Eastlakes to St Leonards

Eastlakes to St Leonards

Postby not-A-clue » Wed Oct 19, 2011 8:47 am

Hi All

I am wanting to start commuting to and from work and am hoping some of you good people may be able to help with the safest route.

Cheers

Craig
not-A-clue

by BNA » Mon Oct 24, 2011 8:53 pm

BNA

Re: Eastlakes to St Leonards

Postby Saro28 » Mon Oct 24, 2011 8:53 pm

hi Craig, if you go into Happy Wheels, 2/393 Anzac Pde Kinsford, see Stu and ask for the cycling maps ( i put into his shop). His shop is nxt to the Asian Laksa house and the car mechanics..
Andy
Fight till the end n never give up. Cadel Evans 2012
Saro28

Postby wombatK » Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:07 pm

Ride The City is worth looking at. Enter your start/finish addresses, choose the safe route option. Bingo.
WombatK

Somebody has to do something, and it's just incredibly pathetic that it has to be us -Jerry Garcia
wombatK

Postby not-A-clue » Fri Oct 28, 2011 8:31 am

Thanks so much for the replies, I will let you know how I go.

Cheers
not-A-clue

Postby Syd_Nathan » Fri Oct 28, 2011 6:17 pm

Check out the route I take on my commute from Kirribilli to North Ryde here: http://connect.garmin.com/activity/120914211
It'll give you a good idea of the safest route from the Harbour Bridge to St Leonards at least.
The only 'iffy' bit is riding up the pacific Hwy between Middlemiss St and West St. There's plenty of cycle commuters on this stretch though so its usually fine.
There's nowhere you can cross safely from the Northbound lane of the Pacific Hwy into West St, so I usually ride up the Pacific Hwy to the lights at Williams St, then cross over onto the footpath/cyclepath on the right hand side of the road, and ride up that to west st.
West St has a shoulder for cyclists to ride on, and there is a dedicated cycleway between West St and St Leonards which runs parallel to the Gore Hill Fwy.

Happy commuting :D
Syd_Nathan

Return to New South Wales