RACV has a different approach to NRMA Motoring & Services

RACV has a different approach to NRMA Motoring & Services

Postby find_bruce » Sun Sep 04, 2011 7:14 pm

The September RACV journal has a feature article "Life cycle ride your way to work, health and happiness", 4 pages of positive tales about cycling, including
SUPPORT FOR CYCLING
RACV advocates for improved transport services for all our members, including those who cycle. Our research shows that almost half of RAVC's members ride a bicycle, with one in five doing so at least once a week. RACV believes all road users must be recognised and an adequate road network provided. RACV advocates for enhanced safety for cyclists ...

Makes a pleasant change from the negative bleatings from NRMA Motoring & Services & their 10-step plan to tackle congestion which makes no mention of any alternative to the car. Makes you wonder if the NRMA has done any research into their own members.

Perhaps it is another consequence of the split between road service and insurance
find_bruce

by BNA » Sun Sep 04, 2011 7:18 pm

BNA

Re: RACV has a different approach to NRMA Motoring & Service

Postby CommuRider » Sun Sep 04, 2011 7:18 pm

Too many reactionaries in the NRMA. Probably part of the same club as Alan Jones. The NRMA is against electric cars, want more roads to ease traffic congestion (!), doesn't support public transport, and vehement anti cyclists. Too bad because we could be another target market for them both in insurance and advocacy but noooooo..... :roll:
Amateur oenologist and green-friendly commuter.
CommuRider

Postby Aushiker » Sun Sep 04, 2011 7:50 pm

Hi

Here in the West the RACWA has a Vulnerable Users Safety Group and has run a series of safety forums for motorcyclists, cyclists (two of three have been held) and are doing the same for pedestrians. I have as has RolandP been to the two cycling ones. Seem to be productive.

Seems a change in focus is needed in NSW.

Andrew
"Pedal-pounding pounce" - D. Fluellen - West Australian 13/1/14
Aushiker

Postby anonymous_ » Tue Sep 06, 2011 1:52 pm

In Vic the RACV has a road service for bicycles. When I emailed NRMA asking are they looking at doing the same I got short curt response saying they are not.
anonymous_

Postby Xplora » Thu Sep 08, 2011 11:16 pm

anonymous_ wrote:In Vic the RACV has a road service for bicycles. When I emailed NRMA asking are they looking at doing the same I got short curt response saying they are not.

That's because the NRMA sucks :arrow:
Xplora

Return to New South Wales