patience and apologies for this inconvenience. The closure was in place while Sydney Water carried out emergency works. Signs were in place and an email alert was sent out 8 June 2017. I am sorry if you missed the message.

Slow bubbles on the shared path - Thanks for your positive feedback, our team will be wrapt to hear this. We love this new initiative too. It has been developed by our very clever asset team, and the concept endorsed by the RMS. I will be sure to pass on your feedback on about installing additional bubbles when I meet with the team at our meeting, next week.

Tree roots growing through shared path pavement - Westlink M7 takes safety matters very seriously and we are in the process of planning work to remove tree roots that are growing through sections of the shared path pavement. We have identified several other locations and will keep you updated when this work is going ahead, but in the meantime, please take care. If you see anything of concern please let us know and we will investigate and respond.

Best ways to contact Westlink M7 and report issues
Work hours M-F 8.30am - 5pm call Reception on 02 9834 9200
email info@westlinkm7.com.au (reception will log and pass on to me or maintenance supervisor)

If you call the reception number after hours there is an option to go through to the Traffic Control to report emergencies. Please try to avoid reporting maintenance issues directly through to the control room as we need to know about them and manage any safety issues. Also, the control room team are responsible for monitoring traffic and ensuring safety on the motorway, and we need them to focus on the job, as this is a critical function for us. Thanks for your understanding and all your help with helping us to address any issues.

WestlinkM7

Postby WestlinkM7 » Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:54 am

syu wrote:Does any one know if Tracey still works for Westlink? Had contact with her in recent weeks?

I ask because of the recent work on the path, trenches dug out of the concrete as g-boaf noted a few posts up, and now path access from Wallgrove Rd is blocked at the bubbler.

I would have thought there would be a notification for this kind of thing either via email or a post here.

Though I'm still getting emails like clockwork when the gate is closed/opened due to flooding.
Hi syu, I am still with the M7. An email alert for the temporary closure of the entry/exit point to the bubbler was sent out on 8 June, 2017. I am sorry you missed it. The area is now open. It was closed while Sydney Water attended to emergency works.

WestlinkM7

Postby WestlinkM7 » Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:55 am

westab wrote:Friends,

Another section of lights was out last night as I went home at about 6:30pm. Section was between the bridge over Eastern Creek (near the big Billboard) and Symonds road. It could be further - towards Richmond road but I exited into Western Sydney parkland to go home and didn't have time to go any further.
Hi westab, thanks for reporting this. The lights should be back to normal this week.

kind regards
Tracey, WestlinkM7

WestlinkM7

Postby WestlinkM7 » Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:58 am

syu wrote:New paint on the path at the south side of the Horsley Drive underpass, on both approaches to the corner warning riders to "slow". Brilliant!

Hi syu, thanks for the feedback, and offer to volunteer!!! I will pass on your suggestion to the asset team at our meeting next week. :D

kind regards,
Tracey, WestlinkM7

WestlinkM7

Postby WestlinkM7 » Wed Jun 21, 2017 11:23 am

Hergest wrote:
westab wrote:Friends the lights are still out in the section mentioned above.
Have you contacted the M7 people about this through their website? A direct contact should result in action quicker than through this forum.

https://www.roam.com.au/contact-us
Hi Hergest

Please feel free to contact the Westlink M7 for any maintenance issues:

Phone 02 9834 9200
Email info@westlinkm7.com.au

thanks
kind regards
Tracey, WestlinkM7

WestlinkM7

Postby WestlinkM7 » Wed Jun 21, 2017 11:29 am

syu wrote:Is it just me or is the parallel crack in the path near Redmayne Rd getting wider?

https://www.google.com.au/maps/dir//-33 ... 562677,18z
Thanks syu, I'll report this issue through to the Asset Team and they will inspect the location. thanks for letting us know.

kind regards
Tracey, Westlink M7

WestlinkM7

Postby WestlinkM7 » Thu Jun 22, 2017 8:55 am

WestlinkM7 wrote:

https://www.google.com.au/maps/dir//-33 ... 562677,18z
Thanks syu, I'll report this issue through to the Asset Team and they will inspect the location. thanks for letting us know.

kind regards
Tracey, Westlink M7
Hi syu, the asset team are arranging for the crack seal repairs in this location, asap. Thanks again for reporting this.

brumby33

Postby brumby33 » Thu Jun 22, 2017 9:23 am

WOW.... :o
It's great to see a fantastic pro-active team for the M7 Cycleway...Tracey and the M7 team, you are all fantastic the way you get on top of matters with such urgency.....
I haven't ridden the M7 bikeway myself as yet but it's great to see that any issues are taken seriously and is not swept under the carpet.....I've been reading a fair bit on here where riders have reported issues and are pretty much addressed straight away....I tips my hat to you all!!

cheers
brumby33
"ya gotta hold ya mouth right"

VWR Patagonia 2017
2003 Diamondback Sorrento Sport MTB

WestlinkM7

Postby WestlinkM7 » Fri Jun 23, 2017 10:28 am

brumby33 wrote:WOW.... :o
It's great to see a fantastic pro-active team for the M7 Cycleway...Tracey and the M7 team, you are all fantastic the way you get on top of matters with such urgency.....
I haven't ridden the M7 bikeway myself as yet but it's great to see that any issues are taken seriously and is not swept under the carpet.....I've been reading a fair bit on here where riders have reported issues and are pretty much addressed straight away....I tips my hat to you all!!

cheers
brumby33
thanks brumby33, really appreciate your kind words. It will be nice to be able to share this with my team at our meeting next week. Positive feedback like this can be a real boost for everyone. It's all about working together for the M7 8)

brumby33

Postby brumby33 » Fri Jun 23, 2017 11:42 am

Please Tracey..by all means :D
"ya gotta hold ya mouth right"

VWR Patagonia 2017
2003 Diamondback Sorrento Sport MTB

syu

Postby syu » Fri Jun 23, 2017 12:13 pm

Yes, outstanding!
WestlinkM7 wrote:
An email alert for the temporary closure of the entry/exit point to the bubbler was sent out on 8 June, 2017. I am sorry you missed it.
No I didn't miss it, I commented before the email was sent out ;)

... which I received.

robbo mcs

Postby robbo mcs » Fri Jun 23, 2017 8:04 pm

WestlinkM7 wrote:
brumby33 wrote:WOW.... :o

cheers
brumby33
thanks brumby33, really appreciate your kind words. It will be nice to be able to share this with my team at our meeting next week. Positive feedback like this can be a real boost for everyone. It's all about working together for the M7 8)
Another big thanks from me :D Last spring you even managed to sort out the magpie :D

I guess sorting out the smells from the garbage dump and the chook poo is probably a bit of a harder job :roll:

g-boaf

Postby g-boaf » Sun Jun 25, 2017 6:07 pm

Someone has dumped semi-loose gravel all over the entire length of Chandos Road from the roundabout up to the bridge over the M7. :evil: :evil: :evil:

Bloody awful! The road had a pretty crappy surface, now it has this nasty semi-loose surface. Every time a car goes past it is throwing up all of this crap everywhere.