Sydney weather this morning!!!

Boognoss
Super Mod
Super Mod

Re: Sydney weather this morning!!!

Postby Boognoss » Wed Dec 16, 2015 11:03 am

I was very lucky and avoided any rain this morning. Probably won't be so lucky this arvo though.
Salsa Casseroll, Avanti Quantum, Specialized Tricross, Specialized Allez, Cell SS

g-boaf

Postby g-boaf » Wed Dec 16, 2015 11:04 am

find_bruce wrote:I usually wait to have a shower until I get to work, but today I got one for a chunk of the ride

The only shower for me was the stinking heat and humidity. Bloody awful - really uncomfortable. :( The proper shower has never been so nice, and then have a big industrial fan going while I dried off.

Looking like there will be one hell of a storm any time soon, it's getting darker and darker around here (near The Australian Club).

Yesterday was pretty unpleasant in the evening too, also got and humid and threatening to storm. I had to smash myself on the way home to beat the storm. :shock:

Edit: There was a tornado near Kurnell, and wind gusts of up to 200km/h have been recorded in the area. :shock: :shock: :shock:

Hergest

Postby Hergest » Sun Dec 20, 2015 8:07 am

Glorious morning today out on the M7 by the WSRP. I was out early beating the heat as the day looks like being a scorcher.

13 LynskeyR230 01 Lemond BuenosAires

recumbenteer

Postby recumbenteer » Fri Dec 25, 2015 8:31 am

Cool, clear & quiet. ... well.. the cool was right....clear as well....quiet??..... peds everywhere. ....seems we all had the same idea ...but only 2 other riders though.
Bah humbug!

Merry Xmas all!!
http://rvvelonaut.blogspot.com.au/
Speedwell GTS Deluxe
Bates Royal Star
CoolCruza
Rotovelo

g-boaf

Postby g-boaf » Sun Jan 03, 2016 3:31 pm

Good to see the green rocket in action again. :)

Glad I got home and completed my 106km before the weather hit. Heavy rain and thunder at the moment.

Still, 540km this week - can't complain at all. :)

Hergest

Postby Hergest » Sun Jan 03, 2016 6:25 pm

I got caught in the very worst of the storm all the way from coming off the M7 at the WSRP through to Fairfield and the Rail Trail where it petered out. I have to admit I really enjoyed it as the heaviness of the rain was exciting and once I was saturated it couldn't get any worse so I happily ploughed on.

If anybody ever mentions about why we wear lycra material then this afternoon was a perfect reason. I was soaked through completely but my lightweight summer top stopped any wind chill due to the fancy material. If I had gone out in a cotton t-shirt then once it was wet I would have been frozen.

The stormwater channel that usually has a few inches of water along the Prospect Creek path was interesting.

This bridge...

The flow was slightly heavier than normal :shock:

The path under the Cumberland Highway. I went round the long way.

The T-Way

g-boaf

Postby g-boaf » Tue Jan 05, 2016 2:07 pm

Just awful weather. Pouring in the CBD, not much better out West, accidents everywhere.

g-boaf

Postby g-boaf » Sat Jan 16, 2016 12:23 pm

Got drenched just up from Broadway, it absolutely bucketed down. :( There was some sort of traffic accident there too, 3 cars involved, couldn't see any obvious damage to any of them.

Hergest

Postby Hergest » Sat Jan 16, 2016 1:09 pm

We did a rather easy loop down the Rail Trail to the bottom of the M7 and then up through WSRP to Pemulwuy and home. A couple of blustery showers was all there was so the bad weather is very localised.

queequeg

Postby queequeg » Sat Jan 16, 2016 2:45 pm

Dodged most of the rain today and got in a nice 100km loop from Kellyville to Windsor - Lower Portland - Sackville - Oakville - Kellyville.
It only started raining again about 5km from the end, but heaters were on at the Ettamogah so all was good :-)
'11 Lynskey Cooper CX, '00 Hillbrick Steel Racing (Total Rebuild '10), '15 Cervelo S5

find_bruce

Postby find_bruce » Sat Jan 16, 2016 4:32 pm

Twas a glorious afternoon for a ride

CXCommuter

Postby CXCommuter » Sun Jan 17, 2016 7:29 pm

Rode out to folks home at Lower Portland via Wisemans Ferry nice 85kms solo)- five minutes of rain at Wisemans Ferry was all I encountered. Ride home today was a moderate headwind the whole way- hard yards done- crawled through the front door and collapsed into a glass of fruit juice.

caneye

Postby caneye » Thu Jan 21, 2016 7:58 pm

Wow...how about that storm. Never been so drenched before. Straight to the shower when I got home.

find_bruce

Postby find_bruce » Thu Jan 21, 2016 8:05 pm

Could see threatening clouds in the distance & thought I could get to daycare & pick up my son before the rain hit. I was wrong, oh so wrong

Boognoss
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby Boognoss » Thu Jan 21, 2016 8:28 pm

I was very smug until Browns Waterhole on the M2 and for the next 30 mins there was no more smug at all.
Salsa Casseroll, Avanti Quantum, Specialized Tricross, Specialized Allez, Cell SS

g-boaf

Postby g-boaf » Thu Jan 21, 2016 10:41 pm

caneye wrote:Wow...how about that storm. Never been so drenched before. Straight to the shower when I got home.

Very spectacular storm indeed!

CXCommuter

Postby CXCommuter » Fri Jan 22, 2016 10:05 am

I loved the rain- was very refreshing- had a moment this mornign when i hit a white painted line on the shared path in Artarmon whilst passing a ped, reminded of "slippery when wet". Managed to stay upright thankfully

Boognoss
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby Boognoss » Fri Jan 22, 2016 11:09 am

CXCommuter wrote:I loved the rain- was very refreshing- had a moment this mornign when i hit a white painted line on the shared path in Artarmon whilst passing a ped, reminded of "slippery when wet". Managed to stay upright thankfully

Lucky, I've come down hitting paint before.

CXCommuter

Postby CXCommuter » Fri Jan 22, 2016 1:22 pm

Boognoss wrote:
CXCommuter wrote:I loved the rain- was very refreshing- had a moment this mornign when i hit a white painted line on the shared path in Artarmon whilst passing a ped, reminded of "slippery when wet". Managed to stay upright thankfully

Lucky, I've come down hitting paint before.

Yep been there, took me a while to restart breathing this morning

find_bruce

Postby find_bruce » Fri Jan 22, 2016 4:23 pm

I have stacked on whatever the black stuff is that they apply over cracks in the bitumen - as slippery as paint, even less visible in the rain.

Been looking for a hole in the rain to sneak home. Don't think it is happening so am resigned to getting drenched, again.

westab

Postby westab » Fri Jan 22, 2016 5:51 pm

find_bruce wrote:I have stacked on whatever the black stuff is that they apply over cracks in the bitumen - as slippery as paint, even less visible in the rain.

Been looking for a hole in the rain to sneak home. Don't think it is happening so am resigned to getting drenched, again.

Mate I'll be joining you getting drenched - the good news is that once your soaked it doesn't get worse.

I'm actually looking forward to it - and the long shower i'll be having when I get home. I can hear my middle kid complaining to Mrs Westab already - "why does Dad get to have a long shower and I don't?" Answer like always - you want to ride in the rain so Dad can have the car you can have the long shower. :lol: :roll: :mrgreen: I just love the grumpy trudge down the hallway, the mutter of how unfair life is, followed by the door slamming noise. Young teenage girls can be fun sometimes. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Not fast, no style, but still get there.

find_bruce

Postby find_bruce » Fri Jan 22, 2016 6:53 pm

westab wrote:
find_bruce wrote:I have stacked on whatever the black stuff is that they apply over cracks in the bitumen - as slippery as paint, even less visible in the rain.

Mate I'll be joining you getting drenched - the good news is that once your soaked it doesn't get worse.

I'm actually looking forward to it - and the long shower i'll be having when I get home. I can hear my middle kid complaining to Mrs Westab already - "why does Dad get to have a long shower and I don't?" Answer like always - you want to ride in the rain so Dad can have the car you can have the long shower. :lol: :roll: :mrgreen: I just love the grumpy trudge down the hallway, the mutter of how unfair life is, followed by the door slamming noise. Young teenage girls can be fun sometimes. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

That's real dad humour :mrgreen:

I'm a bit annoyed, not because I got drenched, just because I left late & came directly home thinking wife & child would be here already. If I'd known they were going to be late I could have got some more commuting k's in. I've got just enough to sneak past Jason temporarily into 3rd place, but I'm 100 + km short of Rob & Graham W. Have to think what commuting I can justify over the weekend :lol:

BTW I would much rather be wet than stuck in the CBD car park - wet weather always slows things down, add to which the moron who dumped a load of dirt all over the Habour Bridge & it was gridlock.

CXCommuter

Postby CXCommuter » Fri Jan 22, 2016 7:16 pm

find_bruce wrote:
westab wrote:

That's real dad humour :mrgreen:

I'm a bit annoyed, not because I got drenched, just because I left late & came directly home thinking wife & child would be here already. If I'd known they were going to be late I could have got some more commuting k's in. I've got just enough to sneak past Jason temporarily into 3rd place, but I'm 100 + km short of Rob & Graham W. Have to think what commuting I can justify over the weekend :lol:

BTW I would much rather be wet than stuck in the CBD car park - wet weather always slows things down, add to which the moron who dumped a load of dirt all over the Habour Bridge & it was gridlock.

Man the traffic was bad- could barely get out of the office with all of the backed up cars- felt good though once up and running and weather was wet and pleasant

Boognoss
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby Boognoss » Sat Jan 23, 2016 10:25 am

A touch wet yesterday arvo ;)

Hergest

Postby Hergest » Sat Jan 23, 2016 11:36 am

Wet but faster than the cars and with some very cool music.