M4 Safety Alert Thread

ajs_1971
Posts: 8
Joined: Tue Jul 26, 2011 10:08 pm

Re: M4 Safety Alert Thread

Postby ajs_1971 » Sun Jun 29, 2014 7:58 pm

Gravel, glass and pieces of metal at Mulgoa road exit East bound...also on bridge/overpass M4 shoulder. Debris incl. timber West bound in this area also. Got a puncture there yesterday, take care if in this area.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

User avatar
RideLikeTheWind
Posts: 556
Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2007 4:57 pm
Location: Glenmore Park

Re: M4 Safety Alert Thread

Postby RideLikeTheWind » Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:46 pm

Gravel, glass, all sorts of s**t along the side of the road - particularly past the James Ruse entry... Terrible conditions at best. Still, a good ride Penrith to Burwood ;)
Image

User avatar
QuangVuong
Posts: 1753
Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2013 5:04 pm
Location: Villawood, Sydney
Contact:

Re: M4 Safety Alert Thread

Postby QuangVuong » Tue Aug 12, 2014 7:13 pm

4 trolleys across the path between Good and Alfred streets(or close by). This was Sunday arvo, so visibility was alright.

There's been more obstacles recently, with the other month having a SES/safety tape tied around one of the bollards. In the past year, I don't think that I came across any dangers.
VillaVelo, by the Vuong brothers

Blog: https://villaveloframes.wordpress.com/
FB & IG: @villaveloframes

Hergest
Posts: 1110
Joined: Sat Jun 06, 2009 8:05 pm
Location: Guildford West, NSW

Re: M4 Safety Alert Thread

Postby Hergest » Fri Apr 24, 2015 8:29 am

Lots of mud on the path after the rain, take particular care at Parramatta/Granville where the path goes under the intersection of the M4/Parra Road/Woodville Road. The mud is a good 3 or 4 inches thick across the whole path.
13 LynskeyR230 01 Lemond BuenosAires

Image

unbent
Posts: 28
Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2015 6:31 pm

Re: M4 Safety Alert Thread

Postby unbent » Sun May 10, 2015 5:46 pm

Hergest wrote:Lots of mud on the path after the rain, take particular care at Parramatta/Granville where the path goes under the intersection of the M4/Parra Road/Woodville Road. The mud is a good 3 or 4 inches thick across the whole path.

Still there ,came off in 4-6 inches of sand today , wasn't really looking in the dark in the underpass came to post it and it's already here ... Could of saved myself some pride and skin if I had read it earlier. Test of m4 path seemed clear

User avatar
Bunged Knee
Posts: 749
Joined: Fri Mar 27, 2015 12:29 pm
Location: Not drowning in Parramatta river yet

Re: M4 Safety Alert Thread

Postby Bunged Knee » Sun May 10, 2015 8:18 pm

unbent wrote:
Hergest wrote:Lots of mud on the path after the rain, take particular care at Parramatta/Granville where the path goes under the intersection of the M4/Parra Road/Woodville Road. The mud is a good 3 or 4 inches thick across the whole path.

Just came off in it at speed today , came to post it and it's already here ... Could have saved a lot of skin


Is dried mud still there? Please report it to Bicycle info report the hazard form and it will clear it up if reported.
http://www.bicycleinfo.nsw.gov.au/cgi-bin/index.cgi?action=reporthazard.form
Scroll down and fill it in of what did you see and whereabout is it.

I`ve forgot of who had done the work. Might be Parramatta council or RMS.
I`ve reported it more than 2 years ago when it happened while I commuted to work and they cleaned it up in a few weeks later. I haven`t ride past this way yet as I don`t commute this route.
ID please? What ID? My seat tube ID is 27.2mm or 31.6mm depending on what bikes I ride today.thanks...

tez001
Posts: 754
Joined: Mon Nov 11, 2013 11:05 pm
Location: Sydney

Re: M4 Safety Alert Thread

Postby tez001 » Sun May 10, 2015 11:12 pm

The whole section from the Woodville rd turn off right to Granville is full of dried mud, gravel, leaves.

Take care going through there.

unbent
Posts: 28
Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2015 6:31 pm

Re: M4 Safety Alert Thread

Postby unbent » Mon May 11, 2015 6:29 pm

Bunged Knee wrote:
unbent wrote:
Hergest wrote:Lots of mud on the path after the rain, take particular care at Parramatta/Granville where the path goes under the intersection of the M4/Parra Road/Woodville Road. The mud is a good 3 or 4 inches thick across the whole path.

Just came off in it at speed today , came to post it and it's already here ... Could have saved a lot of skin


Is dried mud still there? Please report it to Bicycle info report the hazard form and it will clear it up if reported.
http://www.bicycleinfo.nsw.gov.au/cgi-bin/index.cgi?action=reporthazard.form
Scroll down and fill it in of what did you see and whereabout is it.

I`ve forgot of who had done the work. Might be Parramatta council or RMS.
I`ve reported it more than 2 years ago when it happened while I commuted to work and they cleaned it up in a few weeks later. I haven`t ride past this way yet as I don`t commute this route.



Thanks reported

Hergest
Posts: 1110
Joined: Sat Jun 06, 2009 8:05 pm
Location: Guildford West, NSW

Re: M4 Safety Alert Thread

Postby Hergest » Sun May 17, 2015 10:41 am

I noticed there are quite a few new signs for the M4 cyclepath diversion appeared in the last couple of days. It looks like soon parts of the path will be shut for the widening of the motorway. I assume the path under the flyover will be the worst affected as there will be piling work all the way along. Hopefully the main diversion doesn't involve using the Parramatta Road footpath.
13 LynskeyR230 01 Lemond BuenosAires

Image

tez001
Posts: 754
Joined: Mon Nov 11, 2013 11:05 pm
Location: Sydney

Re: M4 Safety Alert Thread

Postby tez001 » Sun May 17, 2015 7:37 pm

Noticed the diversion signs in Olympic Park!

thomashouseman
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 1251
Joined: Wed Sep 16, 2009 9:07 am
Location: Toongabbie NSW
Contact:

Re: M4 Safety Alert Thread

Postby thomashouseman » Sun May 17, 2015 7:45 pm

tez001 wrote:Noticed the diversion signs in Olympic Park!


/cry! :cry:

I travel that way every day.

unbent
Posts: 28
Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2015 6:31 pm

Re: M4 Safety Alert Thread

Postby unbent » Tue May 19, 2015 6:10 pm

Dear Mr Unbent,



Thank you for your email regarding a section of the cycleway underneath the rail overpass at Harris Park.



Work is underway for the $500 million WestConnex M4 Widening. The Rizzani Leighton Joint Venture (RLJV) has been

contracted to design and build this section of the WestConnex Motorway. RLJV has investigated the area and have attached images of the sand that is causing obstruction to the cycleway. The obstruction is due to the recent inclement weather and subsequent flooding of the area.



Thank you for bringing this matter to our attention. RLJV take matters of this nature very seriously and have engaged a maintenance team to attend the site tomorrow morning at 7:30am to remove the sand.



Should you have any additional concerns or enquiries please contact us on the details below.



Kind regards,

Karin

Hergest
Posts: 1110
Joined: Sat Jun 06, 2009 8:05 pm
Location: Guildford West, NSW

Re: M4 Safety Alert Thread

Postby Hergest » Tue May 19, 2015 6:18 pm

Good that they will clean it up but odd that Roads And Maritime who I believe have responsibility for the M4 path are leaving it to the construction contractors to maintain the path.
13 LynskeyR230 01 Lemond BuenosAires

Image

User avatar
Bunged Knee
Posts: 749
Joined: Fri Mar 27, 2015 12:29 pm
Location: Not drowning in Parramatta river yet

Re: M4 Safety Alert Thread

Postby Bunged Knee » Tue May 19, 2015 6:20 pm

unbent wrote:Dear Mr Unbent,

Thank you for your email regarding a section of the cycleway underneath the rail overpass at Harris Park.



Good to hear that they will clear it up.

Who did you get the email from? Was it from RMS?
ID please? What ID? My seat tube ID is 27.2mm or 31.6mm depending on what bikes I ride today.thanks...

unbent
Posts: 28
Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2015 6:31 pm

Re: M4 Safety Alert Thread

Postby unbent » Tue May 19, 2015 7:45 pm

Yes it's the contractors for the m4 widening replying and cleaning up ...not what I expected either

Hergest
Posts: 1110
Joined: Sat Jun 06, 2009 8:05 pm
Location: Guildford West, NSW

Re: M4 Safety Alert Thread

Postby Hergest » Fri May 22, 2015 9:15 am

RLJV are as useless as the RTA/RMS. The dirt is still there, they've done bugger all but go out and stare at it.
13 LynskeyR230 01 Lemond BuenosAires

Image

User avatar
Bunged Knee
Posts: 749
Joined: Fri Mar 27, 2015 12:29 pm
Location: Not drowning in Parramatta river yet

Re: M4 Safety Alert Thread

Postby Bunged Knee » Fri May 22, 2015 10:04 am

What a joke to RLJV? :evil: And waste of time to report it for nothing.
ID please? What ID? My seat tube ID is 27.2mm or 31.6mm depending on what bikes I ride today.thanks...

Hergest
Posts: 1110
Joined: Sat Jun 06, 2009 8:05 pm
Location: Guildford West, NSW

Re: M4 Safety Alert Thread

Postby Hergest » Fri May 22, 2015 4:52 pm

I reported it this morning and got this back from the RMS.

Dear Parramatta City Council

Roads and Maritime Services received the below enquiry, which has been identified as falling within the Council’s responsibility, and is being referred for your consideration and direct response to the customer.

Kind Regards

Roads and Maritime Customer Services Team


So the RMS put the responsibility onto Parramatta Council, let's see what happens next.
13 LynskeyR230 01 Lemond BuenosAires

Image

User avatar
Bunged Knee
Posts: 749
Joined: Fri Mar 27, 2015 12:29 pm
Location: Not drowning in Parramatta river yet

Re: M4 Safety Alert Thread

Postby Bunged Knee » Fri May 22, 2015 9:14 pm

For Parramatta City Council areas on cycling problems, try to report on what did it cause the risks of riding. Make sure to click on footpath.

https://onlineservices.parracity.nsw.gov.au/ePathway/Prod/Web/CustomerService/CustomerServiceType.aspx

I will be riding to there tomorrow to have a look and see if it`s still there and I will lodge a report to PCC and Bikeinfo.
ID please? What ID? My seat tube ID is 27.2mm or 31.6mm depending on what bikes I ride today.thanks...

Hergest
Posts: 1110
Joined: Sat Jun 06, 2009 8:05 pm
Location: Guildford West, NSW

Re: M4 Safety Alert Thread

Postby Hergest » Sat May 23, 2015 6:29 am

Bunged Knee wrote:For Parramatta City Council areas on cycling problems, try to report on what did it cause the risks of riding. Make sure to click on footpath.

https://onlineservices.parracity.nsw.gov.au/ePathway/Prod/Web/CustomerService/CustomerServiceType.aspx

I will be riding to there tomorrow to have a look and see if it`s still there and I will lodge a report to PCC and Bikeinfo.



I fell off at the same point a year or two ago when I hit the expansion joints that run diagonally across the path. They are filled with a mastic material that is a joint and also seems to serve as drainage In damp condition, they were and still are really dangerous as your front wheel gets thrown off line.

I contacted Parra council and got a phone call back from their chief engineer who told me it was the responsibility of the RTA for the M4 path there. As I said, nothing was ever done about it so now I move across the path and go at a right angle over the joints, there's one either end of the tunnel.

Maybe they will wait for the next flooding to wash it all away. :roll:
13 LynskeyR230 01 Lemond BuenosAires

Image

SwimBikeRun
Posts: 15
Joined: Thu May 21, 2015 8:19 am

Re: M4 Safety Alert Thread

Postby SwimBikeRun » Sat May 23, 2015 8:49 am

what section is it under? church street tunnel or the rail tunnel, i notice theres also a lot in the tunnel on the left near the holroyd sportsground

unbent
Posts: 28
Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2015 6:31 pm

Re: M4 Safety Alert Thread

Postby unbent » Sat May 23, 2015 5:06 pm

Hi all ,

Parramatta council were there cleaning up today ( watch out for trucks , workers and machines ). The whole path from Holroyd to Duck River is cleaner than it has been for years

Cheers

Hergest
Posts: 1110
Joined: Sat Jun 06, 2009 8:05 pm
Location: Guildford West, NSW

Re: M4 Safety Alert Thread

Postby Hergest » Sat May 23, 2015 5:11 pm

unbent wrote:Hi all ,

Parramatta council were there cleaning up today ( watch out for trucks , workers and machines ). The whole path from Holroyd to Duck River is cleaner than it has been for years

Cheers


Hooray!

The path will be closed from Tuesday to allow for widening of the M4.

(joke)
13 LynskeyR230 01 Lemond BuenosAires

Image

unbent
Posts: 28
Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2015 6:31 pm

Re: M4 Safety Alert Thread

Postby unbent » Sat May 23, 2015 6:10 pm

Hergest wrote:
unbent wrote:Hi all ,

Parramatta council were there cleaning up today ( watch out for trucks , workers and machines ). The whole path from Holroyd to Duck River is cleaner than it has been for years

Cheers


Hooray!

The path will be closed from Tuesday to allow for widening of the M4.

(joke)


Thanks heart skipped a beat there

User avatar
Bunged Knee
Posts: 749
Joined: Fri Mar 27, 2015 12:29 pm
Location: Not drowning in Parramatta river yet

Re: M4 Safety Alert Thread

Postby Bunged Knee » Sat May 23, 2015 6:22 pm

unbent wrote:Hi all ,

Parramatta council were there cleaning up today ( watch out for trucks , workers and machines ). The whole path from Holroyd to Duck River is cleaner than it has been for years

Cheers


I rode up to there after 4pm and found it cleaned up and it looked much better. I haven`t seen the workers and trucks. But from between Good St Granville and the rail lines, there`s gravel over the path that haven`t been swept away but it`s not a risk to bikes. Might be after Monday week, don`t know.

If there`s an inclement weather going on for days soon, then it will dump the silt over again. If seen, would be better to report it to Parra council`s link that I`ve provided in my other comment.

@Hergest, as about hoping that next flooding wil make it go away. No, it will build up more silt again to be dumped to make it worse and dangerous to inexperience riders.
ID please? What ID? My seat tube ID is 27.2mm or 31.6mm depending on what bikes I ride today.thanks...

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users