Cyclist Down - Sydney CBD

Postby longshanks » Wed May 23, 2012 8:43 pm

Saw the aftermath of a clear collision tonight between a cyclist and taxi at the corner of Bent and Bligh streets. It was just after 5.30pm tonight. I did not witness the accident but there were a number of concerned people attending to the cyclist who was still down. Any ambulance or police had yet to arrive at the scene. What i did see was a little disturbing. Judging by the position of the vehicle and cyclist, it appears the two have collided as the taxi has turned right into Bligh St at the intersection (coming up the hill) and the cyclist coming down the hill along Bent St. The windscreen of the taxi though not shattered was cracked in many places and it was clear to see where the cyclist had impacted the glass. There are lights at this intersection so who knows how it happened but looked pretty bad. Anyone else see/hear about this?
longshanks

by BNA » Wed May 23, 2012 9:25 pm

BNA

Postby Stickybeak » Wed May 23, 2012 9:25 pm

longshanks wrote:Saw the aftermath of a clear collision tonight between a cyclist and taxi at the corner of Bent and Bligh streets. It was just after 5.30pm tonight. I did not witness the accident but there were a number of concerned people attending to the cyclist who was still down. Any ambulance or police had yet to arrive at the scene. What i did see was a little disturbing. Judging by the position of the vehicle and cyclist, it appears the two have collided as the taxi has turned right into Bligh St at the intersection (coming up the hill) and the cyclist coming down the hill along Bent St. The windscreen of the taxi though not shattered was cracked in many places and it was clear to see where the cyclist had impacted the glass. There are lights at this intersection so who knows how it happened but looked pretty bad. Anyone else see/hear about this?

bent street seems to be a magnet for bike and motorbike accidents: seen about 3 or 4 and I don't even use it regularly

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Stickybeak

Return to New South Wales