M7 Safety Alert Thread

g-boaf

Re: M7 Safety Alert Thread

Postby g-boaf » Sun Dec 10, 2017 8:35 pm

syu wrote:Lights weigh tens of grams and don't look pro.

Nice try, but that's a miss. It's usually the teenagers on their mountain bikes or BMXs that ride along at night with no lights. Though I've also seen on another cycleway some older guy get really annoyed at someone for having front lights on a bike, while this grumpy old guy was riding along in the dark with no lights at all. :roll:

Everyone else I see on the M7 at night has lights on their bikes, and they are all on road bikes. And I am riding on there a lot of times now at night, so I do notice.

fishwop

Postby fishwop » Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:43 am

I guess that explains the ubiquitous gel wrappers strewn along the cycleway. They must weigh at least a gram each.

syu

Postby syu » Mon Dec 11, 2017 12:50 pm

fishwop wrote:I guess that explains the ubiquitous gel wrappers strewn along the cycleway. They must weigh at least a gram each.

Ah, a man after my own heart.

g-boaf wrote:Nice try

I know, I know, my comment was like 3 years old. What I should have said was there's no room on the aerofoil topped carbon bars or kamm-tail seat post to strap on a light. Still don't seem pro though.

g-boaf

Postby g-boaf » Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:55 pm

fishwop wrote:

I guess that explains the ubiquitous gel wrappers strewn along the cycleway. They must weigh at least a gram each.

Yuck... Those things are usually awful...

xavdav

Postby xavdav » Mon Dec 18, 2017 8:00 am

I am ok g-boaf,just battered and bruised. Still in observation in Liverpool hospital as I had a bit of bleeding in the brain. Thanks to the guys that stopped to assist me. One of them has my bike since I lost conscienssness.his name is Peter and I would like to talk to him as n order to recover the bike. If anybody knows him, let him know please.

find_bruce

Postby find_bruce » Mon Dec 18, 2017 10:28 am

xavdav wrote:I am ok g-boaf,just battered and bruised. Still in observation in Liverpool hospital as I had a bit of bleeding in the brain. Thanks to the guys that stopped to assist me. One of them has my bike since I lost conscienssness.his name is Peter and I would like to talk to him as n order to recover the bike. If anybody knows him, let him know please.
Glad to hear you are doing ok xavdav, sounds like a nasty fall.

g-boaf

Postby g-boaf » Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:57 am

xavdav wrote:I am ok g-boaf,just battered and bruised. Still in observation in Liverpool hospital as I had a bit of bleeding in the brain. Thanks to the guys that stopped to assist me. One of them has my bike since I lost conscienssness.his name is Peter and I would like to talk to him as n order to recover the bike. If anybody knows him, let him know please.

That's good to know you are alright, when I came past and saw you I was pretty worried. I think the Marconi group might know who has your bike, they were talking to the other guys that were with you. I don't always see them but they are usually always down at Prestons around 7:00am-ish.

g-boaf

Postby g-boaf » Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:26 pm

That nasty sharp bump on the south side of Cowpasture Rd bridge has been fixed recently.