Sydney weather this morning!!!

tez001

Re: Sydney weather this morning!!!

Postby tez001 » Sun Jul 02, 2017 12:36 pm

g-boaf wrote:
I did two hours on a trainer inside, the temperature was fine. It was hard work though. ;)

It's just silly going out at 6:00am or earlier in the freezing cold, it's just not worth it. I'm being super careful ahead of going overseas in trying to avoid getting sick.
I can only do about half an hour on the trainer before I start thinking of burning the trainer :lol:

With the right gear its not too bad, just get the ears, fingers and toes sorted and its mostly bearable

Hergest

Postby Hergest » Sun Jul 02, 2017 2:22 pm

g-boaf wrote: It's just silly going out at 6:00am or earlier in the freezing cold, it's just not worth it. I'm being super careful ahead of going overseas in trying to avoid getting sick.

I see you did the same as me this morning Chris, waited till the frost had gone before going out.
13 LynskeyR230 01 Lemond BuenosAires

g-boaf

Postby g-boaf » Sun Jul 02, 2017 2:44 pm

Hergest wrote:
g-boaf wrote: It's just silly going out at 6:00am or earlier in the freezing cold, it's just not worth it. I'm being super careful ahead of going overseas in trying to avoid getting sick.

I see you did the same as me this morning Chris, waited till the frost had gone before going out.
I did head out at 6:15am. I did only 300m and returned home immediately - it was far too cold. :shock: :oops: I ended up going out again at 8:20am when it was warmer, minimum temperature of 2ºC.

Jawa

Postby Jawa » Mon Jul 03, 2017 11:43 am

Haha! Was out riding in Berowra yesterday, set out just before dawn and was a balmy 7 degrees ... by the time I hit the bridge at the bottom of Galston Gorge it was as low as -2 degrees ... everything just hurt

g-boaf

Postby g-boaf » Mon Jul 03, 2017 6:26 pm

tez001 wrote:
g-boaf wrote:
I did two hours on a trainer inside, the temperature was fine. It was hard work though. ;)

It's just silly going out at 6:00am or earlier in the freezing cold, it's just not worth it. I'm being super careful ahead of going overseas in trying to avoid getting sick.
I can only do about half an hour on the trainer before I start thinking of burning the trainer :lol:

With the right gear its not too bad, just get the ears, fingers and toes sorted and its mostly bearable
It's easy enough when you have a target as I do. You just focus on that and get on with it. I did another 2 hours today as well.

tubby74

Postby tubby74 » Wed Jul 12, 2017 9:02 pm

went for a ridw at wylde on sunday morning. car said 2 degrees when i left and when. i got back. flet frozen for the first fewbhundred metres but once off the firetrail never noticed the cold again. couldnt have done a road ride in those conditions .

g-boaf

Postby g-boaf » Thu Jul 13, 2017 12:42 pm

Weekend is suppposed to be even colder - by a lot.

Hergest

Postby Hergest » Thu Jul 13, 2017 2:38 pm

Funny this morning. I woke up at 4 and couldn't get back to sleep so went out and rode the roughly 4 hour M7 and Olympic Park loop from home. The warmest part of the ride was when i left home and it just got colder and colder as the sky lightened. When the sun came up it carried on getting colder and my poor old toes froze as I didn't put the booties on due to the relative warmth when I left.

It's an odd thing with the planet how the temperature drops as the sun rises.

tez001

Postby tez001 » Sun Jul 30, 2017 11:40 am

Temperature this morning was nice in Sydney, even put the shorts on today for the first time in months!
Shame about the winds though, that made tough going

g-boaf

Postby g-boaf » Sun Jul 30, 2017 4:33 pm

tez001 wrote:Temperature this morning was nice in Sydney, even put the shorts on today for the first time in months!
Shame about the winds though, that made tough going
Don't complain about the winds unless you were up in the Blue Mountains. :shock: Riding around Lawson was near impossible, the crosswinds were the most severe I've ever encountered.

Temperature was magic though. 8)

Planning on riding up to Katoomba again next weekend. :)

Jawa

Postby Jawa » Mon Jul 31, 2017 9:03 am

Was caught out a bit yesterday with the warmer weather. Went for cruise late afternoon along the M7 with the light winter gear in assuming it would cool off one the sun dips. However, it didn't and by the end I was sweating buckets.

... still, having the warmer weather was nice

tez001

Postby tez001 » Mon Jul 31, 2017 9:20 am

g-boaf wrote: Don't complain about the winds unless you were up in the Blue Mountains. :shock: Riding around Lawson was near impossible, the crosswinds were the most severe I've ever encountered.
I could imagine, however it is a lovely place to ride. Last time I rode, it was in near on zero degree temperatures so it was a bit hard to get going.

g-boaf

Postby g-boaf » Mon Jul 31, 2017 10:48 am

tez001 wrote:
g-boaf wrote: Don't complain about the winds unless you were up in the Blue Mountains. :shock: Riding around Lawson was near impossible, the crosswinds were the most severe I've ever encountered.
I could imagine, however it is a lovely place to ride. Last time I rode, it was in near on zero degree temperatures so it was a bit hard to get going.
True - it is pretty good, and there is a shoulder along most of it. Occasionally narrow in bits, but nothing major to worry about. Good riding. :)

g-boaf

Postby g-boaf » Sat Aug 19, 2017 2:07 pm

Good grief it was windy today. :shock:

tez001

Postby tez001 » Sat Aug 19, 2017 2:27 pm

Started at about 9:30, made it tough coming home.
It would have been worse yesterday if anyone was out riding!

biker jk

Postby biker jk » Sat Aug 19, 2017 2:40 pm

Windy but not dangerous today versus yesterday when I chose not ride given the 75kmh winds.

Hergest

Postby Hergest » Sat Aug 19, 2017 3:46 pm

Like Biker JK I didn't ride yesterday, it was just too risky. I went out first thing this morning heading South first of all while the wind wasn't too bad and made it to the Prestons end of the M7 just as the wind was getting up ready for riding up to Bella Vista. It gave me a PR for the full M7. Yay!

Cold wind too and Chris, was that you in short sleeves? I called out your name as we passed but then i wondered if it was you after all as there seems to be so many thin blokes with beards around at the moment, you all look the same.

zebee

Postby zebee » Sat Aug 19, 2017 5:45 pm

I rode the 'bent home from Macquarie Park to Campsie via Rhodes on Friday. Was some wind, especially on the bike path around the water at Rhodes, but nothing too worrying. Probably because I was mostly heading south and the winds were westerly. Rhodes was about the only unsheltered section.

Was pretty impressive earler in the day though! Not too bad on the ride to Strathfield station or from Eastwood to Mac Park, but by 2pm it was just about ripping the local trees out.

g-boaf

Postby g-boaf » Sat Aug 26, 2017 7:04 am

Another freezing morning. :roll:

tez001

Postby tez001 » Mon Sep 11, 2017 1:23 pm

Time to get out the short sleeve jerseys and shorts for the next two days in Sydney!

Andrew09

Postby Andrew09 » Sun Oct 15, 2017 6:56 pm

Beautiful day for riding the 105km Spring Cycle this morning. Calm , overcast conditions for most of the day. The windiest part was crossing the Harbour Bridge.

Jawa

Postby Jawa » Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:53 am

Andrew09 wrote:Beautiful day for riding the 105km Spring Cycle this morning. Calm , overcast conditions for most of the day. The windiest part was crossing the Harbour Bridge.
Rode the 105 also (111 by the time I finished), worst marshaling ever experienced .. I got lost 3 times, even Robbie McEwen went down the wrong road. Asked a "volunteer" at a rest stop which way to go and they had no idea.

Also, it's not the best look when you ride past these marshals and there too busy swiping on their mobiles ... Would have rather saved my 100 bucks and done a 100 km ride on my own

Andrew09

Postby Andrew09 » Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:11 am

Jawa wrote:
Andrew09 wrote:Beautiful day for riding the 105km Spring Cycle this morning. Calm , overcast conditions for most of the day. The windiest part was crossing the Harbour Bridge.
Rode the 105 also (111 by the time I finished), worst marshaling ever experienced .. I got lost 3 times, even Robbie McEwen went down the wrong road. Asked a "volunteer" at a rest stop which way to go and they had no idea.

Also, it's not the best look when you ride past these marshals and there too busy swiping on their mobiles ... Would have rather saved my 100 bucks and done a 100 km ride on my own

Getting lost is all part of the fun.

biker jk

Postby biker jk » Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:36 am

Jawa wrote:

If it's organised by Bicycle NSW, what did you expect? Poor marshalling/signage/route has been a feature of every Spring Cycle.

Jawa

Postby Jawa » Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:56 am

biker jk wrote:
Jawa wrote:

If it's organised by Bicycle NSW, what did you expect? Poor marshalling/signage/route has been a feature of every Spring Cycle.
I'd never ridden the SC before or an even organised by Bicycle NSW ... I guess my expectations were ... albiet elevated