Re: EOI Friday 30th December Ride

Postby vander » Thu Dec 29, 2011 7:30 pm

Is this ride happening tomorrow?

NotFlyingScot

Postby NotFlyingScot » Thu Dec 29, 2011 8:56 pm

leximack wrote:meet at 7am cnr samantha riley dr/Old windsor rd
Seeya's there :D
Sadly a non starter. Got new fridge being delivered in the morning. Better be here :(
Have fun.
FPR Jubilado Bludger

leximack

Postby leximack » Fri Dec 30, 2011 8:17 pm

Spiza

Postby Spiza » Fri Dec 30, 2011 8:37 pm

It's too bad you cut the ride short Don :P

vander

Postby vander » Fri Dec 30, 2011 10:40 pm

Didnt make it out there :( Been struggling with an ear infection (mainly struggling to sleep) finally was able to sleep last night so took that over riding. Pretty glad I did to be honest.

Mostly glad cause I dont think I would of made the distance!

vander

Postby vander » Mon Jan 16, 2012 9:02 pm

I was riding around the lower blue mountains today and went up to the kurrajong climb but having heard things about Bells line of road being not so good and having no shoulder I didnt do the climb on it. As you guys did the climb I was wondering if you knew what it was like? Is there a shoulder for it?

leximack

Postby leximack » Mon Jan 16, 2012 11:32 pm

vander wrote:I was riding around the lower blue mountains today and went up to the kurrajong climb but having heard things about Bells line of road being not so good and having no shoulder I didnt do the climb on it. As you guys did the climb I was wondering if you knew what it was like? Is there a shoulder for it?
not really any shoulder, some sections have a small bit you can ride on but i mainly road on the white line to the very left of the lane,the lanes are actually fairly wide so the cars have plenty of room to get around you. I didnt personally have any issues on the climb. I wouldnt however ride Bells Line Rd the entire distance as it does get pretty dodgy later on.
Give it a crack, its a good climb. Did you do Bowen Mtn ?

vander

Postby vander » Tue Jan 17, 2012 10:11 am

leximack wrote:
vander wrote:I was riding around the lower blue mountains today and went up to the kurrajong climb but having heard things about Bells line of road being not so good and having no shoulder I didnt do the climb on it. As you guys did the climb I was wondering if you knew what it was like? Is there a shoulder for it?
not really any shoulder, some sections have a small bit you can ride on but i mainly road on the white line to the very left of the lane,the lanes are actually fairly wide so the cars have plenty of room to get around you. I didnt personally have any issues on the climb. I wouldnt however ride Bells Line Rd the entire distance as it does get pretty dodgy later on.
Give it a crack, its a good climb. Did you do Bowen Mtn ?
Yea I have done Bowen a few times now. Doing it every monday at the moment. I might just have a crack at the other climb next monday.