2012 Alpine Sufferfest

stickgc

2012 Alpine Sufferfest

Postby stickgc » Fri Dec 23, 2011 4:28 pm

Soooooooo....

Since noone's brought it up yet I thought I'd better get the ball rolling. Who's in? Who's wimping out? When and where are we going?

I wouldn't mind doing the 3 peaks ride again, but it was a long drive from there over to Jindy, so that puts me off a bit. Chucky reckons I need to meet Tom this year. Sounds like a nice chap too, so I'd like to give that a crack. It'd be nice if we could have more of the uphill stuff with less of the descending- I hate descending.

And last time I spoke to that Spiza bloke he reckoned he would be coming, so this might be your best chance to put Spiz in the hurtbox. Not an opportunity to be missed I say. Mind you he probably only needs to train for about 30km and he'll be back to his normal self.

Cheers,
Greg

Chuck

Re: 2012 Alpine Sufferfest

Postby Chuck » Fri Dec 23, 2011 9:02 pm

Hope to get down there to do the Jindy stuff at the very least :)

Wouldn't be too concerned about Spiz, even if he doesn't ride between now and then he'll still beat us to the top of every climb :shock: :twisted: Our only problem will be getting him down there :idea: the guy loves to work :P
FPR Ragamuffin

leximack

Postby leximack » Fri Dec 23, 2011 9:24 pm

PICK ME PICK ME :lol: :lol:
when do you plan to go?
i have the first 2 weeks off in Jan ( i am thinking off heading down for a few days and just slumming it in the tent). Will just stay at the caravan park in jindabyne and do the usual rides (charlotes pass, tommy etc)
but would love to go down with the group also

Chuck

Postby Chuck » Fri Dec 23, 2011 9:42 pm

leximack wrote:PICK ME PICK ME :lol: :lol:
when do you plan to go?
i have the first 2 weeks off in Jan ( i am thinking off heading down for a few days and just slumming it in the tent). Will just stay at the caravan park in jindabyne and do the usual rides (charlotes pass, tommy etc)
Going to ride on your own down there in January Donny ??
FPR Ragamuffin

leximack

Postby leximack » Fri Dec 23, 2011 10:16 pm

Chuck wrote:
leximack wrote:PICK ME PICK ME :lol: :lol:
when do you plan to go?
Going to ride on your own down there in January Donny ??
i am going to go down somewhere between the 3rd and 16th January. Will look at Radar and pick the best 3 or 4 days to go down. Solo at this stage but happy to have riding buddies :D

stickgc

Postby stickgc » Sat Dec 24, 2011 4:05 pm

I was thinking of going in late Feb. Schools will be back but the weather hopefully will still warm and dry. I don't really feel like descending for an hour in pouring rain again.

You guys have all done this more times than me. Last year was different, but you usually just stay in Jindy for a few days don't you? I had a quick look and we might be able to get a decent house to stay at for about the same price as a couple of cabins at the caravan park.

Cheers,
Greg

NotFlyingScot

Postby NotFlyingScot » Sat Dec 24, 2011 5:48 pm

stickgc wrote:I was thinking of going in late Feb. Schools will be back but the weather hopefully will still warm and dry. I don't really feel like descending for an hour in pouring rain again.

You guys have all done this more times than me. Last year was different, but you usually just stay in Jindy for a few days don't you? I had a quick look and we might be able to get a decent house to stay at for about the same price as a couple of cabins at the caravan park.

Cheers,
Greg
That sounds a good option Greg if you can get something like that. Feb sounds good, as you say school's back, it's quieter and accommodation is cheaper. I think you can count the old fella as a starter (if not a finisher :) )
Would not mind ducking down in early Jan as well as Don proposes but that might be pushing my luck!
FPR Jubilado Bludger

stickgc

Postby stickgc » Sat Dec 24, 2011 9:23 pm

Just FYI the one place (5 bedroom house) I've looked at in Jindy for 4 nights accom is $550. IIRC the cabins we had last year were $90/ night and we had 2. Of course I'll burn up the $40/ night saved in fuel for my car :oops: :P

stickgc

Postby stickgc » Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:23 pm

For those interested in coming, but "out of the loop" so to speak, this hasn't been forgotten. Looks like we might be heading down in late Feb, but there's no solid dates yet.

Stay tuned.... :D

Greg

stickgc

Postby stickgc » Wed Jan 04, 2012 9:46 pm

stickgc wrote:And last time I spoke to that Spiza bloke he reckoned he would be coming, so this might be your best chance to put Spiz in the hurtbox. Not an opportunity to be missed I say. Mind you he probably only needs to train for about 30km and he'll be back to his normal self.
Not usually one to quote myself, but if you were looking forward to putting some hurt on Spiz, you're too late. He found his bike again last week.... :roll:

eon

Postby eon » Thu Jan 05, 2012 10:37 am

stickgc wrote:
stickgc wrote:And last time I spoke to that Spiza bloke he reckoned he would be coming, so this might be your best chance to put Spiz in the hurtbox. Not an opportunity to be missed I say. Mind you he probably only needs to train for about 30km and he'll be back to his normal self.
Not usually one to quote myself, but if you were looking forward to putting some hurt on Spiz, you're too late. He found his bike again last week.... :roll:
What's the dates you looking at Greg ?
If all aligns for me then I'll hopefully join this years Snowies trip... :)

Chuck

Postby Chuck » Thu Jan 05, 2012 10:42 am

eon wrote:
stickgc wrote:
What's the dates you looking at Greg ?
If all aligns for me then I'll hopefully join this years Snowies trip... :)
That would be cool :D

Come on Greg whack a date up so I can start organising it with work :P
FPR Ragamuffin

leximack

Postby leximack » Sat Jan 07, 2012 7:45 pm

2 rides from the quick Jindy getaway

Charlottes Pass
http://connect.garmin.com/activity/139234511

Jindy to thredbo to Dead Horse Gap to Tom Groggin to Geehi and return
Bring your climbing legs and a packed lunch for this baby :shock:
http://connect.garmin.com/activity/139234504

p.s. Sandy you owe me $3847
thats $1 for every bug stuck on my car :shock: :wink: :wink: :lol: :lol:

Spiza

Postby Spiza » Sat Jan 07, 2012 8:29 pm

leximack wrote:Jindy to thredbo to Dead Horse Gap to Tom Groggin to Geehi and return
Bring your climbing legs and a packed lunch for this baby
Doesn't look like you made it all the way to Geehi. Oh well, maybe next time :P

leximack

Postby leximack » Sat Jan 07, 2012 9:32 pm

Spiza wrote:
leximack wrote:Jindy to thredbo to Dead Horse Gap to Tom Groggin to Geehi and return
Bring your climbing legs and a packed lunch for this baby
Doesn't look like you made it all the way to Geehi. Oh well, maybe next time :P
maybe not, but my bike did :wink: :lol: :lol:

stickgc

Postby stickgc » Sat Jan 07, 2012 10:33 pm

Just to throw the suggestion out there, what about a couple of days at Bright instead of Jindy? We of course would have to do the 3 Peaks Challenge since that bastard remains unfinished, but there seems to be a few other rides around the area that might be OK too. Check out the rides listed on this link;

http://www.semainefederale.org.au/rides.html

We could maybe do the Day 1 'Hard' ride around Lake Buffalo and the Day 3 'Hard' ride up Mt Buffalo. Not 100% sure of the roads down there, but there are some cycleways and the roads we were on last year were good.

Just thought I'd throw it out there as Don and Sandy might find Jindy a bit 'old' since they've just come back :wink: :lol: Maybe it's a bit close to the time to plan a trip to Bright though, so might be a safer thing to just stick with Jindy.

What do you guys reckon?

NotFlyingScot

Postby NotFlyingScot » Sun Jan 08, 2012 4:38 pm

stickgc wrote:Just to throw the suggestion out there, what about a couple of days at Bright
http://www.semainefederale.org.au/rides.html
What do you guys reckon?
Several very attractive sounding rides there. I'd have no problems with going to Bright area again and as you say we have unfinished business to complete down there.
FPR Jubilado Bludger

Chuck

Postby Chuck » Mon Jan 09, 2012 9:45 am

stickgc wrote: What do you guys reckon?
I reckon it's better when Sandy organises it :P no dithering :P :P
FPR Ragamuffin

stickgc

Postby stickgc » Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:22 pm

Chuck wrote:I reckon it's better when Sandy organises it :P no dithering :P :P
Me too :wink:

Anyone heard from Sandman or Bandito?

leximack

Postby leximack » Mon Jan 09, 2012 8:41 pm

stickgc wrote:

Sandman cant make it
Not spoken to Bandito

leximack

Postby leximack » Wed Jan 11, 2012 8:28 pm

leximack wrote:
stickgc wrote:

Sandman cant make it
Not spoken to Bandito
Bandito is super keen. Said would confirm once a date is set

stickgc

Postby stickgc » Fri Jan 13, 2012 7:37 pm

Just to clarify, I'm planning on us going to Bright. We could do a half day ride up Mt Buffalo, another one around Lake Buffalo and the big ride will be the 3 Peaks Challenge ride. That little gem is still taunting me :)

Besides, Sandy didn't enjoy his last trip to Jindy :P

Greg

aeroslave

Postby aeroslave » Mon Jan 16, 2012 11:48 pm

All systems go? Leave has been approved :)
http://veloviewer is broken/SigImage.php?a=33 ... ij&z=a.gif" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

stickgc

Postby stickgc » Thu Feb 09, 2012 10:57 pm

Looks like we'll be needing the wet weather gear. Probably the warmers and stuff too. :evil:

I might just offer to drive the support vehicle for you guys :mrgreen: Thankfully it's all wheel drive.

bmxbandito

Postby bmxbandito » Thu Feb 09, 2012 11:23 pm

Will be tagging along so who needs a lift. Garmins & 27 tooth cassettes will have to go with someone else's car. Still up in the air about plastic frames too, might be ok with those not sure?. Does anyone need mudguards can probably match c r c & wiggle prices :x
DID ANYONE WITNESS SANDY THROW OUT HIS ALDI SEE THROUGH BARE ASS BIBS. Need to know so I can take real dark sunnies :lol: