Cycling from Kent Street City to Kogarah Station

andrewwrx

Cycling from Kent Street City to Kogarah Station

Postby andrewwrx » Mon Sep 19, 2011 3:51 pm

Hi All,

Can someone please suggest a route from Sydney City (I work in Kent Street close to Harbour Bridge) which takes me to Kogarah Train Station?

I would like a route which gives me some good stretches (if possible) and is reasonably safe.

Any suggestion encourage and welcomed.

Thank you!

Andrew

BigBadWOLF

Re: Cycling from Kent Street City to Kogarah Station

Postby BigBadWOLF » Mon Sep 19, 2011 4:17 pm

head up to Taylors Square and then down the Bourke st bike path to Mascot and then maybe cut along marsh st and west botany down towards kogarah. I use Bourke st daily and its a good run downhill on the way home.
Kris..
Trek 7.3 - Daily Commute (Wolli Creek - City)

Dropbear20

Postby Dropbear20 » Mon Sep 19, 2011 9:26 pm

I use this route nearly every night http://www.bikemap.net/route/1250937. It will take you within a hundred metres of Kogarah Station.

BigBadWOLF

Postby BigBadWOLF » Mon Sep 19, 2011 9:49 pm

wow i use the same route but get off at wolli creek start at the same place as you
Kris..
Trek 7.3 - Daily Commute (Wolli Creek - City)

dainese

Postby dainese » Fri Feb 27, 2015 11:54 am

I have such an urge to ride to work. This route is exactly where I need to go to and from. I just worry about the traffic and given that I am quite new to this, it is quite intimidating. Might try the route on the weekend to get a feel for it.

Thanks for posting.

Dropbear20

Postby Dropbear20 » Mon Mar 16, 2015 12:30 am

dainese wrote: Might try the route on the weekend to get a feel for it.
dainese, how did you go? Most of the route is off road on cycle paths or back roads, but it's been a while since I rode it so I'm not sure what it's like now.

dainese

Postby dainese » Mon Mar 16, 2015 7:50 am

Dropbear20 wrote:
dainese wrote: Might try the route on the weekend to get a feel for it.
dainese, how did you go? Most of the route is off road on cycle paths or back roads, but it's been a while since I rode it so I'm not sure what it's like now.
Hello, thanks for asking.

Very well. Some thoughts include, the amount of lights on and off cycleways (part of the deal I suppose), cars have been generally very respectful, some broken sections and another section that should be just illegal (I'll see if I can get a video or something.)

I've done the route in one variation or another about 9 times now. I've learnt to vary it where possible by skipping sections and taking some roads, shaving up to 10 mins off total travel time.

I found marsh Street, the bridge as well, the break from Bourke Street Alexandria to Bourke Street surry hills to be disturbing both ways. Some stats: still building fitness and just getting out as much as I can. Bike is in pieces at the moment. Groupset upgrade had to be aborted because of having wrong cables and dodgy chain pin.