An abslutely **AWESOME** day out riding and hiking !

sandman

An abslutely **AWESOME** day out riding and hiking !

Postby sandman » Sun Mar 09, 2008 5:59 pm

Got out of bed an hour late this morning, out the door by about 7:15am and up the mountains. My god, the air was crisp and the sky so blue ! Passed 2 riders on the way up to Mt Victoria so not many out on the road ! Had an attack of the munchies at Mt Vic so down go the banannas and power bars while sitting on my favourite bus seat outside the pub !

Rode back down to Wentworth falls where I met the wife and some friends for the next breakfast, bacon and eggs, YUM ! Then off to the Wentworth falls for a 4 hour bush walk finnishing with a lovely cup of tea at the tea rooms at the top of the walk.

Back on the bike, wow the traffic was REAL bad and powered all the way home.. I passed my wife at the top of Boddington hill and she finally passed me on Castlereagh road in Penrith, she was not happy.

Well once in the door, 4 wheetbix, some chocolate, nuts and anything else I could find, damm I was absolutely starving..

I hope everyone else managed to get out, it was one of the best days for riding I've seen in a long time !!!!!!

Cheers..Pete

Boognoss
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby Boognoss » Sun Mar 09, 2008 6:32 pm

Yep, you're spot on there. Bea-bloody-utiful day.

I managed to squeeze in 115km this morning before the missus dragged me into the city for lunch and wedding-related stuff (it wasn't too bad - testing Haighs chocolates :-):-))
Salsa Casseroll, Avanti Quantum, Specialized Tricross, Specialized Allez, Cell SS

sandman

Postby sandman » Sun Mar 09, 2008 7:50 pm

Very cool Simon...

It was a really nice day to ride, I just couldnt believe how blue the sky was this morning over the Blue Mountains. I put the riding gear on, I ALMOST took it back off to get back into bed, I was so darm tired. Once I got out onto Castlereagh road, the fresh air was amazing.

The ride up was just so nice, except that bloody detour around Hazelbrook that adds another reasonable hillclimb. The push the cyclists into a Valley and its a good climb getting back into Lawson when westbound...

Cheers..Pete

toolonglegs

Postby toolonglegs » Sun Mar 09, 2008 8:15 pm

...and you kicked me into 11th place :roll: ...funnily enough I went to Akuna and it was really foggy,thats something your suppose to have out west.Only manage 40 something k's and even thou it was great to be out god I suffered.Can't wait for the antibiotics to be out of my system!.But i will be coming back at you :wink:

Boognoss
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby Boognoss » Sun Mar 09, 2008 8:47 pm

Various parts of the M7 were foggy this morning. Even still foggy on the return as late as 8.30am despite being warmer and sunny by then..... Weird weather :-).
Salsa Casseroll, Avanti Quantum, Specialized Tricross, Specialized Allez, Cell SS

leximack

Postby leximack » Sun Mar 09, 2008 9:07 pm

i managed to squeeze in a quick 35k ride up the m2 to pennant hills rd and back, rode with Keith, left home at 7.40pm and was a quick 30km/h+ ride. Was good to stay ahead of boognoss ijn bj also :lol:
Was cool but nice, not a cloud in the sky and lots of pretty stars to look at.
Keith is bl00dy fast on the downhills, rolls at 65-70km/h and i struggle to stay on his wheel, i get him on the uphills though :lol:
Don

mikesbytes
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby mikesbytes » Sun Mar 09, 2008 9:41 pm

Well my day off hasn't affected my 3rd position. Nothing like K's in the bank.
If the R-1 rule is broken, what happens to N+1?

sandman

Postby sandman » Sun Mar 09, 2008 10:00 pm

toolonglegs wrote:...and you kicked me into 11th place :roll: ...funnily enough I went to Akuna and it was really foggy,thats something your suppose to have out west.Only manage 40 something k's and even thou it was great to be out god I suffered.Can't wait for the antibiotics to be out of my system!.But i will be coming back at you :wink:
Toolong

Great to hear you've got that passion firing !!!!! Hope you get better soon so we can get a good "chase" going :-) I'm going to have to pull the back wheel off tomorrow, soemthign rattling, who knows where its comming from. The Great Western Highway in the mountains can be harsh on a bike !

Cheers..Pete

sandman

Postby sandman » Sun Mar 09, 2008 10:05 pm

leximack wrote:i managed to squeeze in a quick 35k ride up the m2 to pennant hills rd and back, rode with Keith, left home at 7.40pm and was a quick 30km/h+ ride. Was good to stay ahead of boognoss ijn bj also :lol:
Was cool but nice, not a cloud in the sky and lots of pretty stars to look at.
Keith is bl00dy fast on the downhills, rolls at 65-70km/h and i struggle to stay on his wheel, i get him on the uphills though :lol:
Don
Thats a cracker Don, I bet he's fast.. Are you guys going to be round next weekend, wouldnt mind catching up for a ride ????? I wanna push the big guy up hills and play with his mind :-) Hopefully the Garmin will be here, if I have to chase Keith down a hill, maybe I can use that to work out Max HR ;-)

Cheers..Pete

sandman

Postby sandman » Sun Mar 09, 2008 10:06 pm

Boognoss wrote:Various parts of the M7 were foggy this morning. Even still foggy on the return as late as 8.30am despite being warmer and sunny by then..... Weird weather :-).
Simon, Ironman5 went out to Prestons this morning too, said it was foggy until he made it to the m4. You guys should come and play in the hills, the air and sky are clearer and there is more "pain" to be found ;-)

Cheers..Pete

sandman

Postby sandman » Sun Mar 09, 2008 10:08 pm

mikesbytes wrote:Well my day off hasn't affected my 3rd position. Nothing like K's in the bank.
Mike, you're just hardcore.....maybe the others in the top 10 want to join me and come for a surprise visit to your house and play "bouncies" with your bike, might give us a few weeks to catch you while your bike is getting fixed ;-)

Pete :lol: