Sydney weather this morning!!!

Re: Sydney weather this morning!!!

Postby biker jk » Thu Aug 07, 2014 2:35 pm

Not extremely cold on my ride today at 6 deg minimum, however, while I was wearing a fleece long sleave jersey, fleece vest and fleece tights, a young lady I saw at the start of my ride wore a short sleave top and shorts (no arm warmers). :shock:
User avatar
biker jk
 
Posts: 2896
Joined: Tue Nov 17, 2009 5:18 pm
Location: Sydney

by BNA » Thu Aug 07, 2014 5:01 pm

BNA
 

Re: Sydney weather this morning!!!

Postby leximack » Thu Aug 07, 2014 5:01 pm

biker jk wrote:Not extremely cold on my ride today at 6 deg minimum, however, while I was wearing a fleece long sleave jersey, fleece vest and fleece tights, a young lady I saw at the start of my ride wore a short sleave top and shorts (no arm warmers). :shock:


it would seem her HTFU level is far superior to yours :!: :!: :!: :wink: :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol:
User avatar
leximack
 
Posts: 3358
Joined: Sat Dec 01, 2007 9:14 pm

Re: Sydney weather this morning!!!

Postby biker jk » Thu Aug 07, 2014 5:25 pm

leximack wrote:
biker jk wrote:Not extremely cold on my ride today at 6 deg minimum, however, while I was wearing a fleece long sleave jersey, fleece vest and fleece tights, a young lady I saw at the start of my ride wore a short sleave top and shorts (no arm warmers). :shock:


it would seem her HTFU level is far superior to yours :!: :!: :!: :wink: :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol:


Perhaps but I truly felt sorry for her and briefly thought of lending her a spare vest and arm warmers I had in my kit bag. Besides, while her HFFU level was well above mine, I'm ahead of Xplora. :lol:
User avatar
biker jk
 
Posts: 2896
Joined: Tue Nov 17, 2009 5:18 pm
Location: Sydney

Re: Sydney weather this morning!!!

Postby leximack » Thu Aug 07, 2014 8:53 pm

biker jk wrote: Besides, while her HFFU level was well above mine, I'm ahead of Xplora. :lol:


my grandma's HTFU level is above Xplora's :shock: :shock: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sorry Dude, couldnt help myself :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
User avatar
leximack
 
Posts: 3358
Joined: Sat Dec 01, 2007 9:14 pm

Re: Sydney weather this morning!!!

Postby fatherofmany » Thu Aug 07, 2014 8:54 pm

Boognoss wrote:I stupidly went for a "lovely" early Sunday ride to the NW area (Maralya/Bligh Park/etc) and my fingertips froze (despite two layers of gloves). They thawed out at Maccas for brekkie and it was OK after that. Never had a colder ride, nor have my hands been so cold and painful.


Yeah, was a bit nippy up here on Sunday morning Boog. Yep I'm back on the bike, tell you the story later.

Left home at about 6:30 at zero degrees, got back 2 hours later and it was still about 4 in the shade here. After 2 hours on the road I still didn't raise a sweat.

Wednesday morning I saw my first frost in a while too, which is a bit unusual close to the water, a wee bit chilly too.

FoM
15 Bikes 2 adults 6 children, 2 dogs, 10 chooks and a heck of a lot of fish
User avatar
fatherofmany
 
Posts: 2965
Joined: Thu Aug 14, 2008 3:13 pm
Location: Central Coast NSW Australia 33°26'16"S 151°20'39.50"E ish

Re: Sydney weather this morning!!!

Postby rheicel » Thu Aug 07, 2014 9:27 pm

Still extremely cold for me :!:
Image
User avatar
rheicel
 
Posts: 1439
Joined: Sat Jul 14, 2012 5:01 pm
Location: Sydney

Re: Sydney weather this morning!!!

Postby g-boaf » Thu Aug 07, 2014 9:38 pm

rheicel wrote:Still extremely cold for me :!:


It was very chilly when I got home tonight. A lot of my efforts are indoors at the moment - so I'm sweating it out there, but god you feel it when you go outside. Warmer weather would be nice, but with that comes the damn magpies. :shock:

I'll be quite happy when the summer returns. I really feel the cold badly. I've done rides where I had a wind breaker on and a jacket over that too.

Worst is if you ride faster and break into a bit of a sweat, the moment you stop you absolutely freeze.
Giant TCR SL1 / Cervelo P5 Six / Specialized Langster Pro
g-boaf
 
Posts: 4406
Joined: Mon Sep 26, 2011 6:11 pm

Re: Sydney weather this morning!!!

Postby westab » Thu Aug 07, 2014 11:15 pm

g-boaf wrote:
rheicel wrote:Still extremely cold for me :!:


It was very chilly when I got home tonight. A lot of my efforts are indoors at the moment - so I'm sweating it out there, but god you feel it when you go outside. Warmer weather would be nice, but with that comes the damn magpies. :shock:

I'll be quite happy when the summer returns. I really feel the cold badly. I've done rides where I had a wind breaker on and a jacket over that too.

Worst is if you ride faster and break into a bit of a sweat, the moment you stop you absolutely freeze.


Mate I feel the cold too - when you stop you freeze you already know the solution - DON'T STOP :mrgreen: All I need now is a job that just required me to ride around all day then go home for a nice warm shower. Anyone who know where to find this job please let me know - there has to be one out there like this. :roll: :lol: 8)

Good rides to and from work today - hope the weather stays nice tomorrow. Spring is just around the corner and the first magpie swoop this morning confirms it.
Not fast, no style, but still get there.
westab
 
Posts: 1358
Joined: Fri Apr 09, 2010 5:05 pm
Location: Blacktown, NSW

Re: Sydney weather this morning!!!

Postby QuangVuong » Thu Aug 07, 2014 11:28 pm

Postie
80's Bundy
87 Kestrel 4000
88 Giant Cadex 980c
89 Centurion Carbon
89 Peugeot Carbon Pro
99 Kestrel 200 EMS

Image
User avatar
QuangVuong
 
Posts: 1123
Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2013 4:04 pm
Location: Villawood, Sydney

Re: Sydney weather this morning!!!

Postby Hergest » Sat Aug 09, 2014 10:03 am

A misty moisty morning today. Rather nice i thought. There wasn't much to see from the top of Woo-Loo-Ra though.

Image
2013 Lynskey R230. 2001 Lemond Buenos Aires.
Hergest
 
Posts: 335
Joined: Sat Jun 06, 2009 8:05 pm
Location: Guildford West, NSW

Re: Sydney weather this morning!!!

Postby queequeg » Sat Aug 09, 2014 10:05 am

Hergest wrote:A misty moisty morning today. Rather nice i thought. There wasn't much to see from the top of Woo-Loo-Ra though.

Image


Nice bike though :-)
'11 Lynskey Cooper CX, '00 Hillbrick Steel Racing (Total Rebuild '10), '09 Electra Townie Original 21D
User avatar
queequeg
 
Posts: 3005
Joined: Thu Dec 17, 2009 9:09 am

Re: Sydney weather this morning!!!

Postby Rockford » Sun Aug 10, 2014 5:31 pm

One of life's great pleasures is riding up Elizabeth Dr into a headwind, while admiring the line B-Doubles travelling south....
Image
User avatar
Rockford
 
Posts: 903
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 12:37 pm
Location: Sydney

Re: Sydney weather this morning!!!

Postby biker jk » Sun Aug 10, 2014 6:57 pm

Rockford wrote:One of life's great pleasures is riding up Elizabeth Dr into a headwind, while admiring the line B-Doubles travelling south....


Ah, the serenity. :lol:
User avatar
biker jk
 
Posts: 2896
Joined: Tue Nov 17, 2009 5:18 pm
Location: Sydney

Re: Sydney weather this morning!!!

Postby isabella24 » Sun Aug 10, 2014 7:01 pm

The videos going straight to the pool room....
2011 Trek Madone 4.5 / 2013 Vivente World Randonneur / *Almost delivered* 2015 Lynskey Helix Di2 Hydro Disc
User avatar
isabella24
 
Posts: 539
Joined: Sun Apr 01, 2012 4:54 pm
Location: Sydney

Re: Sydney weather this morning!!!

Postby Hergest » Sun Aug 17, 2014 8:54 am

So any brave souls out this morning? I walked the Mutt instead along the canal shared path and it was eerily quiet as we were the only 2 out huddled under the brolly.
2013 Lynskey R230. 2001 Lemond Buenos Aires.
Hergest
 
Posts: 335
Joined: Sat Jun 06, 2009 8:05 pm
Location: Guildford West, NSW

Re: Sydney weather this morning!!!

Postby tez001 » Sun Aug 17, 2014 7:15 pm

Hergest wrote:So any brave souls out this morning? I walked the Mutt instead along the canal shared path and it was eerily quiet as we were the only 2 out huddled under the brolly.


Not that keen!
tez001
 
Posts: 188
Joined: Mon Nov 11, 2013 10:05 pm

Re: Sydney weather this morning!!!

Postby am50em » Sun Aug 17, 2014 8:02 pm

After 10:45am rain stopped around Hornsby so I went out to do Galston/Berwora Waters Gorges. Surprisingly few motor vehicles and even less cyclists. I only saw two others. The sun came out half way thru the ride so it was very pleasant. Roads were wet so it was lucky I had fitted the mudguards which worked very well. Driving later in the day saw a few cyclists out at Terrey Hills way.
Image
am50em
 
Posts: 159
Joined: Sat Aug 28, 2010 10:21 pm
Location: Sydney

Re: Sydney weather this morning!!!

Postby isabella24 » Sun Aug 17, 2014 8:26 pm

am50em wrote:After 10:45am rain stopped around Hornsby so I went out to do Galston/Berwora Waters Gorges. Surprisingly few motor vehicles and even less cyclists. I only saw two others. The sun came out half way thru the ride so it was very pleasant. Roads were wet so it was lucky I had fitted the mudguards which worked very well. Driving later in the day saw a few cyclists out at Terrey Hills way.

Good onya :-)
2011 Trek Madone 4.5 / 2013 Vivente World Randonneur / *Almost delivered* 2015 Lynskey Helix Di2 Hydro Disc
User avatar
isabella24
 
Posts: 539
Joined: Sun Apr 01, 2012 4:54 pm
Location: Sydney

Re: Sydney weather this morning!!!

Postby find_bruce » Mon Aug 18, 2014 10:22 am

Was anyone keen enough to get out today? I am working from home today & am glad I did
Image
User avatar
find_bruce
 
Posts: 4031
Joined: Mon May 09, 2011 8:42 pm
Location: Sydney

Re: Sydney weather this morning!!!

Postby biker jk » Mon Aug 18, 2014 10:29 am

find_bruce wrote:Was anyone keen enough to get out today? I am working from home today & am glad I did


I was up at 5.30am ready for a ride but the radar showed the rain approaching faster than the forecast last night so stayed in bed. If I had departed at the time planned I would have been soaked after 20 minutes.
User avatar
biker jk
 
Posts: 2896
Joined: Tue Nov 17, 2009 5:18 pm
Location: Sydney

Re: Sydney weather this morning!!!

Postby Sychen » Mon Aug 18, 2014 11:08 am

Glad I went for a ride yesterday afternoon. Saw some die hard in shorts this morning over Anzac bridge.
Sychen
 
Posts: 62
Joined: Wed Apr 16, 2014 7:07 pm

Re: Sydney weather this morning!!!

Postby thomashouseman » Mon Aug 18, 2014 1:09 pm

Warmest morning in a long time this morning.... Pity about the rain.
thomashouseman
Moderator
Moderator
 
Posts: 1101
Joined: Wed Sep 16, 2009 9:07 am
Location: Toongabbie NSW

Re: Sydney weather this morning!!!

Postby goneriding » Mon Aug 18, 2014 1:20 pm

I commuted this morning. It has been a while since I've been rained on that heavily! My sinuses copped a couple car passing specials.

Looking into the various 4+ wheeled vehicles made me very happy to be soaked as I could have been where they were!

Very slow commute but safety first! I am not looking forward to putting on the cold and clammy gear for the trip home :(
Image
User avatar
goneriding
 
Posts: 2240
Joined: Thu Nov 15, 2007 3:14 pm
Location: Strathfield

Re: Sydney weather this morning!!!

Postby find_bruce » Mon Aug 18, 2014 1:42 pm

Chuck Norris called - apparently he dreams of being as tough as thomashouseman and goneriding :D
Image
User avatar
find_bruce
 
Posts: 4031
Joined: Mon May 09, 2011 8:42 pm
Location: Sydney

Re: Sydney weather this morning!!!

Postby queequeg » Mon Aug 18, 2014 2:26 pm

Radar looked ominous at 5:15am, but I looked at the progression of the rain approaching the city and figured I had 1 hour until the downpour. Was going to chance it without the wet weather gear, spent 10min suiting up, and got to within 10m of the office before it rained. So, I should have just gone straight out the door!

Anyway, I saw only one other cyclist on my way in, so it will be a wet and quiet ride home!
'11 Lynskey Cooper CX, '00 Hillbrick Steel Racing (Total Rebuild '10), '09 Electra Townie Original 21D
User avatar
queequeg
 
Posts: 3005
Joined: Thu Dec 17, 2009 9:09 am

PreviousNext

Return to New South Wales

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users


PM Issues
Known Bug - error message displayed when sending PM's caused by tapatalk. Read more


Popular Bike Shops
Wiggle Wiggle UK
Ground Effect Ground Effect NZ
Ebay Ebay AU
Chain Reaction Cycles CRC UK

“Bicycles BNA Twitter
“Bicycles BNA Facebook
“Google+ BNA Google+
“Bicycles BNA Newsletter

> FREE BNA Stickers
> BNA Cycling Kit