Parramatta river cycle way

Hergest

Re: Parramatta river cycle way

Postby Hergest » Thu Oct 19, 2017 11:12 am

The signage should have been done when the job was first completed. Some new signs were put up but the old ones were left and the new signs were ambiguous. It's got nothing to do with tradies being able to pick jobs but everything to do with poor organisation at the completion of a contract. Putting up the correct signage as a separate job was probably billed at a few thousand dollars rather than as part of the original contract. This bit of path has been needed for over 20 years, It's what they should have done with our rate monies years and years ago.
13 LynskeyR230 01 Lemond BuenosAires

Bunged Knee

Postby Bunged Knee » Fri Feb 09, 2018 2:30 pm

Got email from CAMWEST that had forwarded to let someone know that PVC at 2 locations will be closed on Monday 12th between 6.30am and 3pm. No full info provided.

Detour between Macarthur Street via Thomas Street and to Victoria Rd via Marsden Street.

Might have to do this temporary route,
ID please? What ID? My seat tube ID is 27.2mm or 31.6mm depending on what bikes I ride today.thanks...

Bunged Knee

Postby Bunged Knee » Thu Jun 07, 2018 8:35 pm

More than $10 million has been allocated to the Escarpment Boardwalk out of the State Government’s Cycling Infrastructure Fund, and construction is expected to be completed in early 2019.

Where possible, construction of the project will be in parallel with Transport for NSW’s Transport Access Program upgrade of the Parramatta Ferry Wharf to minimise impacts to ferry customers, as well as surrounding businesses and residents.

NSW Treasurer Dominic Perrottet said funding set aside in the NSW State Budget, to be delivered on Tuesday 19 June, would help build the foreshore path.

More info in this link

MISSING LINK OF PARRAMATTA RIVER FORESHORE PATH TO BE BUILT IN THE CBD.

Much better than going over the Gasworks bridge after mid`19 and need 1 more to go of the Subiaco Creek to Uni without going thru the current new route at an unknown date.
ID please? What ID? My seat tube ID is 27.2mm or 31.6mm depending on what bikes I ride today.thanks...

mmel

Postby mmel » Mon Jul 23, 2018 7:17 pm

The crossing at McArthur Street bugs me.
I've got so many questions regarding its correct usage:
  • Is the path on the western side of the road considered a bike path? My gut feel says no, it just isn't free enough of obstructions to be signed off as one?
  • Are cyclists supposed to turn onto the road only from the end of the bike path when heading westbound?
  • Can I be riding northbound on McArthur street and turn right onto the bike path via the crossing? If not, what is the correct, legal procedure for entering the bike path from that direction? Pull to the side of the road, dismount and cross as a pedestrian?
I feel I can do no right regarding this section of road. I have been beeped and hollered at whether I've dismounted to cross, not dismounted to cross, turned stright left onto McArthur St.. I can't seem to win.

tez001

Postby tez001 » Thu Jul 26, 2018 10:07 am

mmel wrote:[*]Is the path on the western side of the road considered a bike path? My gut feel says no, it just isn't free enough of obstructions to be signed off as one?
[*]Are cyclists supposed to turn onto the road only from the end of the bike path when heading westbound?
[*]Can I be riding northbound on McArthur street and turn right onto the bike path via the crossing? If not, what is the correct, legal procedure for entering the bike path from that direction? Pull to the side of the road, dismount and cross as a pedestrian?

The western path along the gasworks bridge is marked on various maps as a cyclepath. It provide the link from Rydalmere to the southern side of the Parramatta river.

You'd dismount on the bicycle and cross the pedestrian crossing and then continue on along the path on the gasworks bridge.

For entering the bike path from McArthur st, if there were no cars around, you could possibly turn right onto the bike path at the pedestrian crossing (legal Im not sure) otherwise it would be quite dangerous as oncoming traffic would not expect you to make a right turn at the pedestrian crossing.

You could jump on to the shared path at Macarthur / George St and ride along to the crossing. Then dismount and cross the pedestrian crossing.

The times I have ridden across this, or on to Macarthur st, I haven't had a problem.

mmel

Postby mmel » Sat Aug 04, 2018 11:12 am

tez001 wrote:The times I have ridden across this, or on to Macarthur st, I haven't had a problem.

You're probably right. I think I'm just dirty about this part because the rest of the pathway is so nice now! Can't wait for the proposed extensions.