30 October: Erik Mather Cup

30 October: Erik Mather Cup

Postby CommuRider » Wed Oct 26, 2011 3:40 pm

I suspect perchance a couple of BNA members knew Erik Mather. I knew Erik in a professional capacity and was saddened at his passing.

Found out that his club the Waratahs Vets CC is hosting the Colnago (Erik Mather) Cup in his memory this weekend at Eastern Creek Raceway. As I'm not a racer, by chance I came across it so posting it here

http://www.waratahvcc.asn.au/index.cfm
On Sunday 30 October the Waratahs will be hosting the 'Colnago (Erik Mather) Cup' at Eastern Creek Raceway. Sponsored by Colnago this event is in honour of Eric Mather, a popular A grade member who recently passed away. The event will be a graded scratch race across five grades. There will be cash prizes for the first 5 places totalling $2180, including $500 to the winner of A grade. In addition there will be prizes for Prime winners in each grade plus other give aways. Race entry for the event is $15 for all riders. Racing starts for all grades at 7 am, so please come and join us for another enjoyable mornings racing. Masters Men and Women only race - ie over 30 years of age. We will accept Masters Men with Elite licenses but you have to be 30+ - M1 or higher. All Elite Women including Elite Women 21 - 30 are also welcome. Graded Scratch across 5 grades. Sign-on from 6.00am. A grade runs 75min, lower grades slightly less. We have to be off the course by 8.30am. Sign-on and presentation at Gate 1.
Amateur oenologist and green-friendly commuter.
CommuRider

by BNA » Fri Oct 28, 2011 2:25 pm

BNA

Re: 30 October: Erik Mather Cup

Postby rogan » Fri Oct 28, 2011 2:25 pm

I knew Erik in the early 90s when he raced for UNSW with Derek Walker and others. A great guy.

There's a lengthy obit in today's SMH for anyone interested.
rogan

Re: 30 October: Erik Mather Cup

Postby CommuRider » Fri Oct 28, 2011 3:11 pm

Amateur oenologist and green-friendly commuter.
CommuRider

Return to New South Wales