Sydney weather this morning!!!

Boognoss
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby Boognoss » Tue May 13, 2008 7:03 pm

leximack wrote: i am feeling heaps better now, 6.30-8.30am commute tomorrow, or atleast thats what i am hoping for, if i cant handle it i will shortcut it to work and get there early. Planning to do my 38km commute with an add-on at the rouse hill end. Will see how i go.

Don
Good stuff. I'm hoping for a decent ride tomorrow of at least 30km since I'm feeling a lot better now. Can't have you getting further ahead of me :-).

Similar weather again tomorrow so hopefully no rain when I get on the road.
Salsa Casseroll, Avanti Quantum, Specialized Tricross, Specialized Allez, Cell SS

sandman

Postby sandman » Tue May 13, 2008 10:07 pm

Hmm, I'm off the bike until I find a new BB.. Hopefully that will only postpone my ride from 9:00am to 1:00pm :-)

531db

Postby 531db » Tue May 13, 2008 10:23 pm

70 km around the Regatta Centre (SIRC) this arvo on the fixie, average of 32.5 kph was not too bad on a 74" fixie. Started out with a strong easterly that made the 'front' straight hard work and the 'back' straight spin crazy, bu the wind shifted direction and moderated after the first hour.

And is usually the case at SIRC, I had to use my handlebar mounted bell several times to warn stray pedestrians that they were on a cycle only path and that I was coming through... (Some people are truely in a world of their own...).

sandman

Postby sandman » Wed May 14, 2008 12:45 pm

Pete, were going to have to catchup soon....

Boognoss
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby Boognoss » Wed May 14, 2008 2:43 pm

I had my first enjoyable ride in over a month this morning (27km and didn't feel like death due to a recent flu afterwards). Bit foggy and cold at 05:30 but was clear by 06:00 and I rode for another 40 mins.

Is your bike fixed now Pete?
Salsa Casseroll, Avanti Quantum, Specialized Tricross, Specialized Allez, Cell SS

Starfire

Postby Starfire » Wed May 14, 2008 3:58 pm

It was my first ride in the fog. Not at all wet though but pretty thick near Rouse Hill. I really enjoyed it!

After being on this forum (and being late for work) I really pushed myself and made the ride in 15mins! (normally takes me about 20)

I saw someone speed by on the other side of the road. Anyone ride near the Rouse Hill Town Centre this morning around 8:30?
Starfire: I am happy to see her. But Blackfire rules the videogames and she is able to share very depressing poems AND she knows the cool moves and she always knows when people are NOT talking about shovels.

Boognoss
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby Boognoss » Wed May 14, 2008 4:03 pm

Starfire wrote: I saw someone speed by on the other side of the road. Anyone ride near the Rouse Hill Town Centre this morning around 8:30?
Wasn't me, I was at work at 8.30 :? .

leximack

Postby leximack » Wed May 14, 2008 6:04 pm

wasnt me either, if i go that way i am usually around the back of rouse hill town centre at around 8am

Don

Kev365428

Postby Kev365428 » Wed May 14, 2008 7:48 pm

Wasn't me either....but that's not surprising considering I live nowhere near Rouse Hill.

And I drove today.

Kev.

Boognoss
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby Boognoss » Wed May 14, 2008 7:50 pm

Kev365428 wrote:Wasn't me either....but that's not surprising considering I live nowhere near Rouse Hill.

And I drove today.

Kev.
:roll: :lol: :lol:

Starfire

Postby Starfire » Wed May 14, 2008 9:58 pm

Kev365428 wrote:Wasn't me either....but that's not surprising considering I live nowhere near Rouse Hill.

And I drove today.

Kev.
You're so funny :lol:
Boognoss wrote:I had my first enjoyable ride in over a month this morning (27km and didn't feel like death due to a recent flu afterwards). Bit foggy and cold at 05:30 but was clear by 06:00 and I rode for another 40 mins.
I don't know how you guys wake up so early to ride. I like my sleep!!
Starfire: I am happy to see her. But Blackfire rules the videogames and she is able to share very depressing poems AND she knows the cool moves and she always knows when people are NOT talking about shovels.

Boognoss
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby Boognoss » Wed May 14, 2008 10:02 pm

Starfire wrote:
I don't know how you guys wake up so early to ride. I like my sleep!!
So do I, but I love my fitness and have to work to keep my cycling habit funded :-). I've been over 50kg heavier than I am now so I like to stay where I am at the moment :wink: .

You do get used to early mornings after the first few months!

sandman

Postby sandman » Wed May 14, 2008 10:11 pm

Simon

Spring and Summer mornings are EXCELLENT, in Autumn and Winter, 1:00pm cycle rides are real nice. Early mornings in winter feel like this :-)

Boognoss
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby Boognoss » Wed May 14, 2008 10:14 pm

sandman wrote:Simon

Spring and Summer mornings are EXCELLENT, in Autumn and Winter, 1:00pm cycle rides are real nice. Early mornings in winter feel like this :-)

I'm glad Sydney doesn't get quite that cool Pete. I reckon it would be a matter of piling on all of the my jerseys in layers (about 8 layers), but the slippery roads would be the real worry :shock: .

Kev365428

Postby Kev365428 » Thu May 15, 2008 5:45 am

Spiked tyres will help counter the slip.

Starfire wrote: I don't know how you guys wake up so early to ride. I like my sleep!!
I'm making an assumption here Starfire, but I'm guessing your quite a few years younger than myself. I've been getting out of bed at 0500 or earlier for the better part of 27 years, with the exception of a 8 year gap where I was doing shift work, so every second week on arvo shift I could sleep in. Oh, and there was the year that I took all of summer off work and bummed around the beach, played golf, went fishing and visited Fraser Island for two weeks. Ah, that was heaven.

So, getting out of bed at 0400 for a commute or a weekend ride is no big deal. I still like to sleep in occasionally, but I find that come 0600 I'm awake and wondering what I could be doing other than sleeping.

And the other guys will back me up here when I say that riding during summer when the sun starts to peek over the horizon is just magical. No cars, no peds, little noise and clean air.

Kev.

mikesbytes
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby mikesbytes » Thu May 15, 2008 10:12 am

Beautiful this morning riding thru the fog
If the R-1 rule is broken, what happens to N+1?

challs

Postby challs » Thu May 15, 2008 2:24 pm

It was beautiful, but I was soaked through by the time I got to work!!

Nice afternoon for the ride home too.

FatPom

Postby FatPom » Thu May 15, 2008 3:27 pm

winter is the only time I get to throw 'weather hardness' back in your faces, 'cos I is afeared of the sun :oops:

Fog? today? bwahahahaha you pups don't know what fog is. That was a light mist, at best.

Get thee to the Grimpen Myre for real fog :wink:

jr1991

Postby jr1991 » Thu May 15, 2008 5:44 pm

"And the other guys will back me up here when I say that riding during summer when the sun starts to peek over the horizon is just magical. No cars, no peds, little noise and clean air.

Kev.[+1 :) :) /quote]"[/quote]
Pain is weakness leaving the body.

Chuck

Postby Chuck » Thu May 15, 2008 9:16 pm

The fantastic Sydney weather continues. The only downer was the rear flat on the M5 on the way home :x .
That's 2 in 2 days. Punctures suck.
I was passed by 2 riders while changing it this afternoon, a guy going hard on a flat bar roadie (I think) and another fella with an "Australia" jersey on. Does that describe any of you good people here ? (Twas around 3.40pm).

sandman

Postby sandman » Thu May 15, 2008 10:23 pm

The afternoon was majestic, Carol and I turned up at the Regatta at 2:30pm and off we went. Sun shining, no breeze, it was postcard perfect. At 4:00pm Carol decided that after 7 laps she was heading home so I decided to push on and chase some guys riding around the place.

WELL, I hooked up with 2 disabled athletes (rowers) that were in these 3 wheeler things spinning the drivecog with their arms. Not sure what its called but hell it looked like real hard work. I cant remember the girls name but she could drive hard, I was most impressed. I chatted to her for about a lap and then decided to hunt down her partner that was circling a little faster. Well "John" and I chatted for quite sometime, they were Gold Medal candidates for the disabled Games in Beijing (recently received Silver at the World Cup)...how cool is that. John wanted to draft me so I sat on 31 for him for a few laps and then he decided to pull 35 for a bit. Man can these people "cycle".

I was so chuffed, I've put a note on the fridge to look out for them on the ABC, 2 person mixed rowing, they are adamant they are going to win gold.. That made my day, what a great ride.

Cheers..Pete

531db

Postby 531db » Thu May 15, 2008 11:20 pm

sandman wrote:WELL, I hooked up with 2 disabled athletes (rowers) that were in these 3 wheeler things spinning the drivecog with their arms. Not sure what its called but hell it looked like real hard work.
Cheers..Pete
Sounds very much like handcycles, and yes they can certainly move on a flattish course.

sandman

Postby sandman » Fri May 16, 2008 8:15 am

Pete, those things can hoot along..Looking out the window, the road is wet, bugger I hear we're going to get morning showers over the next few days...

Pete

sandman

Postby sandman » Sat May 17, 2008 11:18 am

Twas 8.4c this morning when we kicked off at Penrith for the Lifecycles ride. Brisk but nice..and now the weather is closing in, yuck !

Pete

Boognoss
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby Boognoss » Sat May 17, 2008 12:00 pm

Absolutely fricking perfect riding weather in the hills this morning. I headed off about about 6.40 and rode the M7 cycleway end to end. Nice to have the legs and fitness back. Perfect temps, nice and sunny the whole time. A bit head-windy on the return journey up the M7 but can't complain too much. Tomorrow will be colder and windier so they say....