Accident on Pyrmont Bridge Road

Accident on Pyrmont Bridge Road

Postby longshanks » Tue Apr 03, 2012 10:24 am

Riding in a little late this morning i passed what appeared to be an incident between a truck and a female cyclist. It was a little after 8.30am. The police were already in attendance. There was no ambulance on the scene and the cyclist appeared to be OK though she was clearly shaken by the incident. She was standing up and giving a statement to one of the policeman. Her bikes front wheel was completely buckled. There was a guy with her also who may have been a passer by or perhaps boyfriend who managed to quickly get to the scene (pure speculation on my behalf). The truck in question was a flat bed with a loading crane behind the cab so was fairly large. It was parked in the parking bay just before the intersection of Pyrmont Bridge Road and Little Mount St. The driver was being questioned by the other policeman.

This little pinch up the hill is a bit of a bugger in my opinion. Cyclists usually get the lights at the intersection just before the overpass there and traffic is two lanes, banked up and can be heavy. I usually try to fang it up that hill, stay in the middle of my lane and hold my line. Its too narrow to gutter hug. Did anyone else either see this happen or ride past at the time?
longshanks

by BNA » Tue Apr 03, 2012 11:33 am

BNA

Re: Accident on Pyrmont Bridge Road

Postby find_bruce » Tue Apr 03, 2012 11:33 am

Glad to hear the cyclist was up & not badly injured - meeting a truck is never going to be fun.
find_bruce

Re: Accident on Pyrmont Bridge Road

Postby greeny23 » Tue Apr 03, 2012 3:57 pm

must have just missed it, passed through at around 8.20am.
greeny23

Return to New South Wales